ADVERTISEMENT

LOL @ Rutgers

The last sentence tells why Rutgers is in the the B1G only for the tv market. I wonder though as bad as they are do Bew Yorkers still tune in to watch them?

Reactions: CommodoreCard
There but for the grace of God go I. From what I remember, it wasn't that long ago that the team CBP coached was kind of considered a joke and a dumpster fire:)

Besides that, please don't lump all New Yorkers with NYC. Having lived and worked outside of Syracuse, Syracuse was a pretty good college football town with a good following.

On top of that, as a former "New Yoker", I can say without hesitation that New York City sucks, Rutgers really never has had a football team, and the combined record of the S Knights, NY Jets and NY Giants is like 26-82 for the last 3 years:eek:

Last edited:
When the B1G invited Rutgers is was based on their TV market. What good are they if nobody watches them play. I agree Louisville was a dumpster fire but that was short term. Rutgers only football tradition or any sports tradition was that is where the 1st football game was played.

When the B1G invited Rutgers is was based on their TV market. What good are they if nobody watches them play. I agree Louisville was a dumpster fire but that was short term. Rutgers only football tradition or any sports tradition was that is where the 1st football game was played.

RU is a big school with a lot of alums. I'm sure there are viewers. Plus, there's the B10 Network. There are a lot of B10 alums in the New York area.

Viewership numbers for the Louisville-Rutgers and Rutgers-WVU games in 2006 was huge. What the Big Ten took from that was that Rutgers could definitely add $$ to the Big Ten when the conference negotiated with media outlets like ESPN and FOX.

Rutgers just needs to hire this decade’s version of Greg Schiano. Not as easy as it sounds, though!

Viewership numbers for the Louisville-Rutgers and Rutgers-WVU games in 2006 was huge. What the Big Ten took from that was that Rutgers could definitely add $$ to the Big Ten when the conference negotiated with media outlets like ESPN and FOX.

Rutgers just needs to hire this decade’s version of Greg Schiano. Not as easy as it sounds, though!
Or they could just hire Schiano himself. He’s available

I still stand by my idea. UConn > Rutgers

Rutgers almost got the boot from the Big East like Temple did. Temple has a respectable program now, Rutgers, not so much.

As bad as Louisville was last year, they never would have been a touchdown underdog to Liberty....well....

I still stand by my idea. UConn > Rutgers

Rutgers almost got the boot from the Big East like Temple did. Temple has a respectable program now, Rutgers, not so much.

As bad as Louisville was last year, they never would have been a touchdown underdog to Liberty....well....

In the last 20 years, the combined record of Temple and Rutgers is 211 wins and 282 losses. May be off a little going cross eye taking in the numbers, but both teams have generally been mediocre at best in football.

Temple has had some good b ball teams in the past.

Rutgers is having a bad year, and Liberty may be picked to win, but wait until the game is over.

Rutgers is a joke. Big 10+4 should have taken UConn.... or maybe Liberty.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...a-touchdown-underdog-at-home-against-liberty/

Well we were a joke last year. I'm sure their fans said the same.
What joy do you get out of some random school 1000 miles away we don't even play anymore doing bad?
Why don't you gloat (as if any of their fans would ever even visit here...I sure as hell don't go to their board or care what Rutgers football does, good or bad) once UofL is a mainstay in the top 20?
We are coming of 2-10, gave up 50+ in most of the games and you are laughing at some other school?

Quality stuff on message boards.

I think people are responding to the thread that was started. I don’t think anyone knew we weren’t supposed to respond to thread that was posted.

UConn? Talk about a dumpster fire, jeeze. Rutgers is in the BIG because of eyeballs and nothing else. They don’t have a great number of fans but the schools they play do for sure. There are a butt load of BIG alums in the NYCity area.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Well we were a joke last year. I'm sure their fans said the same.
What joy do you get out of some random school 1000 miles away we don't even play anymore doing bad?
Why don't you gloat (as if any of their fans would ever even visit here...I sure as hell don't go to their board or care what Rutgers football does, good or bad) once UofL is a mainstay in the top 20?
We are coming of 2-10, gave up 50+ in most of the games and you are laughing at some other school?

Quality stuff on message boards.

What’s your angle?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT