ADVERTISEMENT

Grissom resigns from board

giphy.gif

Who will appoint the new member? Bevin of course if he wins or Breashear if he wins? I don't think the governor gets sworn in until the fifth Tuesday after his election. If so, if Bevin is defeated will he be able to leave a board member of his choosing?

Who will appoint the new member? Bevin of course if he wins or Breashear if he wins? I don't think the governor gets sworn in until the fifth Tuesday after his election. If so, if Bevin is defeated will he be able to leave a board member of his choosing?

If Breshear wins, he could probably remove him and replace him with his own choice.

I'm not voting based on our BoT

Ky has bigger problems than that.
I’m out of state so I don’t get to vote. However, don’t underestimate the importance of UofL in the state’s largest city. The two are closely related and a healthy university leads to a healthy city of Louisville, and in turn a healthy state. Both research universities are key to building the state.

Effective Dec 1
I know that this will not be popular but David Grissom is probably one of the smartest prople that we have had at the University of Louisville to aid in our restructuring of our administration including our athletic department. While he may have not been "mister personality", what has been accomplished is remarkable and will serve us well for years to come. Maybe his leaving now is the right thing to do, but this type of intellect is rare and valuable.

I know that this will not be popular but David Grissom is probably one of the smartest prople that we have had at the University of Louisville to aid in our restructuring of our administration including our athletic department. While he may have not been "mister personality", what has been accomplished is remarkable and will serve us well for years to come. Maybe his leaving now is the right thing to do, but this type of intellect is rare and valuable.

New poster huh......
Is that you Grissom............

IIRC, the board has to be politically balanced based on party affiliation, so the replacement has to keep that balance regardless of who picks them.

Obviously, they can lean either way in their actual decision making, but I believe it's based on which party they're registered with.

JP

Thank you Mrs. Grissom.

He’s definitely intelligent - too bad he couldn’t see past the agenda he formed before he was even named. People too stuck in their agenda to see what else is happening around them are the worst.

He’s definitely intelligent - too bad he couldn’t see past the agenda he formed before he was even named. People too stuck in their agenda to see what else is happening around them are the worst.
Hmmmmm.... talking about anybody we know?

Not new. Probable much older than you.

I think you miss that under your name it says 'new poster'.

Oh and Grissom can be extremely intelligent and still be a prick. I venture to say that more fans feel one way versus the other about old Grissom.

He's done all of the damage he could do.

NOW let's see if the clowns succeeding him UNDO any of that damage...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT