ADVERTISEMENT

Is Rozier still going pro?

Jul 31, 2008
He shouldn't because if does he will be out of the league in 2 years.
Rosier has too much to work on to be nba ready.
What ever money he needs to make the smart move would be get a degree then go NBA.

Originally posted by Franktowncard:
He shouldn't because if does he will be out of the league in 2 years.
Rosier has too much to work on to be nba ready.
What ever money he needs to make the smart move would be get a degree then go NBA.
I've read several different times that he had a special needs child and needs the money to take care of him/her.

He's going pro and it'll be up to him to make it or not. He has the potential and that's all the NBA cares about. Potential.

I'm the type of guy who always plays it safe if I had a special needs child I would get a degree then go nba. How many guys have jumped to the nba and it not work and they go broke.
How many guys have finished school and the nba didn't work out for them have still had a successful life?

Anytime someone says guys should leave early I always use Danny Manning vs Antone Walker.
Both guys had equaled talent but one finished school and one jumped to nba early. Which one is living the high life right now?

Originally posted by Franktowncard:
I'm the type of guy who always plays it safe if I had a special needs child I would get a degree then go nba. How many guys have jumped to the nba and it not work and they go broke.
How many guys have finished school and the nba didn't work out for them have still had a successful life?

Anytime someone says guys should leave early I always use Danny Manning vs Antone Walker.
Both guys had equaled talent but one finished school and one jumped to nba early. Which one is living the high life right now?
I understand what you're say Frank. I really do but life is a gamble and Terry Rozier has already (thru his coach) made his plans known. He is going pro and the NBA is ready to take him in the first round. For someone in his situation and his age, going to a job where you're going to make a few million dollars in a couple of years guaranteed with a chance it turns into hundreds of millions over the course of a career is a risk worth taking. I can't blame him. I wish him the best.

Since his move to the 2 spot,he may have fallen a bit,but he won't play 2 at the next level.He's a 6'1" point guard there.

I think he can still get back what he's lost stock wise by becoming a better facilitator at his current position.If he can prove he can make his teammates better,he goes earlier than late.

I'm all for taking care of special needs kids, but....

It's not a special needs CHILD, it's his older sister. She's 24 years old.

Now I know I might get crushed for this, but it's not necessarily like he HAS to go pro soon in order for his sister to make it.

Yes, of course, a million+ dollars would help that situation, but I don't know if that's a key reason why he MUST go pro ASAP. If Terry wanted to stay for 1 more year to improve his game, I don't think it would be detrimental to his Sisters livelihood. If it was his baby Sister and she needed special, expensive treatment to keep her alive, then yes, get your ass to the NBA immediately. But that isn't the case.

Obviously, I think Terry is good. But I just don't see this lottery pick NBA ready all-star that everyone seems to see. But then again, I'm just some shmuck on a couch.

Originally posted by Rob_deVille:
I'm all for taking care of special needs kids, but....

It's not a special needs CHILD, it's his older sister. She's 24 years old.

Now I know I might get crushed for this, but it's not necessarily like he HAS to go pro soon in order for his sister to make it.

Yes, of course, a million+ dollars would help that situation, but I don't know if that's a key reason why he MUST go pro ASAP. If Terry wanted to stay for 1 more year to improve his game, I don't think it would be detrimental to his Sisters livelihood. If it was his baby Sister and she needed special, expensive treatment to keep her alive, then yes, get your ass to the NBA immediately. But that isn't the case.

Obviously, I think Terry is good. But I just don't see this lottery pick NBA ready all-star that everyone seems to see. But then again, I'm just some shmuck on a couch.
Thanks for that info about his sister Rob. I didn't know the details. Whatever Terry decides (We've already been told he's leaving) then I'll support his decision. If he has a change of heart and returns for his junior year then that would be great for UofL. I'm just not solid it would be all that great for him. Maybe. Maybe not.

Please stop. Rozier is more than ready for the NBA. So he had a bad shooting game yesterday. It happens. Every player has work to do, but he's ready.

I think he is definitely still going. The scouts have already locked onto his potential and that was before this season started. He has had a few bad games but overall a pretty good season.

I hope he makes it .. but when there are more scouts in the stands, the smaller he plays. He needs to get over that and quick.

The question is, can Rozier improve his draft stock by coming back another year? If he's a 12 to 20th pick now, I would say that's his ceiling and he should go. If he's estimated 2nd round, he could come back to get himself as a 1st round lock. It all comes down to potential for scouts when players leave college. Does Rozier have further potential? Yes, I believe he does. Could add strength and improve understanding of the game with another year.

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
The question is, can Rozier improve his draft stock by coming back another year? If he's a 12 to 20th pick now, I would say that's his ceiling and he should go. If he's estimated 2nd round, he could come back to get himself as a 1st round lock. It all comes down to potential for scouts when players leave college. Does Rozier have further potential? Yes, I believe he does. Could add strength and improve understanding of the game with another year.
How many times does Pitino need to address this before the debate ends. Terry is going pro.

Look guys, we all know that these young men all want to go pro sooner than later. Under Pitino, we've had a several players talk how they were going pro only to come back. As the season starts these players are on NBA scout mock draft boards but that is nowhere near a binding thing. How the player progresses during the season can change that.

Remember Earl Clark? Before his sophomore season, his potential said he was gone after only two years. He ended up coming back and improved his stock a little where he became a lottery pick after his junior season. But in retrospect, he should have played four seasons of college as he has done nothing in the NBA and is out of the league. How about Samardo Samuels, who would have went pro out of HS if not for the rule. He was all over the mock drafts and look how much of a bust he has been as a NBA player. He too should have stayed for four years. And of course we all were certain Montrezl was gone after last season.

Then there are examples like Russ Smith and Twill who also expected to leave early who eventually stayed for four seasons. I don't see Terry Rozier as any different than all of the before mentioned players. He's not DeAngelo Russell. Terry if he leaves after this year in my opinion is making a mistake. It doesn't mean a thing what some of these mock drafts have him at. Once the season is over and all the players available for the draft are known, he could slide right down and off the first line. He's not some can't miss obvious 1st round player. He's not a PG. He's a shooting guard and that's how he has played in college. Now he has a lot of the little things that make him a great prospect but he doesn't have the natural tools to make him a can't miss 1st round NBA pick.

We all should know to take what Rick Pitino says about anything with a grain of salt. He's hyping Terry as going pro because that's what Terry wants. It could be due to this family issue thing, I don't know. But when the season is over and the talking starts, I'm sure Pitino will tell him what he should do. Terry's play yesterday in front of the scouts looked like he was trying to prove something. He was pressing and taking more bad shots than I've seen him all season. It looks like what's more important to him right now is his pro status. I don't know his personal life situation but I believe 85 percent of these players all need money to escape financial hardships. Unless it's a case of life and death, Terry has time to wait until he's ready to become a professional basketball player. What's two more years? He will be only 21 years old.

What really motivates me to write a post like this is all these fans who act like they know for sure what Terry's going to do. If you have inside info and have permission to reveal it, then by all means do so. But this nonsense of what mock drafts are saying means nothing. As a fan of his I want him to make the right decision. I want more Cards in the NBA instead of them falling out after a couple of years. Of course it would be great for next season but that's not as important. I just don't want him thinking he has to go because everyone thinks he was going. If it looks like he's not going to be a high 1st round pick and he hasn't hired an agent, he doesn't need to feel like he's a failure by coming back.

He hasn't played well lately. If he is a top 20 and guaranteed two million I'd say go. Stay in school if less. Learn to manage money. Get a good broker.

Terry Rozier gains NOTHING coming back to UL. Please explain to me which part of his game would/could improve? Scoring? Rebounding? Defense? He is a complete, solid, consistent player and will likely be one of the best pro players ever to come out of UL. He can score, defend, and rebound. We haven't seen a more balanced player in a very long time.

He can gain draft position. No Chris Jones and a year of development might give him a huger paycheck. I know he is gone, but there is an argument to be made for him to come back and take a chance at real riches.

Again, what part of his game is going to improve and make a big difference in his draft stock? Not saying he can't improve, but the improvement in his draft staus is likely likely nominal. Make the "argument"?

Originally posted by ACCCard:
Again, what part of his game is going to improve and make a big difference in his draft stock? Not saying he can't improve, but the improvement in his draft staus is likely likely nominal. Make the "argument"?
I'm no scout but you are asking a question so here is a possible answer.

He could improve his ball handling and passing skills - just refine that area. He can get out of control.

He needs to play PG at the next level and he's played very little at that position this year. It would not hurt him if he returned and played some PG next year and showed he could distribute, set other guys up. He's really shown none of that this year - mostly because that's really not his role.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT