ADVERTISEMENT

Talent

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
There is talent on this current team. It's not phenomenal talent but it is there. Even if some argue against that, as well as lack of upperclassmen, that's still Payne's fault anyway. He assembled this team. No NCAA black cloud.

BHH, Skyy, and White have already started for other teams so the argument that no one on this team would be a starter elsewhere has already been proven wrong. You could argue James could be a starter elsewhere too.

There is talent on this current team. It's not phenomenal talent but it is there. Even if some argue against that, as well as lack of upperclassmen, that's still Payne's fault anyway.

BHH and White have already started for other teams so the argument that no one on this team would be a starter elsewhere has already been proven wrong. You could argue James could be a starter elsewhere too.
The issue is coaching and guidance, talent is not the issue. These guys are basically out there on their own..

The issue is coaching and guidance, talent is not the issue. These guys are basically out there on their own..
Exactly. And even if one believes there is no talent on this team, the question then becomes- Why did Payne assemble one of the worst and least talented teams of all time?

That's still on him. Shows he can't properly evaluate talent or assemble a cohesive, complete team. No NCAA black cloud to blame. So arguing there is zero talent on the team only further shows ineptitude on Payne's part.

I will never pull against any UL team under any circumstance, and the kids on this men's bb roster deserve respect regardless of performance.

Actually, I do not blame Payne for accepting the position as Head Coach; I blame this University and its leadership for hiring him.

In the world of transfers and NIL coaching moves are extremely unpredictable. That doesn’t mean you don’t make the change.

There is talent it is just young. Next year and the following year could be really good. Add in the right pieces it could be great. Will they stick around with a new coach great?

That is the problem by all accounts the players love KP. The roster will likely flip again with KP gone. That is the reality. The roster can be flipped however it has to work. Remember most of the new hire coaches that have had instant success is the exception not the rule.

Ty-Laur the first player in UofL history to have 20 plus points, 11 assists, 6 rebs. Career high 27 tonight.

BHH career high 29 points tonight.

Reactions: CardFan
Exactly. And even if one believes there is no talent on this team, the question then becomes- Why did Payne assemble one of the worst and least talented teams of all time?

That's still on him. Shows he can't properly evaluate talent or assemble a cohesive, complete team. No NCAA black cloud to blame. So arguing there is zero talent on the team only further shows ineptitude on Payne's part.
So all the trouble Louisville been in just magically disappeared and forgotten. It's going to take time. You can see the improvement.

So all the trouble Louisville been in just magically disappeared and forgotten. It's going to take time. You can see the improvement.
I see a team that has not improved one iota defensively in two seasons. Allowing a run out after tying up the game is typically pathetic coaching. This "it takes time" is just BS by todays standards.

I see a team that has not improved one iota defensively in two seasons. Allowing a run out after tying up the game is typically pathetic coaching. This "it takes time" is just BS by todays standards.
i think they actually just got too excited that they made the previous shot. they're kids after all

Scary part is, there's more people out there with this mind set than most people realize.

All the trouble we've been has absolutely nothing to do with this team or how it's being coached.
People still praise Pitino, even though he's the reason why we are in this predicament. 2013-2023 Now KP can't receive 3yrs to turn a program around that Pitino brought shame and no respect to. Don't come back as Fans when things turn around.

Kp has no HS players signed for next year. Failed to get upper classman in the portal to lead the young players he did recruit. KP said he will not use NIL to sign players. That doesn't translate to building a winning program now that the players can get a piece of the pie. Seniors are not going to come here to lose, particularly if the money is not there. If these guys stick around and he can build off of them, we are a .500 team at worst, a perennial NIT team at best. And that will be after 4 or 5 years. You won't fill an outhouse let alone the YUM with that.

People still praise Pitino, even though he's the reason why we are in this predicament. 2013-2023 Now KP can't receive 3yrs to turn a program around that Pitino brought shame and no respect to. Don't come back as Fans when things turn around.
Problem is, KP couldn't turn the program around if we gave him a decade.. He doesn’t know how to coach.

This is Payne explaining a conversation with a top recruit...

The second question: 'How much money are you going to give me in NIL?' I'm absolutely not going tell you one dime that I'm going to give you. You will not come to this school for NIL. I'm not going to do it, and I have NIL money. The very next day, he went to another school."

People praise pitino (still) because he’s a top three of all time in CFB / HOF coach. As detailed in another thread, Payne has not only been terrible - he’s been historically terrible in every facet.

Even those of us who thought it was a risky hire based upon his complete lack of experience as a HC, wanted him to succeed. That he hasn’t is completely on him and no one else. Athletics is about what you earn - and the bottom line is - he hasn’t earned a third year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT