ADVERTISEMENT

ND game is sold out

We will soon see what sellout of Cardinal Stadium means. I hope it means 60,800 or more reported attendance.

Reactions: Mayoman
There is A LOT of ND fans coming.

I live south of Indy, right off 65, & for me it’s about an hour & 15 straight down to Louisville, and 3 hours and multiple highways to South Bend, so it’s much easier to get to Louisville.

My kids start fall this weekend, & we are headed to Gatlinburg, so we are coming down for the game Saturday night, then heading to Gatlinburg while they sleep in the car afterwards.

According to the Indy ND association there are over a thousand ND fans from Indy alone coming down.
ND expects 10-15k at least at the game.

I would bet there were close to that many at Duke last Saturday night.
A ND fan put out a picture of Duke’s stadium of the crowd & there was a shockingly large number of ND fans there. For the location and size, it was weird that 15k+ ND fans were there.
About 5 years ago ND got South Bend airport to start a daily direct flight to Charlotte to increase the ability for families in the Carolinas to travel back & forth. It saved families 10-12 hours and thousands of dollars a weekend to travel to ND games in South Bend & the Carolinas.
This really increased ND’s ability to recruit the Carolinas (more families able to travel to South Bend) & increase the number of ND fans in the Carolina’s. There is a lot of growing talent in the Carolinas not being recruited by anyone outside of Clemson, so ND is trying to step in.
There were even half a dozen ND commits & recruits at the Duke game on their own dime because it was in the area.
I saw today there are 4-5 recruits coming to Louisville for the game too.
It’s a night game, within driving distance. So they play Friday, drive over on Saturday, go to the game at night, drive home Sunday.

I watched the Duke game and there was a lot of Notre Dame fans at that game. When ND secured the victory the fans were so loud they sounded louder than the Duke fans. Well my son, my wife and I will all be at the game Saturday cheering on the Cards.

Speaking of Sam, why has the media been so silent about his third quarter debacle against us? They talk about him like he is the second coming of Joe Montana, but we all saw him self destruct last year.
At WF he averaged about 40 throws a game & his defense gave up near 30 ppg.
So he lost a lot of 45-42 type of games, & turned the ball over a lot because his OL was horrible, and he was always throwing.
At ND, so far, he has 0 interceptions & only 1 fumble. He has accounted for 15 TDs.
His completion percentage is higher, his yards per attempt are higher, his passer rates is higher & his QBR is higher than any year at WF.
ND isn’t asking him to throw 40 times, more around 25.
He is like 17-24, 250 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs average this year. Which is what ND wants with their Defense & running game.
So Hartman isn’t turning it over this year.

Reactions: rh62531
Was hearing some chitter chatter yesterday that Wagner leasing his parking lot for ND tailgaters Saturday for big bucks.
If true,should be quite the day around Central.

Was hearing some chitter chatter yesterday that Wagner leasing his parking lot for ND tailgaters Saturday for big bucks.
If true,should be quite the day around Central.
Should be a fun day.
ND fans & Louisville fans should get along fine. Probably sharing a lot of food & beer drinking.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT