ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Draft

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
I didn't know until just recently that the draft was going to stay at 20 rounds permanently instead of returning to the standard 40 rounds pre Covid.
Collective bargaining in the MLB has made this change permanent.
Tbs,I was wondering if any of our Seniors would have any eligibility left if they weren't selected.
The reason I ask is I noticed several teams we played against listed some of their players as Graduate as opposed to listing a class. I'm assuming those are Seniors that came back and took that extra year because of Covid.

It's finally here. I can remember a few years back,lamenting the timing of the draft which seemed to fall right in the middle of post season play. Not anymore. We'll have a better idea in a few days or so just who might be on campus for Fall Ball.

Makes me anxious- even though it shouldn’t.
Right? Yeah,I mean the college landscape has not been the same since the draft was reduced to 20 rounds.
Coaches everywhere having to change up what used to be second nature. My radar is up like never before,as it pertains to this program over here at 3rd and Central.

A little off topic. But the parallels between McDonnell and Calipari are getting eery.

Wow. Current pick at 15 (Padres) and Collier hasn’t been picked. I am sure he doesn’t get out of the first round but interesting he has dropped.

I have a question about guys that get drafted that don't sign contracts. Does that team reserve the rights to that player? Anybody know?

Collier to Cleveland at 18. The pitcher from Vandy, Kumar, didn’t sign a contract last year with the Mets (I believe) and sent back into the draft this year. He was picked 3d by Texas. Exit: Sorry - not Cleveland- Cincinnati Reds.

Last edited:
Reactions: earsky
I have a question about guys that get drafted that don't sign contracts. Does that team reserve the rights to that player? Anybody know?
No the teams get a compensation pick in a similar position in the next draft I believe. Rocker was drafted by the Mets last year and 3rd to the Rangers this year. Mets got a pick this year from that

Jacob Miller went 46 to the Marlins
Just saw that this morning. Damn. I know Earsky mentioned he was leaning towards school. But, if the pros thought he would not sign I don’t think he would have been drafted that high. I’ll be floored if he comes here now. This sucks as once again our top commits are not going to be here. I know that is how it works but it still sucks. Plus, there is still the chance others get drafted and don’t come either. ⚾️🌭🥧😡

I know Earsky mentioned he was leaning towards school.
Wasn't me,but I do remember somebody mentioning that he intended to honor his commitment. This should be interesting. Not sure what that pick would demand on signing money.

Reactions: Bardman
Just saw that this morning. Damn. I know Earsky mentioned he was leaning towards school. But, if the pros thought he would not sign I don’t think he would have been drafted that high. I’ll be floored if he comes here now. This sucks as once again our top commits are not going to be here. I know that is how it works but it still sucks. Plus, there is still the chance others get drafted and don’t come either. ⚾️🌭🥧😡
He was at the draft actually. Once they showed him on TV before the draft I figured it was probably over

• Sad
Wasn't me,but I do remember somebody mentioning that he intended to honor his commitment. This should be interesting. Not sure what that pick would demand on signing money.
I think slot value was $1.1M for #46. I would think he takes the $.

Really didn't forsee Rushing breaking out like he did. The man put in the work. Good for him.

Congrats to Poland and Prosecky. I think the signing bonuses for both right around a quarter million.

Dodgers take Card commit Logan Wagner second last pick of the 6th round.

Usher to Kansas City Royals in round 10 pick 295
You know,I think the version of the guy we saw at the end of this past season could really end up being a steal in the draft for the Royals. Levi came leaps and bounds from just earlier in the season to where he ended up. Just a totally different approach at the plate made him a more complete player.
He'll get his chance and like the others,I hope he shines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT