ADVERTISEMENT

Look Uk is a great team but

Originally posted by Briggsky:
...We also have more top 50 wins in that time frame...Not really a fair comparison. LPT doesn't schedule that many Top 50 basketball teams.

laugh.r191677.gif

"Elite program", my a$$...

UK's last basketball probation was in the 90's and not the 80's and had 23 major violations. UL had two incidents in the 90's involving three violations and one was taken off the record because the NCAA admitted they were wrong. UL has never had a single violation for recruting. UK's 2002 violation's (37) involved 25 different recruits and ended in a three year post season ban.. By the way UK did have another probation in the early 80's for activities involving the 1978 title team. Actually UK's only title in a 37 year period in 1978 is also in question. In terms of probations for UL in it's history only one actually involved post season only for one tourney and that was for one year. Every single coach for some 60 years in KY history had received post season ban for violations. Rick stopped all of that and yet UK fans continue to attack him every day. I will admit that Rick's training years in Lexington benefited our program and the actual facts are that Rick has win more games here and had the same number of titles and final four's and titles that he had in Lexganistan. I really can't believe how little knowledge these trolls have about basketball in general and their own corrupt history. I'm very serious about that. They simply swallow whatever is posted on their board and then repeat it for all to see.

Comparing UK's 23 major infractions in the 90's involving a three year probation to UL's infraction involving a six year old Honda and an Explorer use for a month is simply hard to even believe, but UK fans try it every single day. Learn to add and study your own history and come back after you get that GED.

I just love it when they come over here. THANKS ZIPP. IT's a perfect example of bringing a knife to a gun fight. GO CARDS - Seven Academic All ACC in one season. Degrees do matter.

All these figures yet the country still sees UK > UL. And UK is still dominating the recent series over UL and that trend will continue.

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
All these figures yet the country still sees UK > UL. And UK is still dominating the recent series over UL and that trend will continue.
"the country"? you mean the hollers don't you?

I could care less about all those market share, revenue numbers, arena contracts, and anything else not directly related to playing the games.

As long as UK keeps dominating UL in basketball as they are currently doing, that's all that matters. Market share does not put the ball in the basket. Neither does Mathiang for that matter.
Then why not? What is keeping you from caring less? Brain cell function?

Real is the same guy who was selling UK's 37.6 share in ESPN's market. UK having a bigger share than the NBA is just crazy, because it's never happened. The national article saying that Louisville was the number one market was impressive especially considering that it was double any other market. UK fans immediately claimed that UK was the reason for it. But the true fact is that according to local stations UL games corner a far greater share than KY games. They just don't know how to tell the truth. Then after talking about how popular they are they decide when their numbers are bad, that only their play in the court counts. What other kind of comment would you expect for fans of a program graduating less than 20% of their players over six years.

The real facts are that the NFL, MLB, nascar and NBA and College Football all outdraw college basketball. Even golf majors outdraw college ball. The only college basketball games that get in the 4% share are NCAA regional and Final games. And guess which title games and regional games are King in the last 10 years. I won't say who but it wasn't KY's title. If you live in a world where none of these other sports count then the two match up's KY has had on ESPN this year are really exciting. Drawing 2.7% of a total viewing audience isn't impressive when you consider the fact that 13 different cable networks and the four biggest national networks outdrew you. The biggest share that KY's ever drawn in anything are the annual poll numbers on the CBS basketball page voting on the most hated team where they've never finished worst than 2nd. KY fans live in a little tiny world where they are King. They continue to say they are the kings and have for 50 years. This type of talk went on even during the 37 year period when they only won one title. In that same period schools like Cincy, Duke, Carolina, UL and UCLA won at least two. Four if those titles came when conferences like the ACC weren't even members of the NCAA and UK had five player on that team that were banned for life from the NBA because they were so tarnished.

Nothing counts, including virtually every sport, grads and especially respect.

UK baseball???? This might easily be the dumbest human on the face if the earth. You mean the UK baseball team that has never been to the CWS while UL has gone three times in eight years.

UK is number one going into the tourney and this is the 4th time they've been there. They've been number one in recruiting five times. And yet UL has still won more games tp than KY over four years. KY has also lost in the tourney three times to UL's conference mates who were rated 4th, 6th and 9th in the conference those years. Those three teams had a grand total of one McDonalds between them. Nobody has ever had more talent and lost to weaker teams just about every time. Throw in losing to the worst seed in the NIT and you have a real question about Cal as a game coach. A lot of chances, but not much to show for it. Run out of tourneys four out of six years by teams with no real talent. It has to be coaching because UK fans have convinced me that they have the best players in the country every single year. I think we'll just let this play out.

...and the go to post again.You were talking about substance.I don't see yours.314 posts and 250 are exactly like this one.

Originally posted by earsky:
...and the go to post again.You were talking about substance. I don't see yours. 314 posts and 250 are exactly like this one.You're being generous about the other 64.

A bunch if hired hands winning all their games. Exciting maybe, but we lived with KY fans for years. Until Rick came every single UK title was followed by a probation. You simply have to wait.

Again, UL has not even finished year one of being in the ACC. Yet you talk as if you're a part of Tobacco Road when in reality it's more like 32nd and Dumesnil. This entertainment is priceless.

Again, UL has not even finished year one of being in the ACC. Yet you talk as if you're a part of Tobacco Road when in reality it's more like 32nd and Dumesnil...At least it ain't Possum Ridge or Hooterville.

So, is this how you carry on a debate?

The gist of it is, you guys are trying to discredit UK's schedule to offset UK running the table. Should UK do that, it's quite remarkable and likely something UL will never achieve. It hurts. I know. I can see it in tone of the text on the posts here. The good news is, UL was one of the highly rated victims that lost on UK's schedule. And should UK win out, you guys will be lucky enough to be at least mentioned in the conversations many years from now on UK's season of perfection. That's quite an honor.

This is what We've been looking for this whole week. I always like to push KKKAT fans to where the race card is played because that has always been their problem. For years all we heard was Blackbids. UK went for 70 years without a black player. They always liked to blame the SEC, but If fact many southern schools integrated well before KY. Rupp used four different racial slurs at halftime when they played Texas Western. Fortunately three different reporters who eventually became Pulitzer Prize winner have written about it.

Whenever KAT fans are really pushed it always goes to black, thugs and eventually the West End. Finally the premier bigot in this argument has pulled the race card. UL had higher grad rates than KY through all programs, three years running UL has had higher ACT scores with incoming freshmen and this year's new class has 70% of it's members living on campus. Southern Sports just listed UL as one of the 30 most beautiful campus facilities in the south. We've added twice the campus living facilities that the KY Teacher's College has. Every single major sporting venue has been upgraded in ten years while UK had really done virtually nothing. 600 million dollars in venue upgrades in recent years is amazing. Louisville was probably the most prominent Underground Railroad during the slavery era while Lexington was the direct opposite. Sometimes it seems that not all that much has changed in Lexington.

This post was edited on 3/7 2:38 AM by Briggsky

Everyone is always talking about UK because of seven probations and 211 major violations. Like Cal you guys just want attention. UL fans have to understand that UK has nothing. The worst football program in the SEC, no BCS wins, no College World Series. Their cheating program is all they have. Everyone wants to be good at something and holding off football season is required since their recruiting imploded. Can anyone imagine a program going three years without beating a single football team from the Big Five. It must be hard playing in those crap facilities.

The gist of it is, you guys are trying to discredit UK's schedule to offset UK running the table. Should UK do that, it's quite remarkable and likely something UL will never achieve. It hurts. I know. I can see it in tone of the text on the posts here. The good news is, UL was one of the highly rated victims that lost on UK's schedule. And should UK win out, you guys will be lucky enough to be at least mentioned in the conversations many years from now on UK's season of perfection. That's quite an honor.No one's trying to discredit LPT's schedule. It speaks for itself. The prospect of an undefeated season is getting more mention now the that the regular season is winding down. There's hype and euphoria, and most of us here are simply bringing perspective to the discussion.

I think it was the other thread where I addressed last nite the ACC and SEC line-up of teams. If LPT was playing an ACC schedule, it would be facing five teams in the RPI Top 25, some at home and some away. In the SEC, it faced one of those teams in one game at home. That's quite a difference, and it goes most of the way in explaining how LPT could run the table.

As I noted a couple days ago, your own coach said he had to be reminded when LPT won the league. WTH kinda statement does that make? Yet, there's still talk about raising a banner and that your fans may rush the floor today if you guys beat a team (Florida) that's .500 overall and below .500 in your league. That's a tad pitiful in more ways than one.

It's OK to admit that your team has had an easy run of it. It's OK to admit that there oughta be an asterisk next to your record this season. It's OK to concede that your conference shouldn't get an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament were it not for LPT's participation. It's not your fault that the backdrop is so bad for those things. Your team is in a conference where Spring football is the focus now. That's all understandable, and we won't think any less of you for admitting it. It's hard to get any lower than where you are already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT