ADVERTISEMENT

Not bailing on CRP, but...

Surprised no one mentions Sean Miller at Arizona. When Cal leaves, he'd be in my top 5.
Not impressed with a guy with every Western recruiting advantage, plus recruiting licks back East no less - and who has never even sniffed a title. He couldn't carry Lute Olsen's jock.

Uofl getting self would never happen the best you guys could do would be Archie miller. Mr Marshall passed up a ton of money and a good gig last year to stay at state he isn't going any where so good luck with that one guys I hope you all get a good coach to keep the state strong in basketball

Long as he stays healthy, we have Rick for 5 years or more. No worries. It's actually perfect for us now, extraneous bullcrap aside,

Uofl getting self would never happen the best you guys could do would be Archie miller. Mr Marshall passed up a ton of money and a good gig last year to stay at state he isn't going any where so good luck with that one guys I hope you all get a good coach to keep the state strong in basketball

These clowns never cease to amaze.

Look at this one, describing the limitations the #7 All-Time Program will have when it's coaching search time!

Self is not in play, good job on pointing that one out Einstein.

"The best you guys could do" rhetoric has to be the most laughable phrase I've seen on here in the last, oh... 24 hours. Some of the worst fly by in the night posters hang out here, it's the strangest thing.

Moron. We offer top salary and we are a top 7 job historically. We've had two coaches in the last 40 years and both are in the HOF. If we end up going with Archie Miller then that means that's who TJ really wants.

"Best you guys can do"

What is sad to me, is your post is the best you can do.

1. No recruit cares that you have 1 more title in 35 years.

2. No major recruit cares

3. Kansas still gets more exposure in Big 12 than UL does

4. Got me on that one, The Yum is a pretty damn good arena. Beautiful!!

5. More supportive fan base than KU? I don't think so.

That's 1 of 5 for your reason. I'm not saying UL is not a great place to play because I think it will be again, I don't think it's very attractive to recruits right now and I don't think Pitino has much credibility with recruits and parents. With that said, UL is an elite program and will bounce back if they make a good hire after Pitino.
I was talking about attractiveness to coaches not recruits. Try again sUcKs fan.

Reactions: shadow force
Ul is not getting Bill Self not gonna happen. You could get maybe Shaka or Richard Pitino level but not Self, Donovan, or Marshall.

Louisville can get whoever they want. It's a top program with state of the art facilities and an administration committed to success. The only reasons a top their coach wouldn't jump at the Louisville job is if they see their name on the court in the future at their current school or they don't want to make a lateral move from one top program to another. Anyone who thinks Louisville can't land the best isn't thinking it through.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Ul is not getting Bill Self not gonna happen. You could get maybe Shaka or Richard Pitino level but not Self, Donovan, or Marshall.
Umm right, because we "couldn't never git coach Piteener" either. Quoting another poster here but - UofL has had 2 coaches in the last 40 years - both in the HOF.

You yuts have had two coaches in the AA hall of fame just in 2/3s that time. One thing Jurich has proven time after time - he'll get who he wants when it comes to coaches. All the while Barnfart... well, you know.

I hear Donovan's wife is talking real estate in Lexington. It's gonna happen!

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT