ADVERTISEMENT

L1C4 is Back...

Dude, we kick your a$$ in football, our women's team has played in the championship, baseball team is an annual CWS participant, and your only sport we've won the most recent championship. It must suck to be you.
Your women's team got beat in the championship by the same team that beat us in the elite eight, your baseball team got beat out in the cws and we have kick your a$$ in basketball.

That football game last year was not a a$$ kicker. A dropped interception kept you from getting beat.

Your women's team got beat in the championship by the same team that beat us in the elite eight, your baseball team got beat out in the cws and we have kick your a$$ in basketball.

That football game last year was not a a$$ kicker. A dropped interception kept you from getting beat.

We dropped a pick six, had a fumble and interception both returned for td's, and had a punt blocked where you got a field goal. If we play the "if" game and both can take back three plays, we win by three td's. Hang on to that moral victory though.

I love this graph...

5-star%20recruits_zpsi4y3troz.jpg

Only an LPT fan would see that chart and their actual results as consistent. Nobody else in college basketball should be on the court with them, much less beating them.

Anyone see Wisconsin?

(BTW, U of L is in the second bar from the right...exactly where L1C4 and no shoe contracts should be.)

"Elite program", my a$$...

Last edited:
It's not about choosing the best kids . Its about choosing the best right kids. i'll take our men over anyone elses. L1C4 is about dedication, unselfishness, and integrity. This team gets it. Cant help but be proud of them.

We dropped a pick six, had a fumble and interception both returned for td's, and had a punt blocked where you got a field goal. If we play the "if" game and both can take back three plays, we win by three td's. Hang on to that moral victory though.
I'm not a moral victory man a loss by one or a hundred is still a loss.

Turnovers are part of the game wether it's a mistake by the player or created by a player. Those things happened and they influenced the outcome. That dropped interception had the same affect. No ifs about it.

It was a great game last year and will be this year. One thing about a rival game is past games really can't be used to make an assumption on this years game. Like that old saying "toss out the record books when rivals play".

Last edited:
Reactions: rockycard
I love coming here and seeing all this Kentucky talk.

The strange part is how many UK posters, including yourself, who are trying to highjack/troll an obviously UofL (L1C4) only thread. The "Kentucky talk" you reference is coming from Kentucky posters.

The strange part is how many UK posters, including yourself, who are trying to highjack/troll an obviously UofL (L1C4) only thread. The "Kentucky talk" you reference is coming from Kentucky posters.

The best part about this statement is that it was several Louisville posters who brought UK into the thread in the first place.

Their behavior is not strange at all, it is what they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh it's absolutely true that UK bozos took over after being baited like that. What did you expect? When you feed trolls, they show up. I'm just pointing out that those comments were the only reason they showed up. It's like kicking a hornets nest and then being surprised you were stung.

Now what is strange is my post got
I'm just pointing out that those comments were the only reason they showed up. .

It wasn't multiple comments. It was one comment. It wasn't even a comment. It was an acronym, that set it off.

UofL fans shouldn't be forced to watch their "quips" on their own board anyway.

Reactions: shadow force
Now what is strange is my post got

It wasn't multiple comments. It was one comment. It wasn't even a comment. It was an acronym, that set it off.

UofL fans shouldn't be forced to watch their "quips" on their own board anyway.

The trolls can just be thankful that our mods condone their behavior, while the regular UofL posters that want to talk UofL will just have to read it or ignore it.

Sweet!

I count three comments that reference UK before the first UK poster shows up. Like Beetlejuice, say his name three times and he'll show up.

I count three comments that reference UK before the first UK poster shows up. Like Beetlejuice, say his name three times and he'll show up.

Wrong. Two posts, that said...

1) L1C40-0 :)
2) Omg...too funny!

Then troll Clock Calamity showed up.

Those two posts above are not strong and don't warrant a hi-jack. And the 2nd post just LOL'ed at the first post it wasn't some kind of pile on.

So it's not like Beetlejuice at all really. It's just obsessive UK fans trolling our board. Quit arguing with me about it you're wrong.

Wrong. Two posts, that said...

1) L1C40-0 :)
2) Omg...too funny!

Then troll Clock Calamity showed up.

Those two posts above are not strong and don't warrant a hi-jack. And the 2nd post just LOL'ed at the first post it wasn't some kind of pile on.

So it's not like Beetlejuice at all really. It's just obsessive UK fans trolling our board. Quit arguing with me about it you're wrong.

I'm sorry, I guess the post by Louisvillian with a picture of Cal is on a different thread.

Oh wait, no it isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
I'm sorry, I guess the post by Louisvillian with a picture of Cal is on a different thread.

Oh wait, no it isn't.

Louisvillian's post with a picture of Cal was made AFTER Clock Calmity's troll "Yep Hilarious!" post.

Louisvillian's post was a response to Clock Calamity.

You stated there were three comments that reference UK before the first UK poster showed up. You are wrong. There were only two, and I as I stated above one of the references was a big whopping "LOL too funny" post, and the other was L1C40-0.

OMG OMG OMG the Cards fans started it!!!!

I mean Jesus Christ dude how effing stupid are you the evidence is in the thread all you have to do is go back and read it and count.

Expecting you to know how to read and count is clearly too much. We got a boob job named Atwood trying to explain things to us and he can't read or count.

Brilliant.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Oh it's absolutely true that UK bozos took over after being baited like that. What did you expect? When you feed trolls, they show up. I'm just pointing out that those comments were the only reason they showed up. It's like kicking a hornets nest and then being surprised you were stung.
Just so I understand this correctly. You're saying the only reason trolls show up is because they somehow knew something about UofK was being written that would feed them? Really? They have some super power that allows them to "feel" when something they might not appreciate is written on a board they have no business being on in the first place?

FWIW, I have no clue what is being posted on any F'ed up UofK board because I don't venture to any UofK board to read the idiocy. I don't need it. People who troll on opposing rival boards are losers. Period.

You miss my point,and it sounds like you're in the majority with uk fans coming here,happy with what you've gotten with those last 5-6 years.If I flipped the script and we were getting all those superstar NBA players,whipping uk's butt every year,but settling for the consolation prize,I wouldn't be happy with the results.You play to win the championship,and anything else under those circumstances is coming up short,imo.

Like somebody said though,thanks for chiming in on a thread created for something else.You'll have plenty of other threads in the near future to take shots.
Yeah but Pitino's method isn't netting him anymore titles than UK has in the same timeframe. RP runs a system that fits his program and his style best. UK gets freak athletes, Pitino has veteran teams so when you say UK isn't finishing the job you can say the same thing about UL, pitino's system isn't churning out excessive titles either.
One thing young players do is make mistakes in pressure situations. Those mistakes have cost UK a few titles but at least UK had a shot at 4 titles in 6 years. I'm not seeing UL bringing home multiple national titles with their veteran teams.
There's a reason Pitino isn't doing what Cal and K are doing, it's hard to win with freshmen. If Pitino thought it was easier he would be doing it don't you think?

Just so I understand this correctly. You're saying the only reason trolls show up is because they somehow knew something about UofK was being written that would feed them? Really? They have some super power that allows them to "feel" when something they might not appreciate is written on a board they have no business being on in the first place?

FWIW, I have no clue what is being posted on any F'ed up UofK board because I don't venture to any UofK board to read the idiocy. I don't need it. People who troll on opposing rival boards are losers. Period.

I'm sorry that my post has mislead you into thinking that I'm claiming UK fans have a super power. What I was implying is that there are UK fans who read message boards and mostly avoid threads that solely have to do with Louisville. In fact, there are several threads on the board right now that have nothing to do with UK and are devoid of any UK comments. But when you mention UK, you can't be surprised when UK people decide to write something down.

People who troll are absolutely losers, but having a discussion with a rival fan is not trolling, especially when you can approach that discussion with a level head. I'm here because I like to talk sports and, believe it or not, I cheer for the cards in every game they play but one.

But hey, if you want to call me a troll, go for it. It's no skin off my back, I'm just some random dude on the Internet.

But hey, if you want to call me a troll, go for it. It's no skin off my back, I'm just some random dude on the Interne
Thanks for the permission to call you a troll. Now I can place you on ignore too so BYE. You won't ever see me respond to your trolling again. Troll.

Yeah but Pitino's method isn't netting him anymore titles than UK has in the same timeframe. RP runs a system that fits his program and his style best. UK gets freak athletes, Pitino has veteran teams so when you say UK isn't finishing the job you can say the same thing about UL, pitino's system isn't churning out excessive titles either.
One thing young players do is make mistakes in pressure situations. Those mistakes have cost UK a few titles but at least UK had a shot at 4 titles in 6 years. I'm not seeing UL bringing home multiple national titles with their veteran teams.
There's a reason Pitino isn't doing what Cal and K are doing, it's hard to win with freshmen. If Pitino thought it was easier he would be doing it don't you think?
My response was to a cheap shot taken by a uk fan.I'm never happy about anything less than a championship.Are you?The response wasn't about uk's success or UofL's.It was about the majority of Kentucky fans' perceived happiness with falling short with the top recruiting in the country.

I love this graph...

Only an LPT fan would see that chart and their actual results as consistent. Nobody else in college basketball should be on the court with them, much less beating them.

Anyone see Wisconsin?

(BTW, U of L is in the second bar from the right...exactly where L1C4 and no shoe contracts should be.)

Just so I understand this correctly. You're saying the only reason trolls show up is because they somehow knew something about UofK was being written that would feed them? Really?...
You mean I have to stop using "LPT"? What will I call them?? :D

Yeah but Pitino's method isn't netting him anymore titles than UK has in the same timeframe...
First, you missed the point... Nobody has anywhere close to LPT's 5-star talent. The next three teams, Duke, Kansas, and Arizona--ADDED TOGETHER--barely eclipse LPT. And I wonder if Coach K or Bill Self or Sean Miller would do better with that much talent. Actually, I don't wonder that--I'm sure any of them would have more than one title.

Secondly, it's not a comparison to U of L. There is no comparison on 5-star talent. We also don't have many upsets or shoe kids or OADs or 5-star flame-outs. Our guy is L1C4, and he gets the most out of L1C4 players...

Reactions: earsky
How about Samardo Samuels. He was consensus #1 player and didn't even get drafted. The few 5 star players you guys have had really haven't fared to well. The Twins was rated High but due to lack of speed and Athleticism was their downfall. 6-5 guards without elite athleticism and speed are a dime a dozen in the NBA. The only gripe opposing fans can come up with is he has the best talent year in and year out but has fallen short a few times. Recruiting is just as big a part of coaching as the actual X'O's .

First, you missed the point... Nobody has anywhere close to LPT's 5-star talent. The next three teams, Duke, Kansas, and Arizona--ADDED TOGETHER--barely eclipse LPT. And I wonder if Coach K or Bill Self or Sean Miller would do better with that much talent. Actually, I don't wonder that--I'm sure any of them would have more than one title.

Secondly, it's not a comparison to U of L. There is no comparison on 5-star talent. We also don't have many upsets or shoe kids or OADs or 5-star flame-outs. Our guy is L1C4, and he gets the most out of L1C4 players...

I agree, nobody has anywhere close to UK's 5-star talent. However, it's not like your program doesn't have the opportunity to recruit them (Teague, Lyles, Blakeney, etc). Blakeney, I am sure would have been L1C4 along with King...if he signed. When CRP was at UK he had no problem getting #1 players and recruiting classes to come to UK (he coveted them then ...and yes he fell short of a NC or 2 when he could have won it all with the most talent, 1995 and 1997 specifically). Gentlemen, it is perspective...and the team you support. Let me ask some questions. If UL had signed all the 5*s they have recruited...would they all be L1C4? If CRP had them and they left to go pro for millions after one year would they be L1C4 (Lyles, Teague, Telfair, etc.)? Do you think that Duke's OADs are student athletes...while UKs are hired guns? If UL had the success of UK the last 6 years (UL has been very successful also) would you consider it a problem? When UL makes it to the final 4 and loses do you call it a failure? You and I both know the answers .

I can only assume the perspective taken if UL had stacked in the 5*s they have recruited would be CRP is a top recruiter (better than Cal). These players wanted to only be L1C4 (were more loyal than the players that go to UK or LSU). Yes, everything you post is a comparison of UL in regards to UK. Look in the mirror. UL is a great school and has a great athletic program. To always try to find fault with UK...is a little hypocritical. JMHO. Good luck this year!

Reactions: kyjeff1
I agree, nobody has anywhere close to UK's 5-star talent. However, it's not like your program doesn't have the opportunity to recruit them (Teague, Lyles, Blakeney, etc). Blakeney, I am sure would have been L1C4 along with King...if he signed. When CRP was at UK he had no problem getting #1 players and recruiting classes to come to UK (he coveted them then ...and yes he fell short of a NC or 2 when he could have won it all with the most talent, 1995 and 1997 specifically). Gentlemen, it is perspective...and the team you support. Let me ask some questions. If UL had signed all the 5*s they have recruited...would they all be L1C4? If CRP had them and they left to go pro for millions after one year would they be L1C4 (Lyles, Teague, Telfair, etc.)?...
I'm not sure what motivates a 5-star kid to attend U of L. It's not a quick path to the NBA or shoe connections or a relaxed year at college. Little of that happens with Pitino. Under him, you're gonna earn playing time, bust your a$$ training and practicing, and live in boot camp. That's NOT what most 5-star kids want which is why most don't come here.

Did you really need that explained?

I'm not sure what motivates a 5-star kid to attend U of L. It's not a quick path to the NBA or shoe connections or a relaxed year at college. Little of that happens with Pitino. Under him, you're gonna earn playing time, bust your a$$ training and practicing, and live in boot camp. That's NOT what most 5-star kids want which is why most don't come here.

Did you really need that explained?

Do you believe what you are saying? Do you really think anyone else...even diehard UL fans believe that? If CRP had not previously coached UK for 7 years, I might believe your statement. Do you really think CRP is any tougher on his kids than 90% of the top 10 college BB coaches in the U.S. are? Unless you have actually played for both CRP and Cal...No, you really don't have the experience or credibility to explain or prove your point to me. However, I do believe you love your Cards and are a true loyal fan. Have a great Thanksgiving and good luck this year.

Do you believe what you are saying? Do you really think anyone else...even diehard UL fans believe that? If CRP had not previously coached UK for 7 years, I might believe your statement...
What's relevant today about Pitino coaching at LPT 25 years ago? Two different generations. What worked that long ago doesn't necessarily work today and vice versa.

Pitino couldn't coach kids in a system like LPT has for the same reasons he failed in the NBA his last time... Pros and quasi-pro kids won't respond to his approaches to the game. He knows that too. It's why he won't go anywhere near the NBA, and why he's coined this L1C4 stuff. It's the way he works.

Sure he will take a 5-star kid that fits the L1C4 mold. The problem is there aren't many of them. And I think most U of L fans understand and support that...

I love this graph...

Anyone see Wisconsin?

Wow, with all that talent, no wonder they're hanging so many banners and dominating rivalries.

You miss my point,and it sounds like you're in the majority with uk fans coming here,happy with what you've gotten with those last 5-6 years.If I flipped the script and we were getting all those superstar NBA players,whipping uk's butt every year,but settling for the consolation prize,I wouldn't be happy with the results.You play to win the championship,and anything else under those circumstances is coming up short,imo.

Like somebody said though,thanks for chiming in on a thread created for something else.You'll have plenty of other threads in the near future to take shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT