ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Football Ticket Invoices...

the artist FKA zipp

4500+
Gold Member
May 29, 2022
Has anyone received an email about invoices already for NEXT season?

It's not a bad idea for U of L to strike while the iron is hot. And Brohm already has his program on fire. It's my understanding that U of L is extending the installment payment option over a longer time period if you renew now. Less pain with smaller payments, also not a bad idea.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has looked at their itemized invoices closely. I'm pretty sure my season tickets are priced the same in total dollars. But since there's currently one less home game on the schedule--assuming the IU game is replaced with another home game--it means I'm paying the same price for six games as I am this year for seven. If I'm right, that's a 17% increase in per-game ticket prices in 2024.

Looking back a few years, there was no increase in prices for 2023. However, my 2022 per-ticket price in the AE Club was 31% higher than 2021. Over the three years 2021-2024, that works out to a 53% overall increase and a 15% annualized increase. Has anyone else seen that level of increase?

In dollar terms, I was paying $65 in 2021 for a ticket that I will be charged $99.17 in 2024. For the better games on the schedule, that's not a big problem. Next year's schedule as I understand includes Syracuse, Austin Peay, and the IU replacement game, most likely a directional school paid to play here without a return game.

This is for sure an outgrowth of inflation and our financial situation. But as far as inflation, these increases significantly overstate the ULAA budget increases the last three fiscal years: 30% total and 9% annualized. (Note that the 2024 football season will fall under FY2025 for which we obviously have no budget yet.)

As badly as I want to see a game like Saturday's in person, U of L's financial situation will not be something that I carry on my back along with other ticket paying fans. An empty seat doesn't bring in much revenue.

Before making decisions/conclusions, I want to make sure what other people are seeing on their invoices...thanks in advance.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT