ADVERTISEMENT

Look Uk is a great team but

This is the worst UofL team I have seen in about 10 years. It amazes me that they are in the ACC( the best basketball conference) and only have 7 losses. If UofL was in the SEC this year, they would be in 2nd place. Not bad for a team that is terrible in so many ways.

GO CARDS!!!

Originally posted by Cue Card:
Originally posted by cards62878:
The credit they are getting but, pulling out close games and comebacks against bad SEC teams is a little much. Besides UK name one other big out of conference win for the SEC? They only have one other ranked team in the conference and that's Arkansas who lost to Clemson. So like I said great team but, the commentary on wow this team just answers the bell etc is a little over hyped.
There is no "but". UK has proven 30 straight games now that they have the best college basketball team in division 1. There are zero excuses for them. They have no room for error at all. They MUST win out to live up to what they've done to date or this season will be a failure UNLESS they lose before the NCAA tournament then win it all.

It wouldn't surprise me if Calipari throws a game in the SEC tourney just to get them refocused.

JMO.
I think Calipari goes 40-0 then leaves while he is on top. He even said as much years ago..... Then the year or two after UK will get hammered by the NCAA for infractions.

My prediction based on history.

Originally posted by SpotHogCard:
I think Calipari goes 40-0 then leaves while he is on top. He even said as much years ago..... Then the year or two after UK will get hammered by the NCAA for infractions.
It doesn't matter if UK goes 40-0 or not. Calipari isn't leaving Lexington. He loves being GOD to the BBN. They constantly feed his narcissistic ego building him up to GOD status. He IS GOD in HIS mind in HIS own heaven. The BBN tells him so.

He's not leaving Lexington until he retires from coaching.

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
Please Pitino stay at UL. That's just as important.
Mods? Isn't it about time to show this flame baiting troll the way out? It's pretty obvious by now that the agenda for this troll is to disrupt, highjack, and flame in every thread he/she posts in. Time to take out the trash and force this lowlife to make up another moniker IMO.

Originally posted by SpotHogCard:
It doesn't matter if UK goes 40-0 or not. Calipari isn't leaving Lexington. He loves being GOD to the BBN. They constantly feed his narcissistic ego building him up to GOD status. He IS GOD in HIS mind in HIS own heaven. The BBN tells him so.

He's not leaving Lexington until he retires from coaching.
Very valid points... but if he could go out on top, then say to Cleveland... he might have to consider it. He has NO REASON to leave, but egos are an interesting thing. Look at Pitino, he was on top of the basketball world at UK, chose to go to NBA again (can't blame him for all he was getting at Boston). Does he regret that decision, who knows. Would Cal regret it, probably in the long run.

What's most interesting to me, is Pitino (and maybe Donovan) is really the only one who can appreciate the situation... I would love to be a fly on the wall if Cal called Rick to ask his advice...

How am flame baiting? There's several posts staring their wis for Cal to leave UK. I understand why. I just want RP to reap it.

It doesn't matter if Pitino Lite stays at LPT or not... The P5 is about to change the freshman eligibility rule which will gut the OAD system and put his resume on every NBA GM's desk.

Then he won't have to be reminded when he wins his conference.

And the better LPT does this year, the more that probability increases. There's a slight rumble just east of here--listen for it.

"Elite program", my a$$...

I'm flattered you think the entire college world must altered to stop UK baseball. Come on dude, that'll never happen. Ever. You know it. Enjoy RP's twilight years.

I'm flattered you think the entire college world must altered to stop UK baseball. Come on dude, that'll never happen. Ever. You know it. Enjoy RP's twilight years.
Why would the entire college world have to alter anything to stop UK baseball?

If you're going to talk shit, at least read what you're about to post before posting it. It makes you appear to be less than witty when making such an obvious typo. Nobody gives two flips about UK baseball. Nobody.

We are enjoying RP's twilight years. Enjoy Calipari's ensuing sanctions. The only variable is time.

This post was edited on 3/5 1:13 PM by Cue Card

Originally posted by OneEarWonder:

Originally posted by earsky:
Just curious when and where you grew up here.You may not agree,but do you understand?
I can't say I ever fully grew up ;) ... but I was raised in the South End in the 80's, near Churchill Downs.

And I don't fully understand hatred of a sporting rival. Healthy respect, even resentmet, I understand... but not all the vitriol and hatred that gets spewed. That is by any fan base, not just UK & UL Fans. Maybe it's because I'm a lover not a fighter; maybe it's because I grew up in a blended family, maybe it's because I grew up in a "House Divided" with both UK and UL fans, or maybe because I am drawn the the bigger game itself.
And reading some of these vile filled posts,you really don't understand the hate,huh?I'm guessing you grew up a uk fan,the other side of what I had to endure in Shively(yeah 74 that Shively) in the 70's with the constant references to our black basketball players in a very derogatory manner.

That hate was instilled in me by uk fans,carried genetically to my son who hates them more than me.I can't see how,but it's true.Ihope the cats win them all but the last one.
wink.r191677.gif

My bad. Spellcheck kicked in. Chill dude. You got the picture.
So the program Spellcheck changed the word from basketball to baseball.

You're not very good at this after all, are you. The only picture I got was you're a bait flaming troll hanging out on a UofL message board acting like a dick. It's all good. People like you always get put in their place eventually. That's probably already happened once or twice and you're bitter about it. I understand.

And you're just a small guy on the keyboard with no real substance to state. It was stated that Cal will leave. I stated RP needs to stay. The reasons for both statements are obvious.

And you're just a small guy on the keyboard with no real substance to state. It was stated that Cal will leave. I stated RP needs to stay. The reasons for both statements are obvious.
Obvious to who? To you? Which coach won a national championship last without having 9 McDonald's all-Americans on the roster?

Go back to sucking off your flesh peddling doche nozzle of a coach. His nut sack misses you.

Short memory.We're not even 2 years removed from a championship.I agree,he should stay.We're not uk,nor do we want to be.I doubt that what you think you see is a downward trend in the program.

Obvious to who? To you? Which coach won a national championship last without having 9 McDonald's all-Americans on the roster?...The comparison is even easier than that...

Which one won the last championship?

Then why get all worked up? Cue Card needs a serious Dr. Phil session. If all he's living for is RP and the birds, well, that's pretty funny. It seriously cracks me up. Some serious childhood issues. I like the direction of both UK and UL. It's gonna be great the next few years to boot.

Originally posted by earsky:

And reading some of these vile filled posts,you really don't understand the hate,huh?I'm guessing you grew up a uk fan,the other side of what I had to endure in Shively(yeah 74 that Shively) in the 70's with the constant references to our black basketball players in a very derogatory manner.

That hate was instilled in me by uk fans,carried genetically to my son who hates them more than me.I can't see how,but it's true.Ihope the cats win them all but the last one.
wink.r191677.gif
Oh, I've seen it all my life. I understand that it exists... I just don't understand why people let it consume them. Sports should be about entertainment and enjoyment, not hatred. I'm a big sports fan, love pro football, love college basketball, enjoy most other sports, follow several teams, especially UK and UL (and the Steelers)... but I hate no team, even arch rivals.

I'm so confused....

Cue, you said in this thread something like last year was last year it means nothing... Then you follow that up with "which coach won the last title" so does the past matter or not?!? You can't have it both ways right?

But Louisville has won the most games the last 2.75 years or whatever stat that becomes the magical stat.

Zipper-- I know I know, LPT... Blah blah blah. Pitino Lite sucks... UL is Kentucky's Super Bowl... The SEC sucks...

But as of today March 5, 2015 who is the best team in College Basketball?

But yall are right!! Louisville is the 'defending national state champions' or whatever yall say.

Good luck the rest of the season!!

Originally posted by JGD29:
...Zipper-- I know I know, LPT... Blah blah blah. Pitino Lite sucks... UL is Kentucky's Super Bowl... The SEC sucks...

But as of today March 5, 2015 who is the best team in College Basketball?...

Glad to see another LPT guy is getting the hang of things.

BUT, that SEC thingy keeps us from answering your question. Yet.

Originally posted by JGD29:
I'm so confused....

Cue, you said in this thread something like last year was last year it means nothing... Then you follow that up with "which coach won the last title" so does the past matter or not?!? You can't have it both ways right?

But Louisville has won the most games the last 2.75 years or whatever stat that becomes the magical stat.

Zipper-- I know I know, LPT... Blah blah blah. Pitino Lite sucks... UL is Kentucky's Super Bowl... The SEC sucks...

But as of today March 5, 2015 who is the best team in College Basketball?

But yall are right!! Louisville is the 'defending national state champions' or whatever yall say.

Good luck the rest of the season!!
It doesn't mean anything to THIS year but that doesn't mean it's still not history. When the person I was speaking to was mixing both as one, then it's a problem. He was trying to say what happens this year is a reflection of what happened last year and it's not. You know, like the 2 SEC teams making it to the final four last year and how the Cards better not lose to a SEC this year. Totally over your head since as you clearly pointed out, you're so confused.

Then why get all worked up? Cue Card needs a serious Dr. Phil session. If all he's living for is RP and the birds, well, that's pretty funny. It seriously cracks me up. Some serious childhood issues. I like the direction of both UK and UL. It's gonna be great the next few years to boot.
Says the troll living on a UofL message board. What do you have to live for? US? You epitomize what a true loser is.

Isn't it about time to take Keeping it real out of here? He's clearly got nothing constructive to add.

Originally posted by zipp:
It doesn't matter if Pitino Lite stays at LPT or not... The P5 is about to change the freshman eligibility rule which will gut the OAD system and put his resume on every NBA GM's desk.

Then he won't have to be reminded when he wins his conference.

And the better LPT does this year, the more that probability increases. There's a slight rumble just east of here--listen for it.

Wouldn't that make KY a stronger team if they do away with the one and dones? It seems like they are better this year because a lot of their players came back from last year. One of their best players, Stein is a junior I think, and the Harrisons are sophomores. If they continue to get the best players, but they have to stay longer, will that be worse for them? I must be missing something.

The last thing any Cardinal fan wants to be is like KY. UL just placed 7 (that's seven) players on the ACC all academic team. That number seven is one more than six which is how long the average UK player stays in class. We've won more games over the last three years than anyone and had just as many titles as anyone. You can't make these guys up. It's all about today they say, but they continue to count titles won when the NIT was king with five players banned for lifetime from the NBA. The first UK player who misses a paycheck or has a year old car will blow this whole thing up. A probation every decade and we are halfway into this decade. Patience is a virtue.

Just read a Times article that said ESPN's viewership was down and specifically down from Čal's last and only title. UL's regional and final game are the standards for the last 15 years. Also Louisville basketball share is almost double the next market.

Nobody likes what is happening this year because one team is playing a completely different set if rules. But Dream on UK will celebrate this year while the rest of the basketball world will look to stop the abuse of the game.

Originally posted by Buggeyes:
Wouldn't that make KY a stronger team if they do away with the one and dones? It seems like they are better this year because a lot of their players came back from last year. One of their best players, Stein is a junior I think, and the Harrisons are sophomores. If they continue to get the best players, but they have to stay longer, will that be worse for them? I must be missing something.First of all, what Briggs just said...

And no it wouldn't make them stronger. It's hard to say with 100% certainty. But in all likelihood, few if any of the current LPT kids would be on their roster if they weren't eligible to play as freshmen AND if they could enter the NBA draft one year out of high school anyway.

If that NCAA rule changes, most of them would likely head overseas to play for pay for a year. The NBA may change their rule and allow them into the draft out of high school. Or make them play a year of NBDL ball first. None of those involve going to college.

A few may go to college and decide whether they want to play as sophomores or leave school and get drafted. It doesn't matter much because you're talking very few kids and probably not the best ones.

It's why Pitino Lite has been so outspoken against ANY change to the current system. But as The Borg said, "resistance is futile". Change is a-comin'.

This post was edited on 3/5 11:39 PM by zipp

ACC and SEC commissioners aren't going with the making the freshman ineligible plan. It's essentially going backwards as far as equality goes.

If the other conferences do it then they can say good bye to 5 star recruits. ACC and SEC will take them all the jackasses will be stuck with the rest.

Originally posted by zipp:
Originally posted by Buggeyes:
Wouldn't that make KY a stronger team if they do away with the one and dones? It seems like they are better this year because a lot of their players came back from last year. One of their best players, Stein is a junior I think, and the Harrisons are sophomores. If they continue to get the best players, but they have to stay longer, will that be worse for them? I must be missing something.First of all, what Briggs just said...

And no it wouldn't make them stronger. It's hard to say with 100% certainty. But in all likelihood, few if any of the current LPT kids would be on their roster if they weren't eligible to play as freshmen AND if they could enter the NBA draft one year out of high school anyway.

If that NCAA rule changes, most of them would likely head overseas to play for pay for a year. The NBA may change their rule and allow them into the draft out of high school. Or make them play a year of NBDL ball first. None of those involve going to college.

A few may go to college and decide whether they want to play as sophomores or leave school and get drafted. It doesn't matter much because you're talking very few kids and probably not the best ones.

It's why Pitino Lite has been so outspoken against ANY change to the current system. But as The Borg said, "resistance is futile". Change is a-comin'.

This post was edited on 3/5 11:39 PM by zipp
This post reads as wishful thinking which confuses me to whether you're an ACC man or an anti UK man first and foremost.

Change ain't a comin. Don't be silly.

This post was edited on 3/5 11:45 PM by lonedingo93

Originally posted by lonedingo93:
ACC and SEC commissioners aren't going with the making the freshman ineligible plan. It's essentially going backwards as far as equality goes.

If the other conferences do it then they can say good bye to 5 star recruits. ACC and SEC will take them all the jackasses will be stuck with the rest.
I heard the ACC Commish say in person last week that he's thinking about it. Not sure if he's whispered to you anything differently.

wink.r191677.gif

[BTW, trivia for us old farts... John Swafford is the long, lost brother of the late folk singer "Oliver" from the 1960s. The artist who performed the hits "Good Morning, Starshine" and "Jean". I remarked to John "no $hit" when he told me! ===>
laugh.r191677.gif
(John and me).]

And of course the SEC isn't in favor of the rule change. The only basketball credibility the conference has is dangling precariously off of Pitino Lite's nutsack. As soon as freshmen eligibility is gone in basketball, so should be the SEC's auto-bid to the NCAA tournament.

This post was edited on 3/5 11:55 PM by zipp

Nice selective time frame Briggs. And actually UK has the most wins in the last 3 years now.

Ratings are down for college basketball yes, but UK games have beaten all but 2 NBA games for ratings. The ratings for UK are huge. 5 of the top 10 games for ratings this year are UK games. The UK Louisville game was the second highest on the list. If UK reaches the final four undefeated it will shatter the records. Also, the louisville market involves 29 surrounding counties so UK are the main reason its the highest.

Did you know Louisville has been on probation more than UK? Did you know UK basketball has not had any violations since the 80s while Louisville had 2 different sets of violations and probations in the 90s.

Yep you guys have said all the cheating will come out yet 6 years later, nothing... Its funny because its YOUR SCHOOL that is having drama year after. Jay Bilas knows what's up and called out all the hypocritical fans that bash UK.

Originally posted by that.dude:
...Also, the louisville market involves 29 surrounding counties so UK are the main reason its the highest...Great first post. I wonder who you were yesterday...
ohwell.r191677.gif

Gonna need some data for the above comment, dude. Per the NY Times, Louisville increasingly owns the region, not just Jefferson County. And there are a helluva lot more people in Jefferson and nearby Indiana and Kentucky counties than any other area of like proportions in the world where LPT fans are in the majority.

Hate to break that Times news to ya. (Not.)

Nice selective time frame Briggs. And actually UK has the most wins in the last 3 years now.

Ratings are down for college basketball yes, but UK games have beaten all but 2 NBA games for ratings. The ratings for UK are huge. 5 of the top 10 games for ratings this year are UK games. The UK Louisville game was the second highest on the list. If UK reaches the final four undefeated it will shatter the records. Also, the louisville market involves 29 surrounding counties so UK are the main reason its the highest.

Did you know Louisville has been on probation more than UK? Did you know UK basketball has not had any violations since the 80s while Louisville had 2 different sets of violations and probations in the 90s.

Yep you guys have said all the cheating will come out yet 6 years later, nothing... Its funny because its YOUR SCHOOL that is having drama year after. Jay Bilas knows what's up and called out all the hypocritical fans that bash UK.
Wrong, Louisville has 119 to uk's 118 little math genius.

I could care less about all those market share, revenue numbers, arena contracts, and anything else not directly related to playing the games.

As long as UK keeps dominating UL in basketball as they are currently doing, that's all that matters. Market share does not put the ball in the basket. Neither does Mathiang for that matter.

When the 2 programs are playing and UK dominating the series, my caring about market share is right about the same level as sending Cue Card a Christmas Card.

Do you know UL has never had seasons banned, and post season banned?

Again, kudos to UL. When do you think UL will be able to get their team back to a level to make the rivalry more competitive?

UK still doesn't have more wins than UL even if you go to an inane number like 2 and three quarters time frame. We also have more top 50 wins in that time frame. The point in terms of basketball viewership is down from last year and the year before. I don't care about who watches UK because none of their fans really care about any other teams.

In terms of probations, yes UL does have a couple of probations but their total years of missing any post season games was one. UL also had a punishment of losing one recruiter for a year way back in the 60's. UK has had six probations which involved being banned from post season play for a total of six years. UK also has a total season denied and a total number of infractions which reached a total of 211 majors. UK also has five players banned for life in the NBA because of shaving points, players admitting that for a whole year never went to class, receiving cars and money. Players also testified that Rupp even brought up point spreads in team meetings. UK's last probation involved 25 players and 37 major infractions brining them a three year ban for postseason play and severe scholarship totals. That was in 2002. Their 90's probation involved 23 major violations and a three year ban from playing post season.

In fact the last probation at UL involved sitting a player down for less than 10 games. They later took the NCAA to court and won the case, taking it off the books. UL's total infractions in history actually only involved four basketball players and one of those was later found incorrect. These cases also brought only game suspensions and involved no recruting violations.

A former UK poster has tried to compare a probation if a UL player driving a seven year old Honda in the 90's to KY's last basketball probation that had 23 major violations, involving improper travel, cash payments and total lack of control in the program.

These comments by KY fans show how detached their fans are from the real world of basketball. One former poster put this probation number bit up and was hammered by actual facts. This is probably the biggest lie ever put into actual words. Comparing four infractions (one reversed) to scores of infractions several years being banned from postseason play is really is just stupid. It is the equivelant to saying that being involved in three hit and run events and saying it's better than four speeding tickets. Comparing prison sentences, seven that I know if for KY, to arrest records for traffic or drinking activities was shown on here and UK led two to one. I'm not sure what that means except that calling UL thug U is just stupid when you look at UK's history of murderers, rapists and child molesters you would think UK fans would keep their mouths shut. A lot of these incidents at KY have happened in the last couple of years too.

Regardless of basic counting numbers, to knowledge of their team's history, UK fans coming over here show severe cases of basic counting to absolute unawareness of their own program even in recent years. I really do feel sorry to these posters for having no life and realize how damaging these facts about KY must be. They actually deny facts and forget them and continuing on living in a tiny little world where their hero is slaying the world fro them. Can you imagine living in a world where your hero destroyed two programs and let them at the worst possible time when the NCAA shows up.

I could care less about all those market share, revenue numbers, arena contracts, and anything else not directly related to playing the games...Tell that stuff to the crowd you hang with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT