ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Wakefield chooses UofL

I looked up Keion's offers on Rivals.com, Scout, and ESPN.com. All three sites have him listed with an offer from UK. UK fans put so much importance on the star ratings this website produces. I guess Rivals gets everything right except offers?

If Rivals had a "blank" next to offers for UK, like it has for Oregon, I'd be the first to say you're right.

Sometimes your rival beats you out of a player. It happens.

It's absolutely true that UK fans will pump up anybody who picks us (somebody on the Lair said that Wakefield isn't even in TV Williams' league... um, what?) and play the "you can't fire me, because I quit!" when kids go elsewhere.

However, in this case, it seems like UK actually wasn't as interested in the kid as they were a year ago. This is coming from Justin Rowland, not me, as I (somewhat proud to say) don't follow CFB recruiting nearly closely enough to keep up with this kind of stuff.

Now, will he be a big time player? No idea. I think getting an in-state (or in-city) kid with other P5 offers is always generally a positive, so UofL people are right to be pumped. But I think UK fans will, in this case, trust the staff.

UK has 5 of the top 6 players in the state committed...
You landed the best of the crop of country kids in the State. Slight difference as LPT experience has shown.

LPT Football: We're not interested if the kid can't milk a cow...

I looked up Keion's offers on Rivals.com, Scout, and ESPN.com. All three sites have him listed with an offer from UK. UK fans put so much importance on the star ratings this website produces. I guess Rivals gets everything right except offers?

If Rivals had a "blank" next to offers for UK, like it has for Oregon, I'd be the first to say you're right.

Sometimes your rival beats you out of a player. It happens.

Neal Brown offered him a legit offer a long time ago. Brown left and UK was no longer an option for him. The offer stayed on his profile all this time but it was no longer accurate. Pretty easy to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ke
Neal Brown offered him a legit offer a long time ago. Brown left and UK was no longer an option for him. The offer stayed on his profile all this time but it was no longer accurate. Pretty easy to understand. You got him we no longer wanted him. If telling yourself you "stole" him from us helps you sleep by all means knock yourself out

There's nothing wrong with trusting your staffs judgement, but if he wanted to attend uk he could've committed. Some coaches stop recruiting a player when it becomes apparent that the kid is waiting on another school's offer to come.

UK has 5 of the top 6 players in the state committed and all of the ones we actually wanted I don't think you'll find any butthurt UK fans over in-state recruiting. Our only real competition for in-state guys the last 3 classes have been Spurrier who is 0-2 against us and Saban who is 1-3
You can have the ones out in the state. They've been blinded by BB goggles for decades. Give me a kid from Jefferson County every day. In fact it's funny when Stoops got Hatcher, your fans proclaimed that they now own Jefferson County.

Neal Brown offered him a legit offer a long time ago. Brown left and UK was no longer an option for him. The offer stayed on his profile all this time but it was no longer accurate. Pretty easy to understand.

Again, ESPN, Rivals, and Scout state on their websites that he has an offer from UK. I'll go with the experts. They get paid for their accuracy. Anything else at this point is just rumors, theories, or wishful thinking.

UK has 5 of the top 6 players in the state committed and all of the ones we actually wanted I don't think you'll find any butthurt UK fans over in-state recruiting. Our only real competition for in-state guys the last 3 classes have been Spurrier who is 0-2 against us and Saban who is 1-3

The horse and rifle school does not have 5 of the top 6 in the state according to Rivals (but why would you use that one?) or 247. Don't know about Scout rankings, but I suspect you might be using Curious Urinal useless agenda driven rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT