ADVERTISEMENT

Look Uk is a great team but

cards62878

5000+
Feb 18, 2004
The credit they are getting but, pulling out close games and comebacks against bad SEC teams is a little much. Besides UK name one other big out of conference win for the SEC? They only have one other ranked team in the conference and that's Arkansas who lost to Clemson. So like I said great team but, the commentary on wow this team just answers the bell etc is a little over hyped.

Arkansas has a couple of good OOC wins in SMU and Dayton. LSU at least beat WVU. Curiously enough South Carolina did beat Iowa State (!?). Tennessee beat Butler early in the season.

I am baffled at A & M and UGA being obvious tourney teams though. Neither has any notable wins that I've seen.

Who cares? They are like the Russian Hockey team in 1980. Professionals in an amateur sport. Nobody likes them, ESPN has to pimp the ratings because the college game is down across the board. Scoring is down, interest is down. The only rabble that gives a crap is 70 miles east, and the Knicks. They are loathed nationally. Did you see LeBatard's dad making fun of UK getting paid yesterday? There is a story every week about the corruption in the NCAA. The big story is when, and if, somebody beats them. Why even bring it up?

Originally posted by cards62878:
The credit they are getting but, pulling out close games and comebacks against bad SEC teams is a little much. Besides UK name one other big out of conference win for the SEC? They only have one other ranked team in the conference and that's Arkansas who lost to Clemson. So like I said great team but, the commentary on wow this team just answers the bell etc is a little over hyped.
There is no "but". UK has proven 30 straight games now that they have the best college basketball team in division 1. There are zero excuses for them. They have no room for error at all. They MUST win out to live up to what they've done to date or this season will be a failure UNLESS they lose before the NCAA tournament then win it all.

It wouldn't surprise me if Calipari throws a game in the SEC tourney just to get them refocused.

JMO.

They were looking past those SEC teams and thats why they struggled in some of those games. In the tourney they will be playing bigger names (at least in the later rounds) and then they will be focused and even more impressive.

I would disagree. They don't need to win it all. Some fans (for or against UK) may say that, but realistically, only 1 team can win the title, and it is not always the best team. That is the beauty of March Madness... any given day a team can lose.

Last year Wichita State was undefeated, but lost in the tourney. Was their season a waste? No, it was something special. If UK stays undefeated, then looses in the Elite Eight, would fans be disappointed? Sure... but would the season be a waste... absolutely not.

Originally posted by OneEarWonder:
I would disagree. They don't need to win it all. Some fans (for or against UK) may say that, but realistically, only 1 team can win the title, and it is not always the best team. That is the beauty of March Madness... any given day a team can lose.

Last year Wichita State was undefeated, but lost in the tourney. Was their season a waste? No, it was something special. If UK stays undefeated, then looses in the Elite Eight, would fans be disappointed? Sure... but would the season be a waste... absolutely not.
The season would be a total waste. Non Kentucky fans would laugh, Kentucky fans would cry. That's reality.

Love it.

Not what I've been hearing from the BBN pipeline. It's all or nothing now after a 30-0 start. 1 loss before the NCAA tourney would be forgot and forgiven with 6 wins IN the NCAA tourney. A loss in the NCAA tourney would destroy the season and make it a complete failure. Remember the audience. The BBN in general are that delusional.

Credit needs to be given where deserved, they are a great team and they have rose to the challenge every time so far, even on bad nights. We can sit on here and criticise their schedule (and I'm not defending it), but the fact of the matter is they beat us and while I know that doesn't always equate to meaning they can beat everyone we have beaten, it at least means they are capable of it.

I am not a cat fan, I am die hard Cards the whole way, but they are on the verge of something special and they are a Kentucky local team and I for one am supporting them in this quest. If we meet them in the tournament (and I for one hope we don't), I will be pulling for the Cards, but unless that happens I will be pulling for them to finish the feat. They are an impressive team, albeit they do have bad nights like every team does. Give them the props they deserve!!

Originally posted by baseball32fan:

Credit needs to be given where deserved, they are a great team and they have rose to the challenge every time so far, even on bad nights. We can sit on here and criticise their schedule (and I'm not defending it), but the fact of the matter is they beat us and while I know that doesn't always equate to meaning they can beat everyone we have beaten, it at least means they are capable of it.

I am not a cat fan, I am die hard Cards the whole way, but they are on the verge of something special and they are a Kentucky local team and I for one am supporting them in this quest. If we meet them in the tournament (and I for one hope we don't), I will be pulling for the Cards, but unless that happens I will be pulling for them to finish the feat. They are an impressive team, albeit they do have bad nights like every team does. Give them the props they deserve!!
Well said. I wish more fans felt the same way. I've always believed in cheering for your team(s), but I never understood cheering against or wishing ill against another team; rival or not.

Originally posted by Cue Card:

Love it.

Not what I've been hearing from the BBN pipeline. It's all or nothing now after a 30-0 start. 1 loss before the NCAA tourney would be forgot and forgiven with 6 wins IN the NCAA tourney. A loss in the NCAA tourney would destroy the season and make it a complete failure. Remember the audience. The BBN in general are that delusional.
I disagree. Not all fans are delusional. High expectations, sure... but not all of BBN feels that way. Most that I know are enjoying the run and are hoping for a title... but won't be crying if there isn't one a the end of the run.

It's a run that has captured national attention and is exciting to watch, Cats fan or not. FWIW, I travel all over the country, when people here I am from Louisville; if they are a basketball fan they ask Cards or Cats. If they are not a big basketball fan, they STILL ask about the Cats and their run. THAT is exciting.

Well said. I wish more fans felt the same way. I've always believed in cheering for your team(s), but I never understood cheering against or wishing ill against another team; rival or not.
I'm actually indifferent. If I had my choice, I would prefer to see UK win their last regular season game, win the SEC tourney, then be the first 1 seed to ever lose to a 16 seed. THAT would be epic. LOL!!

Give it up for the UK fan coming over to set up an excuse in case they lose. I wouldn't guarantee anything with Čal's teams. Let's face it. Cal has had over 20 Burger Boys in six years and has one title to show for it. He was knocked out with the Wall, Cuz and Bledsoe bunch by a team that had one top 100 player. WVA had finished 6th in the regular season in the Big East. He was also beaten by teams who had finished 7th and 9th in the Big East regular season who had a total of one McDonalds on those two teams. KY fans won't admit it, but they have been consistent under achievers. In the last two years they lost 23 games with 9 different Burger Boys and even lost in the first round of the NIT against the worst seed in that tourney.

Don't tell me that if they lose with nine McDonalds players this year they won't be devastated.

OK, then you are NOT a UofL fan. Sorry. I don't buy it for a second. They don't cheer for us. We don't cheer for them. And that's how it should be.

Add to that, they don't DESERVE what they've had so far and they sure as hell don't deserve what they EXPECT to happen. A true champion is humble; a true champion is grateful. Those players to some degree (because we all know they've been paid), that coach, and ESPECIALLY those fans don't deserve anything other than the NCAA death penalty. They have never been humble (they and their players typically think all opponents should just lie down and lose for them and if there's any resistance, the refs should, and usually do, take care of it). And they are the opposite of grateful; they are entitled.

Let them and their ill-gotten gains rot in hell. Go #16!

Look Uk is a great team but
cards62878 posted on 3/4/2015...

strange isn't it? the narrowest ooc win uk had was vs ul - 8pts. the rest weren't even close. the only teams who have taken uk to the wire are sec teams. does that mean uk is overrated? ooc sked overrated? hard to figure since the sec is one of the weakest conferences.

Originally posted by Cue Card:
There is no "but". UK has proven 30 straight games now that they have the best college basketball team in division 1. There are zero excuses for them. They have no room for error at all. They MUST win out to live up to what they've done to date or this season will be a failure UNLESS they lose before the NCAA tournament then win it all...I see what you did, Cue. And I 100% approve.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

"Elite program" my a$$...

Originally posted by Briggsky:
Give it up for the UK fan coming over to set up an excuse in case they lose. I wouldn't guarantee anything with Čal's teams. Let's face it. Cal has had over 20 Burger Boys in six years and has one title to show for it. He was knocked out with the Wall, Cuz and Bledsoe bunch by a team that had one top 100 player. WVA had finished 6th in the regular season in the Big East. He was also beaten by teams who had finished 7th and 9th in the Big East regular season who had a total of one McDonalds on those two teams. KY fans won't admit it, but they have been consistent under achievers. In the last two years they lost 23 games with 9 different Burger Boys and even lost in the first round of the NIT against the worst seed in that tourney.

Don't tell me that if they lose with nine McDonalds players this year they won't be devastated.
That's exactly what I'm saying, some fans may be disappointed, but devastated? No. Excuses? No one is making excuses.

Each year is different, the WVa loss was lights out shooting by WVa, they couldn't miss a basket, it was amazing. That is the beauty of March. Last year, no one expected UConn or UK to be in the final game, they both got hot at the right time... again, the beauty of March Madness.

You're insane if you think UK has "underachieved" when you look at the 6 year run they are on... perennial power, deep runs in March (minus 1 year), always in the conversation. You are delusional. At least be honest with yourself.

For myself, I'm a fan of good basketball and success and I don't believe you need to tear down other programs. With the last 5 years, I've been living in BBall heaven with the success of UL and UK. Amazing time to be in the Bluegrass State!

They almost got it last night. UGA had the game won and choked it away. No other way to spin it whether you bleed red or blue.

Originally posted by Kratz:
They almost got it last night. UGA had the game won and choked it away. No other way to spin it whether you bleed red or blue.
I agree completely. I thought the Dawgs had it. They *should* have won, but blew it.
To beat UK, other than a crazy off night for the entire team, you need to have a good inside-outside game and UGA was doing great, but ran out of steam at the end and let UK claw out a victory.

Drives you crazy doesn't it. Kinda like UL choking against UK last year. Thank you Wayne Blackshear.

I will not now, nor will I ever cheer for those cheating bastard mother f******, if you cheer for them then you are not truly a die hard card fan, no matter what you say there is no excuse to ever associate with that scum bag team or their slap dick fans!!!

Seven out eight time the Pitino Cards have choked against Coach Cal sinces he has been at Kentucky.... enough said live with it

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:

Drives you crazy doesn't it. Kinda like UL choking against UK last year. Thank you Wayne Blackshear.
Thank you who?You really should avoid talking about things you can't remember.And no,I won't help you either.

Most fans are like me.They grew up in this city outnumbered,out flanked by uk fans.You'd have had to been there to understand the hate and where it comes from.

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:

Wasn't just Blackshear. I remember Russ missing the front end of a few 1 and 1's as well. Yes, UofL had that game in the tournament last year and choked it away as well.

Originally posted by earsky:

Most fans are like me.They grew up in this city outnumbered,out flanked by uk fans.You'd have had to been there to understand the hate and where it comes from.
I know where it comes from. I'm from Louisville. I have many friends and family on both sides of the issue. I just don't agree with the negativity. Peace, love, happiness... and basketball unity.

Like I said, I believe in cheering FOR something... not AGAINST another player/team/school, etc.

They could very well win it all but Georgia flat choked in the last 3-4 min last night. The Bulldogs missed 5 CONSECUTIVE free-throws during this stretch including THREE front-ends and a double-bonus. They went less than 50% from the line for the game. It was a total meltdown!

I can see someone saying Wichita St. had an amazing year last year to run the table in the reg. season. But this year how could UK losing in the 2nd round be thought of as anything but an all time choke job? I can certainly see fans being livid if UK lost to someone like Dayton in a 1/8 game at the KFC Yum Center.

Originally posted by Cabbageboy:
I can see someone saying Wichita St. had an amazing year last year to run the table in the reg. season. But this year how could UK losing in the 2nd round be thought of as anything but an all time choke job? I can certainly see fans being livid if UK lost to someone like Dayton in a 1/8 game at the KFC Yum Center.
Screw the 1/8 game. I want to see UK lose to Texas Southern to become the first ever 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed. That would be epic!!

I know where it comes from. I'm from Louisville. I have many friends and family on both sides of the issue. I just don't agree with the negativity. Peace, love, happiness... and basketball unity.

Like I said, I believe in cheering FOR something... not AGAINST another player/team/school, etc.
Just curious when and where you grew up here.You may not agree,but do you understand?

i hope ul gets georgia first round. then knock them. they played balls to the walls. you dont make it past round 2. thats coaches fault because according to his own words he tries to lead by example. that accounts for all of 15 seconds and a rape charge

Just curious when and where you grew up here.You may not agree,but do you understand?
I can't say I ever fully grew up ;) ... but I was raised in the South End in the 80's, near Churchill Downs.

And I don't fully understand hatred of a sporting rival. Healthy respect, even resentmet, I understand... but not all the vitriol and hatred that gets spewed. That is by any fan base, not just UK & UL Fans. Maybe it's because I'm a lover not a fighter; maybe it's because I grew up in a blended family, maybe it's because I grew up in a "House Divided" with both UK and UL fans, or maybe because I am drawn the the bigger game itself.

Hell I don't mind cheering for the cards whenever they are not loosing to the Cats but after reading some of these replies , well I guess the Tard nickname makes sense...

This thread is comical, your team has lost 4 home games and only a win against UNC out of the top 5 in your conference and there is thread after thread about UK, can u say consumed.As a UL fan I think u have alot more to worry about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT