ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Wakefield chooses UofL

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Male WR Keion Wakefield has just committed to UofL over Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Cincinatti, and Purdue. He apparently did the hat switcheroo with the UK hat before putting on the UofL hat. That's not going to sit well in BBN.

Male WR Keion Wakefield has just committed to UofL over Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Cincinatti, and Purdue. He apparently did the hat switcheroo with the UK hat before putting on the UofL hat. That's not going to sit well in BBN.

It's all good. I've been told UofK didn't really want him anyway.

Stoops cutting his walk-on older brother from the UK squad apparently didn't sit well with Keion either ...

Chalk this up to "jimmy crack corn, and I don't care"

Reactions: BigBlueFanClub
Stoops cutting his walk-on older brother from the UK squad apparently didn't sit well with Keion either ...

Chalk this up to "jimmy crack corn, and I don't care"

Great to get another home grown talent. And over LPT makes it even better>

If it makes you feel better go for it. UK offer him early and stop recruiting him last Spring. Yes, he had a UK hat on the table but UK was never truely an option for him. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it makes you feel better go for it. UK offer him early and stop recruiting him last Spring. Yes, he had a UK hat on the table but UK was never truely an option for him.
He was just feeding the UL fans with a bunch of bunk by picking up a UK hat and afterwards his parents flashing Ls signs like gangsters. Enjoy.

latest

If it makes you feel better go for it. UK offer him early and stop recruiting him last Spring. Yes, he had a UK hat on the table but UK was never truely an option for him.
He was just feeding the UL fans with a bunch of bunk by picking up a UK hat and afterwards his parents flashing Ls signs like gangsters. Enjoy.
LOL..sore loser huh...maybe he should have made the goggle sign...UK DID NOT stop recruiting him. I know for a FACT they were still in contact. Why would they stop recruiting him? Deal with facts....loser

LOL..sore loser huh...maybe he should have made the goggle sign...UK DID NOT stop recruiting him. I know for a FACT they were still in contact. Why would they stop recruiting him? Deal with facts....loser

We knew they would come up with the same bull they always pull. cardsp, you got it correct they are losers.

Kittie liter fans forgot that his brother plays for UK...but they stoped recruiting him

Isn't it amazing that every player who has ever picked UofL over UK was no longer being recruited by UK, or UK never offered them, or UK had recruited over them, or UK had never made a commitable offer (whatever the hell that is), or UK had revoked an earlier offer.

Yet year after year after year those UK rejects beat up on the kittens.

July 14th from Jen Smith "Another former Manual player, cornerback Keron Wakefield has parted ways with UK as well." http://ukfootball.bloginky.com/2015/07/14/several-uk-walk-ons-leave-program/

From July 20th, Ben Roberts..... "Earlier this year, the Wildcats looked like a possible favorite for Wakefield, but UK coaches have not been in contact with him in recent weeks." http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2015/07/20/in-state-receiver-wakefield-ready-to-reveal-decision/

It was obvious and mentioned by more people that UK was no longer in the mix one way or another. It was even more obvious when his brother left UK.

A lot of times UK fans(and every other fan base) claims they passed on a kid when they didn't. This isn't the case this time, it was clear UK stopped contact and passed on him. Smart move? We will know in a few years. If we had room for him I have no doubt we would have taken him, but it looks like we didn't and needed more help on the defensive side.

You can say all you want. Oregon and UK offered early but pull out. UK went on to find better options at WR in Ohio with better offers.

If it makes you feel better go for it. UK offer him early and stop recruiting him last Spring. Yes, he had a UK hat on the table but UK was never truely an option for him. Enjoy.

You are aware of what was deleted here. Don't ever bring that kind of stuff to this board again.

You can say all you want. Oregon and UK offered early but pull out. UK went on to find better options at WR in Ohio with better offers.

Of the current commits, UK doesn't have a WR that rates higher than Wakefield, per Rivals. So, "better" I'm not so sure about. UK may have in fact cooled on Wakefield, but they still had a scholarship offer, again, per Rivals.

Reactions: American Male
The last time Wakefield was on campus was Dec. 5th for the Texas Bball game. It's been almost 9 months since we showed any tangible interest in him. Dawson never seemed to take an interest when we switched OC's. Maybe it has something to do with him being 5'9" 150 lbs because we've only recruited guys above 6 ft since Dawson got to campus

...A lot of times UK fans(and every other fan base) claims they passed on a kid when they didn't. This isn't the case this time, it was clear UK stopped contact and passed on him. Smart move? We will know in a few years. If we had room for him I have no doubt we would have taken him, but it looks like we didn't and needed more help on the defensive side.
Thanks for clarifying that, stupid.

And here's a suggestion... If you really want "help on the defensive side", two words... COACHING TRAINING. So far, your ex-defensive coordinator appears to be having problems.

LPT Football: Always looking for solutions in the wrong places...

I have no idea. Those were two reporters, who I suspect know more than myself or anybody else on this board.

Welcome to The Ville ! (Even though you all ready live here lol.)

You made the right choice obviously. You didn't choose the school with a so called air raid, which doesn't include a passing game. You can catch a football. Being that you all ready live in Louisville, you all ready have the knowledge that the other school, whom's hat you chose to toss to the side like most smart recruits with talent so do, is one of the worse teams in America for decades. You don't want to be embarrassed week in and week out. So Yeah, You definitely made the right choice.

Can't wait to see you in action.

Go Cards.

I graduated from Male and I've seen him play a couple of times and wasn't blown away by him. I know he performed well at the Oregon camp last year and I think it was the Best of the Midwest this year. Time will tell if he's the player that showed up at the camps or the one that had a tendency to disappear in big games at Male

Please don't kid yourself and think that he isn't worthy of a UK scholly. What is it that you guys drink/eat that makes your fanbase so dellusional when it comes to your program?

I graduated from Male and I've seen him play a couple of times and wasn't blown away by him. I know he performed well at the Oregon camp last year and I think it was the Best of the Midwest this year. Time will tell if he's the player that showed up at the camps or the one that had a tendency to disappear in big games at Male
I did not get an opportunity to see him play last year. I assume he has good speed because UL also has been recruiting tall receivers. Did he play defense? I am always glad when the Cards get some local players.

Hey catfaforlife87 I call bull$h!t on your post. This young man would've been the greatest thing since sliced bread if he had declared for uselessakay. You had better be careful about the negative things you say about kids from Jefferson County as you, and your ilk, just may turn all of these talented players toward UofL. As if we need any help from you.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Hey catfaforlife87 I call bull$h!t on your post. This young man would've been the greatest thing since sliced bread if he had declared for uselessakay. You had better be careful about the negative things you say about kids from Jefferson County as you, and your ilk, just may turn all of these talented players toward UofL. As if we need any help from you.

UK has 5 of the top 6 players in the state committed and all of the ones we actually wanted I don't think you'll find any butthurt UK fans over in-state recruiting. Our only real competition for in-state guys the last 3 classes have been Spurrier who is 0-2 against us and Saban who is 1-3

Well you should be "butthurt". Uakay has always won the "in state recruiting battles" and look where it has gotten you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CardX
LOL..would have been all SEC if he went to UK though?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT