ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't think I could hate UK more

I could respond the UK trolls but F that. But I don't know if I can hate UK as much as I did in the late '90s, when they seemed to luck out and play weak also-rans (except for the 1998 Duke team, whom they beat on a miracle) to go far in the tourney (sound familiar). Notre Dame is a hell of a team but UK got lucky as always. I think if Wisky can follow the blueprint ND set and prepare for any adjustments UK will make, they stand a good chance. But watching UK keep on lucking out (like they did last year and have done this year) is more annoying than dealing with stomach cramps. It's like the Almighty hates UK haters.

We won't miss you..
laugh.r191677.gif
signed Big Blue Nation..
Originally posted by 83UofLCards83:
I give you all credit for living well those incredible a**holes that call them UK fans. At this point if they do win the title I honestly might not step foot anywhere in Kentucky (even including Louisville) for several years. I literally would love to see the entire state outside of the Louisville area burn to the ground. Burn it and start over.

This post was edited on 3/28 11:25 PM by 83UofLCards83

Originally posted by BigBluuDog:
We won't miss you..
laugh.r191677.gif
signed Big Blue Nation..
Originally posted by 83UofLCards83:
I give you all credit for living well those incredible a**holes that call them UK fans. At this point if they do win the title I honestly might not step foot anywhere in Kentucky (even including Louisville) for several years. I literally would love to see the entire state outside of the Louisville area burn to the ground. Burn it and start over.

This post was edited on 3/28 11:25 PM by 83UofLCards83
Why don't get go SuCk on a bigbluubone!
This post was edited on 3/30 8:23 AM by Deeva

Originally posted by gamester990:
No offense you can't call out Coach Cal for being slimey when your own head coach is Rick Pitino. Cmon now.
Get over yourself. Rick Pitino has more class in his baby toe than Cow has in his whole body. And that's a lot of body...moo!
This post was edited on 3/30 8:38 AM by Deeva

Originally posted by Deeva:

No offense you can't call out Coach Cal for being slimey when your own head coach is Rick Pitino. Cmon now.
Get over yourself. Rick Pitino has more class in his baby toe than Cow has in his whole body. And that's s lot of body...moo!
So it is class to have an affair on your wife and then pay the woman to have an abortion? Wow take off your red tinted goggles.

Originally posted by Deeva:

Get over yourself. Rick Pitino has more class in his baby toe than Cow has in his whole body. And that's s lot of body...moo!
So it is class to have an affair on your wife and then pay the woman to have an abortion? Wow take off your red tinted goggles.
I will if you will take off your blue tinted goggles. Your current coach was screwing his current wife when she was married to another man. If you're going to judge Pitino for his mistake, then judge Calipari for his too. Calipari married a woman who cheated on her ex-husband. Why doesn't that outrage your moral compass like Pitino's mistake does?

And I suppose you have proof of this? There's no question of CRP's indiscretions. You are merely repeating innuendos about Coach Calipari. But I guess facts are optional in the red bird world.

Originally posted by UKGrad83:
And I suppose you have proof of this? There's no question of CRP's indiscretions. You are merely repeating innuendos about Coach Calipari. But I guess facts are optional in the red bird world.
Prove it wrong and if it's wrong then I'll admit it's wrong. Until then.................................Here's a name for you to digest.

Ellen Higgins is a former secretary in the Kansas Athletic business office. She was married to Kansas and
Los Angeles Rams football star Nolan Cromwell.

Ellen Higgins is now Ellen Calipari.
2+2?

This post was edited on 3/30 10:48 AM by Cue Card

Won't argue that Ellen was married to Nolan but ask yourself, why would someone that was married to a very successful NFL player be working in the athletic department? They were obviously separated at that point, at least. Can I prove they didn't sleep together before the divorce was finalized? No, but I didn't make the claim that they had, you did. Proof is what you need to offer, not rumors.

A portion of their fanbase is impossible to co-exist with and their head coach has zero humility, and then there is the WWW /Calipari relationship that gives off a dirty bath water feel that can't be shaken or admired from a distance.

Their players have never really been an issue of course all teams might have one or two guys now and then that aren't admired, but that is more of a universal thing than UK thing.

Their fans to make it difficult, and with the explosion of the internet it gave many of them an ability to hide behind the keyboard and produce awful POV's with no repurcussions. I typically place those on ignore immediately now so they have become inconsequential.

It doesn't feel like there's a national rally (eliminate ESPN they are tied to their product) for their quest for perfection so for whatever reason the Louisville fan POV doesn't seem to be a minority. Of course many of their fans consider that haters and jealousy but the reality is there is something about what's going on with UK that is not universally admired. Their fans have different stances on that but I think deep down many cling to wins but are disappointed in the overall lack of admiration they are given from outsiders. It's why they want UNC torn down and point to "how" Duke does things too - it's a defense mechanism. They are aware that "how" they do things isn't overly collegiate but they are winning and that trumps all else.

Because of their current regime the cool thing to do is flip off 4 yr players and look at things from an NBA career perspective, as if guys like John Pelphrey and Sean Woods don't have their jerseys in rafters for a reason.

They hate Pitino because they just have to, how he could take this job is really something. Of course he rescued them from the ashes but today that is in the rear view mirror.

A guy like Wayne Blackshear plays 4 years here. His individual numbers didn't warrant the early entry to the NBA so he responds by being a team player and 2nd Team Academic All-American. This player has been bashed his entire career by a few of our own but all of their fans. UK won't have success stories like WB's and Louisville will continue to have WB's as long as things stay the same.

They bash Pitino's personal life as if that mistake renders him incapable of leading young men and impacting their lives in a positive way. He employs former players, does business with them in the business world, and maintains very close relationships with many of them well after their careers are over. Yet, let's talk about restaurant tables because it fits the hate agenda. The same people that knock Pitino for doing whatever he did probably do the same thing in their own personal life, or even worse, their significant other is doing it to them without their knowledge. Oh boy!!!

They can have their system I'll enjoy ours.
This post was edited on 3/30 11:34 AM by Ipartiedwithhopgood

Originally posted by Cue Card:
Prove it wrong and if it's wrong then I'll admit it's wrong. Until then.................................Here's a name for you to digest.

Ellen Higgins is a former secretary in the Kansas Athletic business office. She was married to Kansas and

2+2?

I don't care about Rick's or John's personal love life and/or indiscretions... that has NOTHING to do with coaching or basketball. But since you asked about proof, the burden of proof is on the accuser, not defendant. Even with that, a cursory search will turn up this article:

After going to Kansas, he worked for three seasons from 1982-85 and met his wife, Ellen Higgins, a secretary in the athletics department who formerly had been married to Kansas and Los Angeles Rams football star Nolan Cromwell.

Read more: http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/college/s_631408.html#ixzz3VsnEYO00
Follow us: triblive on Facebook

It was appear she was divorced prior to hooking up with John. If you are really interested, you could probably do a public records search and correlate dates... but that would take time and dedication.

Won't argue that Ellen was married to Nolan but ask yourself, why would someone that was married to a very successful NFL player be working in the athletic department? They were obviously separated at that point, at least. Can I prove they didn't sleep together before the divorce was finalized? No, but I didn't make the claim that they had, you did. Proof is what you need to offer, not rumors.
Well lets clarify something here. When Nolan Cromwell was playing professional football, the NFL wasn't paying millions of dollars a year in salary. As a matter of fact, He played professional football from 1977 to 1987 and his very last year (1987), scheduled to get a pay raise to $400,000 which got cut in half, so he asked for and got his release hoping to sign with someone else. That never happened.

Ellen split up with Nolan in 82, and Calipari went to Kansas in what year again? 1982? 1982 is a very interesting year. That's the SAME year the NFL went out on strike so there was no money coming in from Nolan due to that fact. Weird huh? Some would think that maybe that's why Ellen was working but hey, what do I know? Maybe she was just bored and didn't really need to work.

Calipari married Ellen in 1986. 2 plus 2 has always added up to 4 in every school I've ever attended. Maybe you were educated differently. I think those two hit it off once Ellen saw her other gravy train drying up.

Originally posted by OneEarWonder:

2+2?

I don't care about Rick's or John's personal love life and/or indiscretions... that has NOTHING to do with coaching or basketball. But since you asked about proof, the burden of proof is on the accuser, not defendant. Even with that, a cursory search will turn up this article:

After going to Kansas, he worked for three seasons from 1982-85 and met his wife, Ellen Higgins, a secretary in the athletics department who formerly had been married to Kansas and Los Angeles Rams football star Nolan Cromwell.

Read more: http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/college/s_631408.html#ixzz3VsnEYO00

It was appear she was divorced prior to hooking up with John. If you are really interested, you could probably do a public records search and correlate dates... but that would take time and dedication.
1982 being the key in that statement along with the formerly had been married to. When exactly did those two hook up and when exactly did Nolan and Ellen split up? That's right, 1982. I don't really care either, but I'm just tired of reading the high moral outrage over what Pitino did while the BBN in general wants to overlook the sanctions, the vacated final 4's and Calipari's own skeletons in his own closet. It's the very definition of hypocrisy and I'm sick of reading it.

1982 being the key in that statement along with the formerly had been married to. When exactly did those two hook up and when exactly did Nolan and Ellen split up? That's right, 1982. I don't really care either, but I'm just tired of reading the high moral outrage over what Pitino did while the BBN in general wants to overlook the sanctions, the vacated final 4's and Calipari's own skeletons in his own closet. It's the very definition of hypocrisy and I'm sick of reading it.
Yes, she divorced in 1982. I don't know when they separated, which could have been sooner or not, nor do I care. Maybe Cal broke up their marriage or maybe he helped pick her up after her divorce.. I can't say for sure, but that should not matter either.

I agree that the "moral outrage" is unfounded and ridiculous. What does it have to with basketball or coaching?

Yes, she divorced in 1982. I don't know when they separated, which could have been sooner or not, nor do I care. Maybe Cal broke up their marriage or maybe he helped pick her up after her divorce.. I can't say for sure, but that should not matter either.

I agree that the "moral outrage" is unfounded and ridiculous. What does it have to with basketball or coaching?
Other than the vacated final 4's and the entire vacated season in Memphis history, nothing related to basketball at all.

It has absolutely nothing to do with either one but it makes for an easy argument for someone wanting to claim "my school is better than yours". You can see I don't post much and try not to get baited into futile arguments but wanted to insert what I consider a little bit of accuracy in the thread. We all know that each school has it's pros and cons (no pun intended but, wow, that one is a low hanging fruit) but most can agree there is mutual hatred and we are going to go to great lengths to cast the other school as slimey, cheating, low life, no good, etc. Geez, I just flashed back to the clown scene in Uncle Buck.

The travesty would have been if this UofL team waltzed through to the FF on a road of pansies and actually convinced themselves their season was on the same level as UK.

2+2?

He didn't commit adultery. He didn't (according to the NCAA) break any NCAA bylaws. I would love to see someone actually come up with something substantial but these are not it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT