ADVERTISEMENT

Morehead St

I know I know it's Morehead St. but I wouldn't sleep on this game today. The Eagles picked preseason 2nd in the OVC,return 4 position players that are preseason All OVC selections.

I think they'll try to out slug us and I half expect a high scoring game. Hopefully,Ligget has good stuff today. See you guys at the park. 3pm first pitch

Go Cards!!

Moore with 5 rbis
Cards up 8-2 in the 3rd.

I like the way these young guys go about their business. As I type JT blasts a 3 run shot against the wind.
11-2

Riley exhibits the same behavior as other ‘seasoned’ pitchers we have. Hit up the middle (ok, not a big deal) but then he balks and then he throws a wild pitch. He uas come back with back-to-back SOs. But, these guys can’t compound anhit with a mental error and then a walk, etc. Must have short memories.

I left work around 3:30, caught innings 3-7. The Cards looked sharp. They are dialed in at the plate. Morehead has some players. They got overwhelmed early and often.

Reactions: earsky
I really enjoy going over when there are guys having fun playing the game. I think it's rubbing off from these Freshmen and Sophomores to the vets too.
I also love going over and watching some of these guys hit-pure joy watching guys use the whole field.

Reactions: Bardman and CardX
I left work around 3:30, caught innings 3-7. The Cards looked sharp. They are dialed in at the plate. Morehead has some players. They got overwhelmed early and often.
Sure did. You know good and well this one was circled on their calendar

I really enjoy going over when there are guys having fun playing the game. I think it's rubbing off from these Freshmen and Sophomores to the vets too.
I also love going over and watching some of these guys hit-pure joy watching guys use the whole field.
Spreading the ball all around the field is exactly what they need to be doing. Go with the pitch and drive it. McCoy’s opposite field HR the other day is a perfect example. There is a decent amount of power; but, this team’s success is going to be singles and doubles. Do that well and you score a lot of runs.

Reactions: earsky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT