ADVERTISEMENT

** Louisville vs. Ohio State Game Thread ***

Really feel for Vandy .... just got demolished by 4 seed Xavier. 15-1 final. Turn around tiem 55 minutes in elimination game ... Clearly, their heads and hearts aren't in it today At least so far.

Reactions: American Male
Glad to see we're the home team again. I can't remember how that is determined, but it is a nice advantage for sure.

McKay strikes the side in the 1st. Looked like his pre-Durham self.

With 2 outs a walk to Solak, McKay follows with a HR that hit the right field scoreboard.

Still in the bot 1st

Cards 2 OSU 0

McKay is painting his spots with a lil more velo than normal, 93-94. Pop out, bunt single,SO, fly out, on to bot 2nd with Rosenbaum starting things out.

2out double by Logan Taylor is wasted with a close ground out by Ray.

OSU pitcher doesn't have the most impressive stuff but he is mixing fastball and change up well.

Lil scare with a fly out to the warning track in dead center field, but MCKay gets his 6th SO to close the top of the 3rd.

Don't want to jinks it, so I'll only say McKay is pitching special so far.

Rain delays can play havoc with your pitching. Good to have a deep staff, with 4 quality starters for things like that.

ROSENBAUM GOES YARD!!! Nice ... as the rain starts falling ...

Pouring it on them now ... 9-0. Stealing bases left and right ... As the rain and wind pick up even more.

An offensive storm before the rain in the bottom of the 3rd;). With a walk to Will Smith to start things off then

Bottom of 3rd Inning - LOU
[ Batter: McKay; Pitcher: Havird; Outs: 0 ]
McKay singled through the right side, RBI (0-2 KK); Solak advanced to third; W. Smith scored.
[ Batter: Hairston; Pitcher: Havird; Outs: 0 ]
Hairston doubled to right center, RBI (0-1 F); McKay advanced to third; Solak scored.
[ Batter: Tiberi; Pitcher: Havird; Outs: 0 ]
Hairston advanced to third; McKay scored on a passed ball.
[ Batter: Tiberi; Pitcher: Havird; Outs: 0 ]
Tiberi doubled down the rf line, RBI (3-2 BFBFBF); Hairston scored.
[ Batter: Rosenbaum; Pitcher: Havird; Outs: 0 ]
Rosenbaum homered to left center, 2 RBI (1-2 BFF); Tiberi scored.
[ Batter: Ray; Pitcher: Woodby; Outs: 1 ]
Ray singled through the right side, RBI (3-2 BSBBS); Taylor scored.
[ Batter: W. Smith; Pitcher: Woodby; Outs: 1 ]
W. Smith singled up the middle, RBI (0-2 KK); Ray scored.
Inning Summary: 8 RUNS, 8 HITS, 0 ERRORS, 1 LOB

Love the organist playing "You are my Sunshine" when OSU dug out gets a warning from the ump for arguing b&s. Well played Al.

After having the bases loaded with 2 out but no hits in the top of the 4th, McKay gets a full count strike out to end the threat.

McKay today 8 SO, 1 H

Logan Taylor is helluva center fielder! I'm also rooting for Rosenbaum to get that average above .300. With his 2-3 today, he's pushed it up to .291.

Glad to see we're the home team again. I can't remember how that is determined, but it is a nice advantage for sure.

I believe it is based on the percentage of times you have been the home team in the regional. And since both UofL (100%) and Ohio State (100%) were tied, a coin flip was used to determine the home team.

Anybody else who knows for sure, please correct me if I am wrong.

In the first two games of the winners bracket, the #1 seed and the #2 seed get to be the home teams.

I believe it is based on the percentage of times you have been the home team in the regional. And since both UofL (100%) and Ohio State (100%) were tied, a coin flip was used to determine the home team.

Anybody else who knows for sure, please correct me if I am wrong.

In the first two games of the winners bracket, the #1 seed and the #2 seed get to be the home teams.

That sounds right. Which means will be visitors tomorrow.

Logan Taylor is helluva center fielder!
I'm not sure,but he's one of the better guys here I can remember to get to the ball and catch it.I think he's as fast as Ray.Really happy to watch this guy come along over the last 2 seasons as a more complete player.

Cards are crushing Ohio State with 16 hits and 14 runs before the rain delay. Can they keep it going after the delay?

Isn't there a 10-run rule in college baseball? I believe that unless Ohio State scores 5 runs in the by the middle of the 7th inning, we get the W.

Score and inning please? I am at a dance concert and would give my left nad to be watching the game instead.

Cards 14, Buckeyes 0. 2 outs in the bottom of the 6th. Ohio State has 3 more outs to score 5 runs to keep the game going.

I guess I misunderstood what the announcers were saying. Apparently, there is no 10 run rule in the NCAA tournament. So it is now 14-0, UofL batting in the bottom of the 7th.

OSU HR barely went over the shortest area of the park. Lou 14 OSU 2

Great play in the hole between 3rd and short by Hairston to get the final out. Cards could have beaten anybody in college baseball today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT