ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA has responded to U of L

Same way I felt at the end of the Crum era. NCAA issue not talent or play. We're still at a very high level. I bet if he gets suspended it will be for only a few games due in part to what we offered in a preemptive measure last year. This will lesson the suspension given by the almighty NCAA. Meanwhile UNC keeps denying and moving along unscathed.

Same way I felt at the end of the Crum era. NCAA issue not talent or play. We're still at a very high level. I bet if he gets suspended it will be for only a few games due in part to what we offered in a preemptive measure last year. This will lesson the suspension given by the almighty NCAA. Meanwhile UNC keeps denying and moving along unscathed.
Man rule #1 never admit to guilt! Do you know her ? NOPE!! She said y'all sleeping together she a DAM lie!!!

Reactions: zipp and coolioo1
I think we might come to a point where we find out how "L1C4" Pitino is. Really the remaining issues revolve around Pitino and his (lack of) oversight of his staff and the recruiting visits. I'm guessing he could accept a suspension and this stuff will finally be put to bed. However I think Pitino wants to preserve his legacy though so he may not go down without a fight. If that happens it might mean this stuff drags on further than necessary.

Reactions: zipp
I think we might come to a point where we find out how "L1C4" Pitino is. Really the remaining issues revolve around Pitino and his (lack of) oversight of his staff and the recruiting visits. I'm guessing he could accept a suspension and this stuff will finally be put to bed. However I think Pitino wants to preserve his legacy though so he may not go down without a fight. .................................................................................................................................. If that happens it might mean this stuff drags on further than necessary.

How may that affect pending decisions from Mitchel and Deng??
Seems you would hope for a quick FINAL decision.

How may that affect pending decisions from Mitchel and Deng??
Seems you would hope for a quick FINAL decision.
This ain't LPT. We had a 5-star kid commit here when NOTHING was known about how this would shake out. That's what the "L1C4" thingy means.

"Elite program," my a$$...

I think we might come to a point where we find out how "L1C4" Pitino is. Really the remaining issues revolve around Pitino and his (lack of) oversight of his staff and the recruiting visits. I'm guessing he could accept a suspension and this stuff will finally be put to bed. However I think Pitino wants to preserve his legacy though so he may not go down without a fight. If that happens it might mean this stuff drags on further than necessary.
This is pretty close to spot on IMO...

This is pretty close to spot on IMO...
Rick admitted that this NCAA stuff has taken a toll on him. I expect he will accept whatever punishment that is bestowed on him without a fight now. His legacy is already cemented with a asterisk or two. Rick is not going to allow this NCAA stuff to linger on anymore than it has. Other than probation and maybe a scholly and 4/5games suspension at most

I hope they fight it tooth and nail to the Supreme Court. That's what they should have done from the beginning based on the flimsy evidence and purported "benefits."

U of L's learned a valuable lesson (again)... Don't trust a bastard you can't trust.
I don't think you want this anywhere near a court room. One of UL's saving graces this whole time has been that McGee's refusal to talk. That could change real quick if the court is involved.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Because despite how much it pains slapd!cks, U of L and the NCAA agree on everything else including the self imposed penalties. The only thing left is Pitino and a possible suspension which I ain't convinced is happening at all.

Slappies need to focus on winning games at a point in the tournament where they usually have problems.

The NCAA hasn't levied any punishment yet. You have no way of knowing what they will do. The NCAA is a lot of things, predictable Isn't one of them.

all the super slappie focus in the world won't amount to a hill of beans. The fans won't get no clock! This is a hot news item.

The NCAA hasn't levied any punishment yet. You have no way of knowing what they will do. The NCAA is a lot of things, predictable Isn't one of them...
Well, bring all the slappies back when that happens, and we'll debate what could have been. I promise to be nice.

Go Bruins!

I don't think you want this anywhere near a court room. One of UL's saving graces this whole time has been that McGee's refusal to talk. That could change real quick if the court is involved.
Unless it was a criminal matter--NCAA stuff isn't--and the State gave McGee immunity from prosecution, he'll plead the Fifth and never have to say a word even if he's subpoenaed.

But he's already said the important stuff anyway...he acted alone.

Sucks for ya.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeva
Nothing changed from the original allegations. The NCAA didn't change their position which is no surprise. Did anyone think the NCAA was going to say their wrong? Pitino gets a number of game suspensions after a legal dance this summer. The ban and loss of scholarship will be it for the university. So no the university didn't jump the gun because we were going to get hit. UL was doing nothing more than trying to clear Pitino name. How the NCAA handles this from here on out will determine how other universities respond in the future. They slam UL as a school with more than we've already done the NCAA will get fights in the future like UNC is putting up. This thing has hung over our heads for nearly 2 years I would hate for it to go on for two or three more years. That's not to say they won't punish Pitino.
It is time for Pitino to get his punishment. Even though he denies knowing of what went on..........He is the HEAD COACH. A 10 game suspension would be the thing for him to get. Anything else....then the NCAA is trying to set a statement to other schools.

Reactions: Kentucky31
My issue is and I haven't seen it discussed is the timing of the NCAA's decision. This came out what Thursday when the Cards and CRP are trying to prepare for a basketball game. I'm sure the players at least heard of it by Saturday or Sunday. Who knows maybe Q, who is a senior and probably has more at stake than most was thinking ahead to next year?

Rick admitted that this NCAA stuff has taken a toll on him. I expect he will accept whatever punishment that is bestowed on him without a fight now. His legacy is already cemented with a asterisk or two. Rick is not going to allow this NCAA stuff to linger on anymore than it has. Other than probation and maybe a scholly and 4/5games suspension at most

4-5 games? Gonna be much more than that.

It is time for Pitino to get his punishment. Even though he denies knowing of what went on..........He is the HEAD COACH. A 10 game suspension would be the thing for him to get. Anything else....then the NCAA is trying to set a statement to other schools.
Pitino deserves the RIGHT punishment, for what he actually did wrong. Not this clueless crap you hear from the NCAA...

I don't want a $3,000-per-hour employee (Pitino) following around lightweights like McGee. That wouldn't catch anything anyway. The ho and her girls stopped by Minardi once every other month. Players who lived there are on record as not knowing what went on.

What Pitino needs is more scrutiny over his hires. Not because he's done badly with them, but because that was his true mistake with McGee. The goofball was an adolescent in a responsible job, and Pitino was evidently oblivious to that.

I don't know who involves himself with that more than Jurich. He can't turn a blind eye to anything he sees questionable with one of Pitino's coaches, anymore than he can if someone reports a blonde leaving the football complex in a car with Petrino. And if Jurich is too preoccupied to do that himself--he should be--Jurich needs a lieutenant who can get that job done.

The NCAA takes positions out of necessity like a coach is responsible for everything. That's simply impossible and the wrong focus if you follow it literally...

I love all the UK fans insight to a UofL situation...maybe I'll go over to Catp!ss and let my opinions be known...oh wait, I don't care!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I love all the UK fans insight to a UofL situation...maybe I'll go over to Catp!ss and let my opinions be known...oh wait, I don't care!

The Coach is responsible no matter what, rule is in regards to you know who.......

Thats right. Captain oblivious BKA velcro final four banners Caliperi himself.
He walked away scot free from not one, but two schools who had their final four banners removed. He pled ignorance to the situations and the NCAA bought it.

They then subsequently changed the rule with Boeheim getting busted.

The irony............

The Coach is responsible no matter what, rule is in regards to you know who.......

He walked away scot free from not one, but two schools who had their final four banners removed. He pled ignorance to the situations and the NCAA bought it.

The irony............

Pitino may pay a price for the Calipari rule.....cue Alanis Morissette

The irony............
It was a player taking money from an agent and a faulty test score before the kid got to the university that employed him. Im anxious to hear what you think he should have done different in either situation?

Reactions: Dencru
Pitino deserves the RIGHT punishment, for what he actually did wrong. Not this clueless crap you hear from the NCAA...

I don't want a $3,000-per-hour employee (Pitino) following around lightweights like McGee. That wouldn't catch anything anyway. The ho and her girls stopped by Minardi once every other month. Players who lived there are on record as not knowing what went on.

What Pitino needs is more scrutiny over his hires. Not because he's done badly with them, but because that was his true mistake with McGee. The goofball was an adolescent in a responsible job, and Pitino was evidently oblivious to that.

I don't know who involves himself with that more than Jurich. He can't turn a blind eye to anything he sees questionable with one of Pitino's coaches, anymore than he can if someone reports a blonde leaving the football complex in a car with Petrino. And if Jurich is too preoccupied to do that himself--he should be--Jurich needs a lieutenant who can get that job done.

The NCAA takes positions out of necessity like a coach is responsible for everything. That's simply impossible and the wrong focus if you follow it literally...
What is the appropriate punishment?

All of Pitino's staffing decisions become subject to whatever additional review Jurich wants initially and on an ongoing basis. That's more corrective action than punishment. But beyond that, nothing specifically with Pitino.

The entire department should have seen what was obvious with McGee IMO. (I could see it.) And U of L's sanctions have been rendered.

All of Pitino's staffing decisions become subject to whatever additional review Jurich wants initially and on an ongoing basis. That's more corrective action than punishment. But beyond that, nothing specifically with Pitino.

The entire department should have seen what was obvious with McGee IMO. (I could see it.) And U of L's sanctions have been rendered.

Interesting

Don't know if this argument was presented or discussed but one of the things CRP gets credit for is developing asst coaches to head coaches. So I would think he was a good judge of people, the guy I will not name fooled everyone not just Rick. His overall record should be judged by the success of his former coaches not by one bad apple.

True, true. Just gotta wonder how much the 'Year of the Cardinal' clouded the vision of those folks who should have noticed or saw the unfolding of these nefarious events....and how much it was occurring (or not). Hind sight is always 20/20.

Well i'm sure Tom could've used this boards esteemed resident poster on his knowledge of foreseeing said events. This would be a mute subject. People truly are amazing LO

Unless you're blind...

McGee%20Composite-reduced_zpsidp1dbiw.jpg

And imagine the stuff we never saw because we don't have access to dorms, practices, etc. You just have to be willing to say "can we talk about something?..."

Is Kenny Klein picking these guys up, mugging, and living in their dorms to keep an eye on them? Let me know...

Is Kenny Klein picking these guys up, mugging, and living in their dorms to keep an eye on them? Let me know...
You a pure trip dude you went and took images of a coach celebrating lol. Anyways good try your the man this your world. peace

You a pure trip dude you went and took images of a coach celebrating lol. Anyways good try your the man this your world. peace
I love trotting those three pics out because they make my point perfectly. Wish I could locate the one with McGee mugging with the trophy and IIRC his freaking suit on and a ball cap on backwards. Like a 12-year old.

If you can find ANY other U of L coach in similar asinine poses, please link them. Not Kenny Klein standing in line as they cut down the nets. I'm sure Pitino's in line with them singing the national anthem too.

:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT