ADVERTISEMENT

Infraction Rulings Released at 11am today

My 60+ years as a fan are over. Tired of it. This is it. Anybody want to buy 6 football tickets? 2 are 10 rows up 50 yard line. Others are in 213. 2 Green lot A parking passes. Also, 4 mbb tickets. 10 rows up on the aisle 101. parking pass. haven't decided about wbb. It's over. No more. Glad my father didn't live to see this year.

I would say something more cruel and unnecessary, but you've already done that by posting that you are glad your father is dead. I wish my father were still alive but that's just me.

Bye.

You won't be missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Niterider55
My 60+ years as a fan are over. Tired of it. This is it. Anybody want to buy 6 football tickets? 2 are 10 rows up 50 yard line. Others are in 213. 2 Green lot A parking passes. Also, 4 mbb tickets. 10 rows up on the aisle 101. parking pass. haven't decided about wbb. It's over. No more. Glad my father didn't live to see this year.
You were always kind of a "let me know when the sun's shining" fan anyway. As true leaders say, you always find out what a person's made of in times of adversity.

Have a good life...

Reactions: Cue Card

Ummm, what does football have to do with it? I get tossing mens bball out the door, but football has been clean.

Sanctions are over the freaking top my stomach is upsethey would .. Should have known they would do us in.

@83Cat This is extremely subjective. NO ONE can clearly say if player X didn't play the team would have lost. I don't care who it is. You could equally argue that the player being replaced by a bench player would have a better game than player X. Is it likely that happens...no. But there have been lots of instances where it has bench players have out performed a starter or two.
Big Tasty: I agree with you! I was only giving the logic that the NCAA uses when an ineligible player participates in a game. No one knows what the outcome would have been, so they make those games vanish. When those games are gone, how would the seeding committees have placed the team and also did those game prohibit a team from making the tournament? It is complicated, but any time you see games vacated, the only thing they can do it vacate along with them, any results that came about due to them as well. Look at the logic they used for Memphis and Derrick Rose. His SAT was determined ineligible so every game he played in had to be vacated and every tourney game from that. The bummer is for the players that did NOTHING wrong but are being penalized along the way.

I'll take those tix off your hands for free.

The only positive thing I heard today was there would be no more post season bans. I hope the appeals end up helping UofL in some way. I did find it interesting that all the "red flags" the NCAA said Pitino should have noticed could not be found anywhere.

Chuck Smrt just said that unless the NCAA ruling is overturned, the 2013 National Title will be vacated.

Sad days indeed. Between this and the foundation audit, just a terrible week.

I said back earlier this year that I feared they would make an example of us. Rick running the NCAA in the ground today certainly isn't going to help our appeal process any.

I think it's time to drain the swamp. Starting at the top.

Sad days indeed. Between this and the foundation audit, just a terrible week.

I said back earlier this year that I feared they would make an example of us. Rick running the NCAA in the ground today certainly isn't going to help our appeal process any.

I think it's time to drain the swamp. Starting at the top.
Sure thing Mr 5 posts. It's funny how people like you want to drain the swamp now after an over the top NCAA ruling.

Buck up junior. Louisville is going to be a Top 5 basketball team this season, the Baseball team is in their 3rd College World Series in 5 years and we have the reigning Heisman Trophy winner returning in football for a top 20 team.

Reactions: zipp and earsky
Chuck Smrt just said that unless the NCAA ruling is overturned, the 2013 National Title will be vacated.
Well, that just answered my questions on exactly what we were going to appeal. I think we are ok with the 5 games, loss of 1 scholarship for the next 4 years but if vacating wins costs us the banner, then hell yes, we need to appeal.

Well, that just answered my questions on exactly what we were going to appeal. I think we are ok with the 5 games, loss of 1 scholarship for the next 4 years but if vacating wins costs us the banner, then hell yes, we need to appeal.

UofL will likely appeal everything. The university feels like the self imposed penalties addressed the infractions based on prior precedent. The kangaroo court and their arbitrary ruling went far past this.

Sure thing Mr 5 posts. It's funny how people like you want to drain the swamp now after an over the top NCAA ruling.

Buck up junior. Louisville is going to be a Top 5 basketball team this season, the Baseball team is in their 3rd College World Series in 5 years and we have the reigning Heisman Trophy winner returning in football for a top 20 team.

So because I don't post a lot my opinion doesn't mean as much as yours?

Look, I am not saying they haven't done a good job over the years but at what point are we going to quit making excuses for this kind of stuff?

Doesn't matter, I think the Board of Directors have about had enough.

Not sure of our chances of winning an appeal but to any objective person out there, the penalty seems unduly harsh especially the vacated wins.

Lots of valuable lessons learned. Time to move forward after the appeal.

Just a reminder that Duke refused to cooperate regarding Lance Thomas dropping $30K cash and getting a $68k loan for jewelry during Duke's 2010 title season and guess what? It went away.

The precedent has been set with Duke and UNC. No school should ever cooperate with the NCAA and I'd limit access to everything as well.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Doesn't matter, I think the Board of Directors have about had enough.

Sounds like Papa John BS.

So the Board of Directors just now have had enough because of the ruling? They've known what did and didn't go down for the better part of the last year and a half.

Why now all the phony outrage?

Sounds like Papa John BS.

So the Board of Directors just now have had enough because of the ruling? They've known what did and didn't go down for the better part of the last year and a half.

Why now all the phony outrage?

The same reason companies only act when it's popular to join the pitchfork-filled mob.

Reactions: Louisvillian
To think the appeals people will side with U of l is now pretty much thinking you are going to find that needle in a haystack not gonna happen. I'm just going to pray we have a helluva BB season. Cause i just see us being screwed again just amazing we would be the team to get made a example of it's sickening.

I wonder when the NCAA made their final decision on the sanctions didn't hear one reporter ask that. Reason being that Audit crap that came out the other week. just makes me wonder if any of that played a part because the school looked like their was no control whatsoever from that audit.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
I certainly want that if he would tell the truth. That's all I want out of this mess. I want the truth. We haven't been told the whole truth here and that's the most frustrating part. Right now it's just a bunch of finger pointing, and the NCAA overstepping its authority - again.
I second that!!

Reactions: earsky
Whats Louisville got too lose now Rick did what he felt didnt hold back. And this memories cant be taken away crap doesn't help the image long term of this school. Who wants to be known as the only school to get a banner removed. Considering the many past bad deeds of other schools in the past that it hadn't happen too. I just feel we are done. I followed this 2013 team on the road during NCAA tourney and it hurts even more too think it is coming down even though i saw this team do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT