ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS KENTUCKY GAME THREAD- 3:45 CBS

For goodness sake, will we ever have bigs that challenge shots instead of phantom-try-not to get a foul attempts.

When your coach looks like a deer in headlights in big games, it doesn't instill a lot of confidence in the guys on the court.
His guys choked. He can't run out there and shoot free throws, can't defend the rim with vigor. These post players are not the McCray brothers. Some guys just don't have it.

Two things that cost us this game: 1) missed free throws 2) Mack not using his time outside properly. There was a couple times late in the game when Mack should have called a time out and set something up. The positive thing about this game is we played terrible and still almost won.

Two things that cost us this game: 1) missed free throws 2) Mack not using his time outside properly. There was a couple times late in the game when Mack should have called a time out and set something up. The positive thing about this game is we played terrible and still almost won.
I will agree with No. 1 but when Mack had timeouts, he called the pass back quick 3 by McMahon and the dumb lob pass by Sutton. I think Mack is more used to Nwora improvising and when that doesn’t happen, he’s not really that good drawing something else for somebody else. Either a 3 by McMahon or a forced entry pass into Enoch.

It looked like to me Gattio drew up the botched lob play. He was the one talking to the players in the huddle.

Wow ! - I tell you. Performances like this is why they will always think that they have a chance against us no matter how many projected NBA pre-draft players they may or may not have and regardless of the squad we may have at that given time. As poorly as we played all game we still had several opportunities to move the Guillotine into position and do them and we can't grab the rope. Unbelievable ! . I remember seeing a quick video segment during that Texas Tech game were Nwora said he likes Italian food. Well if he keeps playing like this in big game moments I see the Italian league in his future not the NBA so he will be able to get all the pasta he wants. Come on man Dang !

Reactions: earsky
I know Nwora is the star. But once he went off the floor we were taking it to them. When he came back on the floor Kentucky stopped the bleeding.

Enoch was doing what he wanted in the paint, but we went away from him.

I mean Kentucky gave us his game. We had all 3 of their bigs with 4 fouls late. We were about even in free throw attempts. Cal got a tech late. They missed that put back to win the game. They blew a 12 point 2nd half lead. We led most of OT.

It’s one game. We will be fine, but the long term issues is what I will focus on. We were not mentally tough. Calipari had a strategy to take Jordan out of the game, Mack didn’t adjust. Calipari honestly our coached Mack (vomits in my mouth). Our big let Nick Richards have a big game. Kimble had a great game, but Darius, Ryan, and Sam were again no-shows.

Our issue last year was we lacked mental toughness in big games. We should’ve won this game and we didn’t, plain and simple and again lacked the toughness to win the game. That’s how you lose early in March.

Mack’s next step in growth as a coach is closing out and 40 minute focus. Season is still young, we will be OK. But we have to get tougher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT