ADVERTISEMENT

Observations

Oct 9, 2001
The difference was in the lines, both offensive and defensive. Theirs opened holes between the tackles and ours didn't.
Straight up, theirs was superior. Only because we did have some speed around the corners and with a lot of mis-direction. And Chizek should run more. Poor play calling on his part. And the phenomenal speed of Jackson.
Some Auburn fans sitting near us, told me their QB was a potential Heisman. Some good passes, but very poor decision making.
Of course, take away the first play and the fumble return, things might have been different, but that's football.
Overall not bad, and encouraged with the comeback.
One other thing and this will sound like sour grapes, but a couple of times it sure seemed some early contact on receivers.

GO CARDS!!!

The score was about what I was expecting but at least one big question was answered in the positive. We have a quarterback.

The difference was in the lines, both offensive and defensive. Theirs opened holes between the tackles and ours didn't.
Straight up, theirs was superior. Only because we did have some speed around the corners and with a lot of mis-direction. And Chizek should run more. Poor play calling on his part. And the phenomenal speed of Jackson.
Some Auburn fans sitting near us, told me their QB was a potential Heisman. Some good passes, but very poor decision making.
Of course, take away the first play and the fumble return, things might have been different, but that's football.
Overall not bad, and encouraged with the comeback.
One other thing and this will sound like sour grapes, but a couple of times it sure seemed some early contact on receivers.

GO CARDS!!!

Gene Chizik is long gone. Try Gus Malzahn.

Reactions: American Male
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT