ADVERTISEMENT

Hedge And Doubling

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Cards consistently get beat when the bigs go out and hedge and try to double on that high screen. Duke passed to the open man repeatedly for easy buckets.

I didn't like the hedge with Mack and I still don't like it now. But this goes back to poor overall defense and lack of communication.

Reactions: SoulSr
Last night was especially bad. It looked like Duke was holding a glorified walkthrough on offense for most of their possessions particularly in the 1st half. 2nd was near or just as bad.

I thought the double and trapping on the guards out top was unnecessary and bad scheme against Duke especially when it was proven to be ineffective. I get trying to take away something or disrupting the offense to generate some pressure or force a turnover… but the help D, rotations, communication and just overall awareness on defense is pathetic. On or off the ball defense is bad. Sad really.

Many times I could not tell if they were in man, matchup zone or some type of 1-3-1 zone. It’s difficult because I’m not sure they have 1 guy that can guard M2M. KP is trying to disguise and hide their deficiencies on defense with some of the stuff he’s doing.

I’m really surprised more teams to do not run more backdoor cuts on them. Duke’s passing and ball movement/spacing was crisp against that defense. So crisp that every player that played had at least 1 assist.

Reactions: shadow force
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT