ADVERTISEMENT

How do we not hit stadium capacity in that game?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

the artist FKA zipp

4500+
Gold Member
May 29, 2022
59,081 vs Notre Dame under just about ideal conditions. (St. James Art Fair apologists please step up to the mic...)

And sitting across the stadium, you could see where the unsold two thousand seats were--the upper reaches of the horseshoe and Flight Deck.

I hope the law firm that--based on its many in-game promotions--was apparently promised a sellout, doesn't turn around and try to sue us for misrepresentation. U of L was hyping this game as "sold out" even while still trying to unload tickets. LINK

But I ask myself how does this happen, that even THIS administration can't sell out the 69th largest stadium in the nation (LINK) for the most attractive opponent on its schedule...ever.

And then I gaze again at an empty wall in the renovated Angel's Envy Club, a place where for almost a decade we commemorated the "Year of the Cardinal." I'm reminded of the fact that the same people responsible for selling football tickets still don't get it. Even a casual internet search of those four words in sequence returns hit after hit of a unique confluence of U of L athletics events that this regime would prefer not to memorialize. A club renovation gave them just the right opportunity for that.

For those who prefer waiting for that still-elusive stadium sellout, let us know when we can expect Year of the Cardinal 2.0...

Last edited:
59,081 vs Notre Dame under just about ideal conditions. (St. James Art Fair apologists please step up to the mic...)

And sitting across the stadium, you could see where the unsold two thousand seats were--the upper reaches of the horseshoe and Flight Deck.

I hope the law firm that--based on its many in-game promotions--was apparently promised a sellout, doesn't turn around and try to sue us for misrepresentation. U of L was hyping this game as "sold out" even while still trying to unload tickets. LINK

But I ask myself how does this happen, that even THIS administration can't sell out the 69th largest stadium in the nation (LINK) for the most attractive opponent on its schedule...ever.

And then I gaze again at an empty wall in the renovated Angel's Envy Club, a place where for almost a decade we commemorated the "Year of the Cardinal." I'm reminded of the fact that the same people responsible for selling football tickets still don't get it. Even a casual internet search of those four words in sequence returns hit after hit of a unique confluence of U of L athletics events that this regime would prefer not to memorialize. A club renovation gave them just the right opportunity for that.

For those who prefer waiting for that still-elusive stadium sellout, let us know when we can expect Year of the Cardinal 2.0...
We had a lot of rain yesterday here in Connecticut. Just a crappy day. You couldn’t really do much outside. Just another example of the failures of the new administration. Jurich and Ramsey would have fixed the weather. I miss all those sunny days we had……..
Sheesh. Just be happy we won.

Reactions: BPGhost and Sawyer

Hahahahaha, what a joke of a post. I'm with you a lot zip, but this is a stretch. TCU had an undefeated season last year, with everything on the line, in the football capital of the world, last game of the season against Iowa St. as a home game and their attendance was 44,846. Oh wait their capacity is 47,000. But I ask myself how does THAT administration not sell THAT game out??? 😏 Try again for attention and GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: rh62531
Hahahahaha, what a joke of a post. I'm with you a lot zip, but this is a stretch. TCU had an undefeated season last year, with everything on the line, in the football capital of the world, last game of the season against Iowa St. as a home game and their attendance was 44,846. Oh wait their capacity is 47,000. But I ask myself how does THAT administration not sell THAT game out??? 😏 Try again for attention and GO CARDS!!!
Iowa State does not equal Notre Dame in the national TV spotlight. We can't get 50K for any other team at the moment...

Reactions: tmjurich
Iowa State does not equal Notre Dame in the national TV spotlight. We can't get 50K for any other team at the moment...
Playing for a spot in the conference championship and CFP Playoffs > Notre Lame. Perhaps if this was 1993, then ok maybe that Iowa St. fans could argue the point, but nah, I'll pick the possibility of 2 ships over Notre Shame any day.

I'm in the PNC club ever seat around me was gone. They didn't even scan my tickets going into the stadium. That was the best damn atmosphere for a Louisville game since that West Virginia game and I believe 2006

It was a sellout. The place was packed. The only tickets for sale were those bring resold.
The seats that were open, and with the makeup of the stadium, those seats are going to always be open, and it’s because those fans are the social fans that like to be there enjoying the environment but they prefer to stand on the flight deck or in one of the many bar areas and talk while watching on the many TV monitors or big screens!
Zip just stop… please and thank you 👍

Reported attendance is total tickets SOLD. U of L reports its own ticket sales. 59K isn’t my number or anyone else’s.

And the empty seats were in exactly the locations you expect. Thankfully, we had 10K or so Notre Dame fans picking up our slack.

We weren’t sold out for the best team and circumstances on our schedule. It’s not an enormous stadium, and not selling out big games wasn’t a problem we used to have.

No excuses that supporters of this administration can honestly make…

I sure didn’t take long to close that circle. “The current administration sucks and will also suck in comparison to my lord and savior, Mr. Tom Jurich.”

You too can use it as creatively as the ole zipper.

Car insurance go up? Another failure of UofL’s administration.

Marge forget to pack your PB&J for work? Just another victim of the lack of foresight by the UofL administration.

Flat tire? Clown Show.

Football team 6-0 and ranked in the top 15? “I saw a few empty seats!”

Pathetic.

He might ask you the very same question. 😂
The OP is full of facts. That guy chose to make it personal, like you and so many others lacking facts.

Any idea where they relocated our YOTC display? I’m guessing the dumpster fire got it.

Also heard from someone who would know that the in-game NIL promotion was 99% prearranged. Which jives with the number of people I saw not scanning the QR code.

These guys excel at everything…

Last edited:
I watched the replay of the Ga. SUKs game. The announcers made a point of how many consecutive sellouts Ga. has had. Yet, when they scanned the stands do you know what they showed??? Yep, empty seats!!! Guess that damned Ga. athletics department is just a freaking Clown Show!! Clearly, Ga. football will never amount to anything!!

The OP is full of facts. That guy chose to make it personal, like you and so many others lacking facts.

Any idea where they relocated our YOTC display? I’m guessing the dumpster fire got it.

Also heard from someone who would know that the in-game NIL promotion was 99% prearranged. Which jives with the number of people I saw not scanning the QR code.

Last night was nothing but a huge victory for the players, coaches, athletic dept, university and community as a whole. Why be negative about that? It’s a huge step toward improving things.

Since a guy not named Jurich is the athletic director, you can’t be happy with the big win? Where do your loyalties lie?

Last night was nothing but a huge victory for the players, coaches, athletic dept, university and community as a whole. Why be negative about that? It’s a huge step toward improving things.

Since a guy not named Jurich is the athletic director, you can’t be happy with the big win? Where do your loyalties lie?
Some are only joyous when they are spreading negativity! I seriously can’t understand that mindset but if being miserable is your thing…go for it!

Your jackass former AD that you dry hump to thinking about expanded a stadium twice when once was probably enough. Just a decade or so ago we were struggling to fill a 42,000 seat stadium and now you're pissed about 59,000? How many other programs across the nation have had that % increase in attendance in the past decade or so? But hey keep on humping to the thought of the former AD who wanted to be bigger than UK so bad he expanded the stadium a second time.

Other than that...sorry you couldn't enjoy the night last night. Fans around here are sick of you crap and people laugh at you constantly. Go hold another banner outside the president's office....maybe you can get more than 1 other person to help you this time?

HA! GO CARDS

giphy.gif

Reported attendance is total tickets SOLD. U of L reports its own ticket sales. 59K isn’t my number or anyone else’s.

And the empty seats were in exactly the locations you expect. Thankfully, we had 10K or so Notre Dame fans picking up our slack.

We weren’t sold out for the best team and circumstances on our schedule. It’s not an enormous stadium, and not selling out big games wasn’t a problem we used to have.

You twist things to suit your agenda. You’re a negative unhappy person. Not going to ruin one of the greatest home game atmospheres I’ve ever experienced. It was a packed house men’s bathroom line was a mile long lol
But it was a great memorable game! We’re 6 & 0 - and I couldn’t be any happier today. I’m sorry you are sad and miserable… it wouldn’t matter if there were 2 people in every seat… bro you would still be crying! You’re a loser… move to Lexington! Good bye 😂😂

Reactions: BPGhost and rh62531
Priceless. This is all timer. Blame the administration for the largest crowd in the history of the program. Yeah people didn’t come because they don’t support the administration what a stretch. For a smart guy this was his dumbest take.

It is such a stupid take because the truth is fans truly don’t give a shit about an AD unless that AD whiffs on hires.

Jesus what a loser.

Last edited:
I watched the replay of the Ga. SUKs game. The announcers made a point of how many consecutive sellouts Ga. has had. Yet, when they scanned the stands do you know what they showed??? Yep, empty seats!!! Guess that damned Ga. athletics department is just a freaking Clown Show!! Clearly, Ga. football will never amount to anything!!
Empty seats mean nothing. Tickets sold—announced attendance—by definition tells you whether the game is sold out. We announced 2,000 less than capacity. NOT a sellout…

False narrative. Facts make me happy, and thanks for your concern.

Among those facts, a true sellout—not one simply declared—and an intact YOTC display would help…

"A foolish consistency is the hobglobin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your jackass former AD that you dry hump to thinking about expanded a stadium twice when once was probably enough. Just a decade or so ago we were struggling to fill a 42,000 seat stadium and now you're pissed about 59,000? How many other programs across the nation have had that % increase in attendance in the past decade or so? But hey keep on humping to the thought of the former AD who wanted to be bigger than UK so bad he expanded the stadium a second time.

Other than that...sorry you couldn't enjoy the night last night. Fans around here are sick of you crap and people laugh at you constantly. Go hold another banner outside the president's office....maybe you can get more than 1 other person to help you this time?

HA! GO CARDS
The former AD had no trouble filling arenas and stadiums. He built them ever larger and with better amenities because that equated to more revenue.

Clowns now in charge lower the bar and smear facts like attendance when they fall short. Last night was not a sellout because they have a tough time selling tickets and raising revenue in other ways.

It was a great game that everyone there will remember. All 59,000 of us…

You twist things to suit your agenda. You’re a negative unhappy person. Not going to ruin one of the greatest home game atmospheres I’ve ever experienced. It was a packed house men’s bathroom line was a mile long lol
But it was a great memorable game! We’re 6 & 0 - and I couldn’t be any happier today. I’m sorry you are sad and miserable… it wouldn’t matter if there were 2 people in every seat… bro you would still be crying! You’re a loser… move to Lexington! Good bye 😂😂
Thanks for the advice. I’ve probably been a fan longer than you’ve been alive. Stop by my tailgate sometime where happiness reigns…

I think I’ll pass. I can’t imagine a tailgate discussing the admin and UofL finan. My UofL fandom began in the 70’s loved watching Nathan Pool running the football!
One UofL fan to another., on these sports boards… let’s talk some positive football. The futures bright let’s enjoy it while we can. We are both not getting any younger 😉

Reactions: earsky
The former AD had no trouble filling arenas and stadiums.

No trouble filling stadiums??? Let's use the year of the cardinal since that's the one you like to reference and one of the former AD"s best football seasons. The average attendance that year (and remember you said attendance is tickets SOLD in an above post) was 49,991 in 7 games. I believe that is less than the capacity of the stadium was. So since we are sticking to facts...as you like to do....your statement above "the former AD had no trouble filling arenas and stadiums" is factually wrong! And that was one of our best seasons ever.

Relax man...you look foolish and Tom isn't coming back no matter how many times you hold a banner outside the UL offices begging them to "save tom"

Reactions: BPGhost
No trouble filling stadiums??? Let's use the year of the cardinal since that's the one you like to reference and one of the former AD"s best football seasons. The average attendance that year (and remember you said attendance is tickets SOLD in an above post) was 49,991 in 7 games. I believe that is less than the capacity of the stadium was. So since we are sticking to facts...as you like to do....your statement above "the former AD had no trouble filling arenas and stadiums" is factually wrong! And that was one of our best seasons ever.

Relax man...you look foolish and Tom isn't coming back no matter how many times you hold a banner outside the UL offices begging them to "save tom"
Oh and one more thing....the final home game of the 2006 season with a BCS bowl on the line....Dec 2, 2006 a day that got up to 43 degrees with 0 precep that day had an announced attendance of 38,476. So seems to me on one of the biggest home games ever with a BCS game on the line your boy had trouble filling a stadium. That was a heck of a game too.

Big East and Conference USA visiting crowds brought absolutely no one. Other than West Virginia and sometimes Cincinnati. ACC visiting crowds aren’t that much better. ND didn’t even bring their marching band and they usually bring that band along for EVERY road game. It isn’t like Louisville is that far away for a bus ride.

Reactions: SoulSr and rh62531
That stadium should have been 50,OOO seats max. That’s why you can’t fill it up.

Priceless. This is all timer. Blame the administration for the largest crowd in the history of the program. Yeah people didn’t come because they don’t support the administration what a stretch. For a smart guy this was his dumbest take.

It is such a stupid take because the truth is fans truly don’t give a shit about an AD unless that AD whiffs on hires.

Jesus what a loser.
The AD is responsible for money. Speaking of losers, ours loses it. Every ticket needs to be sold until we’re back in the black.

That was 91% of capacity in 2013. No north end zone expansion, no Adidas Club, less amenities. When has this regime averaged 90+% of capacity for ANY season?

You’re also cherry picking. The four highest attendance seasons were over the years 2010-2017. That’s why the stadium was expanded in 2018. The new guys simply can’t come close to filling it unless the opposing team brings 10-15K fans. It’s sad.

I wouldn’t ever suggest that Jurich comes back to manage this mess. Stop bringing his name up…

Last edited:
Oh and one more thing....the final home game of the 2006 season with a BCS bowl on the line....Dec 2, 2006 a day that got up to 43 degrees with 0 precep that day had an announced attendance of 38,476. So seems to me on one of the biggest home games ever with a BCS game on the line your boy had trouble filling a stadium. That was a heck of a game too.
That was 92% of capacity against the mighty UConn Huskies. LOL…

The AD is responsible for money. Speaking of losers, ours loses it. Every ticket needs to be sold until we’re back in the black.

That was 91% of capacity in 2013. No north end zone expansion, no Adidas Club, less amenities. When has this regime averaged 90+% of capacity for ANY season?

You’re also cherry picking. The four highest attendance seasons were over the years 2010-2017. That’s why the stadium was expanded in 2018. The new guys simply can’t come close to filling it unless the opposing team brings 10-15K fans. It’s sad.

I wouldn’t ever suggest that Jurich comes back to manage this mess. Stop bringing his name up…
Zipp-you are over simplifying. Jurich always envisioned the program being bigger than it was that was his genius. The stadium size it too big for this fanbase except for a couple of games a year.

To fill this stadium multiple factors are in play. The coach has to be really good. The team has to be good-great. The opponent has to be legit. The opponents fan base has to travel. The athletic department has to sell the excitement. The ACC teams don’t travel for the most part. The AD can only control who runs the program and the marketing. He can’t control the quality of the program and if their fanbase travels.

I am sure you went to the game you that environment was electric and the game was even better.

VilleCardS02:

If you disagree with Zipp, that is fine; but denigrating TJ and his past administration is misdirected.

Personally, I do not believe it is incumbent upon any AD to assume responsibility for who shows up for an event. I do expect the Administration to provide the opportunity, and to accommodate as many as decide to purchase tickets and attend.

There are a lot of UL fans like myself that went to every home game for decades, but at 73 years old, I prefer to watch on TV ……. no one should blame the ADMINISTRATION for those who did not attend the game.

Quit worrying about the attendance, as beating the opponent week in and week out is the way to build support for the school. Look at Clemson, Michigan, OSU, Alabama, etc …… they continue to pack their respective stadiums because they continue to win. UL football has enjoyed intermittent success over the past, but regrettably we have not sustained it; that might change with the Brohms regardless who is the AD.

Reactions: Mayoman and SoulSr
VilleCardS02:

If you disagree with Zipp, that is fine; but denigrating TJ and his past administration is misdirected.

Personally, I do not believe it is incumbent upon any AD to assume responsibility for who shows up for an event. I do expect the Administration to provide the opportunity, and to accommodate as many as decide to purchase tickets and attend.

There are a lot of UL fans like myself that went to every home game for decades, but at 73 years old, I prefer to watch on TV ……. no one should blame the ADMINISTRATION for those who did not attend the game.

Quit worrying about the attendance, as beating the opponent week in and week out is the way to build support for the school. Look at Clemson, Michigan, OSU, Alabama, etc …… they continue to pack their respective stadiums because they continue to win. UL football has enjoyed intermittent success over the past, but regrettably we have not sustained it; that might change with the Brohms regardless who is the AD.
The last thing I'm worried about is attendance. That environment the other night is the best we've had in this stadium in my opinion.

The OP is the one who can't get over new leadership and is "worried about attendance". His crap is old and everyone here is done putting up with it.

I had to learn this myself but Zipp doesn't believe the crap he spews, he lives on starting arguments. He loves to debate. I see him in front of his computer at night with his pants down with one hand on his junk and the other on the keyboard... Probably will be banned for life for this but it is what it is. Only a miserable person who claims to be a "fan" enjoys the banter of arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT