ADVERTISEMENT

New uniforms?

ColonelCard17

New Poster, Show Me Love
Mar 9, 2013
On Adidas football twitter page they have been teasing pictures of UofL about 6/25 and a new release. Are we expecting a uniform overhaul for this season?
Sorry can't figure out how to link the pictures from twitter, it's on adidas football us.

On Adidas football twitter page they have been teasing pictures of UofL about 6/25 and a new release. Are we expecting a uniform overhaul for this season?
Sorry can't figure out how to link the pictures from twitter, it's on adidas football us.
Just win baby!

Reactions: SoulSr
I'm guessing yes! Adidas has stated that they want us to be what Oregon
is to Nike as far as making a new product statement and the leader in
cutting edge looks and technology.

Major Fail! Adidas really sucks with uniform design. Let's just throw a bunch of crap on the board and let's see what might stick.

I was predicting feathers, like Oregon. ...Works for me.

If the players & recruits like them, then great. Otehrwise, I can't get myself to care about uniform look all that much. I like a black uniform for a blackout homegame, but otherwise, whatever, cool, it's a uniform.

I will NOT be buying anything with this new look bird logo what so ever. Sorry Adidas but you failed, and if this is what we are to suspect from you I personally can not wait in five years so we can dump you. This is a joke of a design of the Cardinal Head, and if we would dump them I would personally like to see up to UA instead of what everyone would like to see us going to Nike. Not a fan at all to this new design, but hopefully this is only for a game or two at best.

train_wreck.jpg

These were your best look:
hi-res-154065344_crop_north.jpg

If you don't like these, Rutgers would be more than happy to take them off your hands...

adidas, for those hoping, ain't going anywhere as far as U of L is concerned. We're not dropping adidas, taking less money and less attention from someone else, because fans don't like the unis.

These guys are paying us more than anyone else would and making us one of their featured teams. That's 95% of what Jurich cares about. My recommendation is learn to like the unis or ignore them. I have my mind right...

adidas, for those hoping, ain't going anywhere as far as U of L is concerned. We're not dropping adidas, taking less money and less attention from someone else, because fans don't like the unis.

These guys are paying us more than anyone else would and making us one of their featured teams. That's 95% of what Jurich cares about. My recommendation is learn to like the unis or ignore them. I have my mind right...

Sorry Dad, but even with your pep talk, we still hate the unis.

I am sure there are worse looking uniforms around the country. Can't think of one. But, clearly UofL has eyes on joining the MAC soon. That is the only conference in which these would make sense. Every time I think UofL athletics cannot disgrace us more, they prove me wrong.

I am sure there are worse looking uniforms around the country. Can't think of one. But, clearly UofL has eyes on joining the MAC soon. That is the only conference in which these would make sense. Every time I think UofL athletics cannot disgrace us more, they prove me wrong.
Tom Jurich has only made two mistakes during his reign here: 1) Coach SK and 2) Adidas. He can still rectify the seond mistake !

Strange how when any poster disagrees with something UofL does that is a done deal and that Zipp likes it's "Whining." When Zipp disagrees, over and over and over for years on end, with something UofL has done that is a done deal (the Yum Center) it's brilliant discourse rather than "pi$$ing up a rope."

I actually like almost all of what adidas has done for Louisville. I think Louisville's business relationship with adidas has been good for both entities. I even liked the orange basketball uniforms. But, in my singular humble opinion, these uniforms suck.

I'll be in Atlanta cheering like an idiot when the Cards whip up on another SEZ team. Doesn't mean I have to like these unis though.

Last edited:
Reactions: WKCard and Mayoman
I'm in a small Minority I guess. I love those uniforms. The bird on the Gloves and Helmet are scary as __________! Yes our bird has teeth but this bird has it's beak closed. It may have razor sharp teeth once it opens it's beak for all that We know. It's left up to your imagination and gives a very intimidating impression. I would love to actually see that for a Special Helmet made around Halloween. Have the bird's beak open and blood dripping off of razor sharp teeth. Truly scary stuff.

This bird represents our State Bird nicely. I get many in my backyard daily and they look more like this bird. The feathers on the Jersey are just like Oregon's which is expected when you are a bird school. The bird on the cleats is hit with motion blur due to the speed of our Players and how fast they will be running on the field. The bird will look like it's flying if you can zoom up close.

These Uniforms are oozing with Swag, and Nike would have created something much similar if We were their test dummies like Oregon.

I know a lot of fans believe in traditional uniforms, but most players want to stick out from plain jane style. The recruits are going to eat these up. Let them grow on you.

P.S. - I never have liked Adidas. I have always wanted us to switch to Nike ever since I was young. They have gained some respect from me today for going against their usual designs and letting their creative juices flow. Outstanding job. You Have My Attention Adidas.

Last edited:
Reactions: beasleythecard
Strange how when any poster disagrees with something UofL does that is a done deal and that Zipp likes it's "Whining." When Zipp disagrees, over and over and over for years on end, with something UofL has done that is a done deal (the Yum Center) it's brilliant discourse rather than "pi$$ing up a rope."...
Thanks for bringing the arena up, Fred. Football unis may evolve into my 2nd favorite U of L topic...

BUILDING the arena is a different issue than FINANCING the arena. The first is over; the second plays out over three decades. It's already been conclusively proven that the financing was a massive deception. Almost none of what we were told has played out. Those are all facts. And because three decades are a long time, most of what I talk about is FORWARD looking. Not to mention that Jurich agrees with my POV. Ask him about arena financials as I have. Right after he claims there are no financial problems--of course, he's smarter than that--he starts talking about a new arena on Floyd St. Privately, he has very little commitment to 2nd & Main.

On the flipside, the adidas athletic contract is Jurich's baby. IIRC, it runs for four more years, and both sides are apparently happy with the financials. There won't be any hand-wringing about how much money U of L receives or who's paying it. Liking or not liking a specific set of unis is OPINION based. I've read opinions both ways about these football unis for a couple days. Opinions are not facts. Do I like every element of our unis that adidas designs? No. But who cares what I think? I don't wear them, they're temporary, and other players and kids might like them. I can see where they would like them whether or not I agree. It looks like adidas is living up to their terms of the apparel contract. The unis are avant-garde, they're changing and changing frequently, and Jurich wanted that.

It's ridiculous how much emotion, even anger, that these unis inspire. Instead of being PO'd about how many millions have been stolen from Louisvillians to build an NBA arena that can't pay for itself, some of you guys would rather b!tch about a football uniform. You're clueless as to what's really important to U of L and this community. And excuse me for pointing that out.

Jim Host Those-New-Football-Unis-Suck Arena

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of those gray unis either, although a lot of people liked them. That's the point, there is no perfect uniform design. If that's your expectation, I guarantee you will be disappointed...

Zipp I couldn't agree more that the arena financing is more important than a uniform the Cards might wear a few times. For the most part I actually agree with you on the arena financing issue. However, the uniform was unveiled yesterday. This is the only thread on this board concerning that uniform. There are currently 27 posts on that thread (8 from one prolific poster). Several of us pointed out we don't like the uniform. A few others noted that they don't like the UofL products produced by adidas and wished the Cards were affiliated with another shoe company. How exactly is that an unwarranted excess of "emotion and anger?" This is an internet message board. People express opinions on internet message boards. I don't call you a "whiner" for expressing your opinion multiple times about the arena financing. Don't call me one for a post about a really ugly uniform.

Fred, I think many people here who like the unis are simply avoiding a fight. I haven't been keeping score, but pretty much all of the guys who run this sight or work for Rivals have weighed in positively. One guy earlier in this thread (4Ever) said somewhat sheepishly that he likes them on balance. Why does he have to be sheepish?

On the flipside, the new uni haters are really spewing it... A few have saw fit to poll their family and friends. One guy called signing with adidas the 2nd worst decision Jurich has ever made. Others have questioned the validity of info saying that the players like them. I'm sorry if I think that outpouring of negative emotion is WAY over the top. And you know my style: I'm seldom sheepish about saying anything.

Glad that you and I can agree on the relative importance of at least a couple of U of L issues, even if we're not on the same side in each one...

Last edited:

Maryland comes to mind!!!

But these uniforms for us...

SUCK!!!

:confused:

I like the uniform except the bird on the helmet, keep the regular logo or go old school logo, hell make it oversized if they want different.
on a side note, I loved the gray uniform last year. Liked it best of any uni last year.

I actually like the uniforms and really the Cardinal has changed over the years-(Birds don't have Teeth)...it part of the process of becoming a National Program-(and Adidas is paying UofL $8 Million a year basically)...the only change I would do is the Cardinal that is on the new T-Shirt be on the Helmet...Will Gardiner take on the New Unis:

Definitely like seeing the actual uni. Thanks for posting , PE...

I actually like the uniforms and really the Cardinal has changed over the years-(Birds don't have Teeth)...it part of the process of becoming a National Program-(and Adidas is paying UofL $8 Million a year basically)...the only change I would do is the Cardinal that is on the new T-Shirt be on the Helmet...Will Gardiner take on the New Unis:

Will Gardiner read a script.

Maryland comes to mind!!!

But these uniforms for us...

SUCK!!!

:confused:

The actual uniform are fine just like the Cardinal on the undergarment better than the one on the helmet.

But the players like them apparently and if they feel they look good you play good.

BTW....The Maryland Alternates are pretty bad

IF we win the ACC with these unis, they will be my favorite of all time...much like the orange BBall unis that won us a nice trophy...they may be so ugly that they're awesome...I will now withhold judgment...if we lose, we'll have a nice target for our disdain, and likely a different look next season.

IF we win the ACC with these unis, they will be my favorite of all time...much like the orange BBall unis that won us a nice trophy...they may be so ugly that they're awesome...I will now withhold judgment...if we lose, we'll have a nice target for our disdain, and likely a different look next season.

My understanding is that this is an "alternate" uniform and the Cards are only currently scheduled to wear it against Auburn. Beat Auburn in it and I'll take back everything I've said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT