Usher cf
Metz 3b
Masterman lf
Rushing dh
Humphries rf
Beard 2b
Peyton c
Bianco 1b

I think Humphries and Benson are battling for that rf spot. Could be either one. Hawkins is more of a center fielder. Bianco gets the nod at 1st and Logan Beard at 2nd.
Could see something different with Rushing catching instead. Maybe Wescott,Peyton or Cook dhing.

Go Cards!

FL5TZVcUUAAtc8j

Reactions: Bardman and earsky
Had forgotten that Hawks was out last year. Always get him and Webster confused.

Tate left in a bit too long (seems to the only complaint over the years with CDM). Cards need to put the 49ers down this inning and get the bats going! I was a Hawks fan and had hoped for great things from him last year but, of course, he was hurt.

Pitching and defense not helping the offense. I’d love to see our pitchers on a much shorter leash here early in the season and have someone ready to go much earlier. Some defensive miscues have not helped Tate or Hawks.

Hoping the arms progress as the year goes on, the offense started right back where it left off.

Control issues still lingering. There's help on the way. Hope to see a few tomorrow.

First game of course LOL. Of course, that’s why you’d think you’d have guys ready to sooner than later 😕

I don't either one threw a lot of pitches.
Man I'm thrilled to hang on to this one. I don't think we win this game last year. Those early season losses last season cost us late.

Look for some tweeking as we go thru the first third of the schedule. Beard might not be a better infielder than Noah Smith,but he is holy heck swinging the stick.
He reminds me of an unpolished Nick Solak. We might not always see him at 2nd base,but probably will see him hitting when he's not.
I saw Humphries arm in person a couple of weeks ago. He's gonna get his share of assists on guys trying to stretch from 2nd to home or 1st to 3rd.

I don't either one threw a lot of pitches.
Man I'm thrilled to hang on to this one. I don't think we win this game last year. Those early season losses last season cost us late.
Prosecky threw 34 and those are considered high stress pitches. We will see if Dan decides to bring him back. It will say a lot about our pitching this year.

Prosecky was a mid week guy last season. Gotta believe we're gonna see him more than once in a weekend series.
You're right,we shall see.
Let's go get this one today!
Go Cards!

Used to be,you just saw a few teams here and there trying to slow down the pitchers. Pretty common sight nowdays,but the card reading between pitches goes a little overboard for me.
Borderline poor sportsmanship imo.

Get some sleep boys and bounce back in the morning 🌄
Coffee ☕ and baseball ⚾

Reactions: Deeva
These two are kinda reminding me of last year. Hope that’s just coincidence…

Poland was cruising till the mishaps. It definitely looked like it affected him. I hope he can learn from it.
Defensively,I don't know. That was definitely not a defense running on all cylinders.

If I recall…it was, as Zipp mentioned, these types of issues which broke our pitchers’ backs last year. Poland did not get the necessary defensive support. These pitchers must need their teammates to make plays for them - plain and simple.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT