ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Draft (Thurs, Fri, Sat)

Aug 15, 2006
The MLB draft is this week and the cards will have some guys drafted. Below is a link to the top 500 prospects according to Baseball America.

Top 500

Recruit Tucker Neuhaus SS was taken 72nd overall to the Milwaukee Brewers

Day 1 is complete. A hand full of cardinals will be picked in day 2

Originally posted by baseballguy1588:
Recruit Tucker Neuhaus SS was taken 72nd overall to the Milwaukee Brewers

Day 1 is complete. A hand full of cardinals will be picked in day 2
I assume this means we won't be seeing this recruit, and he'll jump straight to pro ball?

I would think that the money, even "slot money" at the round/position that he was drafted, would be too great for a high school player to turn down. I would not expect him to enroll in college.

This post was edited on 6/7 12:12 PM by baseonballs

The "slot value" of the 76th pick in this year's draft is $771,000. It would not be uncommon for a team to give more to a high school player in this position in the draft. Last year's draft had more college seniors, with less leverage, to be drafted in rounds 7 - 10 and be paid under the slot value. Teams might try to save money in those 7-10 rounds and put it towards a high school player like this if they chose. Teams now are penalized if they go above their allotted money by MLB for rounds 1-10. I would also think the Brewers were confident that he would sign if taken in that position in the draft. A team does not like to waste a pick that high and not sign a player.

Assigned Pick Values for Top 10 Rounds

Dace Kime goes in the 3rd round to the Indians. Slotted money $692,000.

Jeff Thompson also goes in the 3rd round to the Tigers. Slotted money $549,000.

Good for these guys.

Now ... go out and no-hit Vandy please.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Pervis_Griffith:

Dace Kime goes in the 3rd round to the Indians. Slotted money $692,000.

Jeff Thompson also goes in the 3rd round to the Tigers. Slotted money $549,000.

Good for these guys.

Now ... go out and no-hit Vandy please.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

VERY surprised Kime before Thompson and before Green. Good for him though. Ty Young drafted by Tampa.

Coco, Engel, and Green still on the board. I would think all 3 would go within the next 5 rounds but we will see.

It will be interesting to see what happens and what decisions will be made.

If Engel comes back and hits for a higher average he will go higher in the draft. Obvious statement but he has a ton of tools but the bat and on-base percentage have been below average. Let's say he makes some changes mechanically or adjusts his approach comes out and hits around .300 next year where would he go in the draft?

Tucker signed with the Brewers.

Expect the rest of the class to report to campus in the fall. Some of the guys are already on campus and taking summer classes and working out for next season.

Tucker

shock.r191677.gif

Wish I knew why. Just don't get that one.

Any word on Coco and Ege?

Coco has signed.

All 7 players drafted have signed and so did our top recruit.

I will post the recruiting class here soon and will give some thoughts heading into fall ball.

The team lost a lot but if they play great defense next year they can have another great year. Yes we lost our weekend rotation but we still have quality arms to put in the rotation. Burdi, Funkhouser, Harrington could be the rotation...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT