ADVERTISEMENT

Intra Squad Scrimmages

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
The first one is Saturday at 130.
Gates open at noon to the public. Fans are encouraged to come out and see returning players and who might be the next newcomer to make an impact.

How bout numbers with faces?Lol
Once I get the roster I'll let you guys know.
The pitching staff stole the day imo.
Lohman,Poland,Corbett,Kuehner and Phillips.
Poland looked dominant. A more physical version of his former self, he was in control of all of his pitches.
There were some defensive gems and near hit gems and a 400 foot blast from Metzinger,the most impressive looking player on the field.
Gonna dig a little deeper on these new faces.

Someone told me the roster is not set for Fall yet. It's at 48 and getting trimmed to 40. Lots of guys playing with a lot on the line in these scrimmages.

• Sad
Reactions: PHCARD

Links​

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The University of Louisville baseball team will wrap up the third week of fall workouts with a pair of intrasquad scrimmages at Jim Patterson Stadium.

The Cardinals will take the field Thursday at 3 p.m., ET, and again on Sunday at 6 p.m., ET. Batting practice is scheduled to begin approximately 90 minutes prior to first pitch each day. Both scrimmages are free and open to the public.

Louisville's fall continues with intrasquad scrimmages tentatively scheduled throughout with the dates and times announced on a weekly basis, and will host their annual Pizza Bowl series Oct. 14-20.

Louisville entered the fall coming off its fifth NCAA College World Series appearance in 2019. The Cardinals finished the season 51-18 overall and made their deepest postseason run in program history, reaching the bracket final in Omaha.

Fans can follow Louisville baseball on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at @LouisvilleBSB.

Reactions: earsky
Doubleheader Saturday against Xavier starting at 1
Thanks for the info.
I heard last night that one of the coaches/managers got zinged in the head last weekend by a line drive. Were you there?

Thanks for the info.
I heard last night that one of the coaches/managers got zinged in the head last weekend by a line drive. Were you there?
We were there for most of the game Saturday and didn't see that. It may have happened on Sunday.
Hope he's okay.

Hoping to get over today. Coach Mac is all but pleading for fans to get out and see these guys. I sense that the players are hurting to see fans in the seats.
A couple of notes:
You can bring your own cooler and food.
Blanco is going to see a lot of action. He is one of the guys that you know is on the field. He had a top 10 defensive play,created havoc on the base paths. He will probably platoon over at 1st with either Rushing or one of the Freshmen/Redshirt Freshmen.

Reactions: PHCARD
Cards lead 6-0 bottom 6th on 2 run single by Metz and 2 run homer by Masterman.
Our pitchers have given up 2 hits over 6 innings.
Looks like a typical Xavier team.

Newcomers to the action for Cards,either brand new or redshirts:
8 - Brandon Anderson
42 - Eddie King Jr
Back to back singles to set up Metz

Cards win 8-6
Xavier bats got hot? Or our pitching went south?
They've got a really good middle of the lineup,but there were some walks and an error that fueled their comeback in the eighth inning.
Cards controlled that 1st game.
I didn't hang around for the 2nd one,but I hear there were a couple of new guys that didn't play in the 1st one that had pretty good games.
Gotta like that some of these newcomers might push for swings. Several spots look up for grabs.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocds and PHCARD
Not really going out on a limb here,but I'm thinking Poland makes the move from bullpen to weekend starter. If true,we have 2 starters(Lohman)

Prosecky or Phillips? I guess Seed isn’t going to be ready.

That was my understanding; his injury was significant enough that we likely wouldn’t see him this Spring. I’d love for that to be incorrect, but…sounded like solid intel.

The last I thing I heard on Seed was that he suffered an injury the last game he started. The injury was significant enough that if he had another surgery (he was already
coming off TJ two years prior) he would definitely be out for this coming season. He chose to rehabilitate without surgery in hopes of playing next season. It’s been a while since I’ve heard anything so I don’t know how he’s progressing. Hopefully good.

Reactions: gocds
Did Seed have off-season surgery? I have not seen him pitch unless I mistook him for somebody else.
Short answer. It looks like Prosecky. He's got the experience nod over the others.
Stay tuned...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT