ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Tech opens at -3.5 favorite

Oct 15, 2009
Georgia Tech is going to come into Cardinal Stadium as the favorite.

Has BP lost this team? Serious question.

It’s going to be tough for this team to bounce back after the loss they took to FSU. Lackluster crowd...

If the Cards do not have early success, I think GT could run them at home.

Reactions: wilkie01
ESPN and Sagarin both have us losing.

hotseat-placeholdersize1-390x238.jpg

Bobby Petrino!

I'm mixed on this one. Line is up GT -4.5. The offense did appear to find some type of rhythm... I'm not sure the Cards defense can contain the edge on GT's running game and get them off the field on 3rd downs. How or can the Cards bounce back off of that deflating loss to FSU?

GT likes to milk the clock which may ill limit the Cards offensive possessions.

Cards in a squeaker or GT by 10+. Not sure which way to go yet.

We need at least 28 points imo. Our defense is adequate, and apparently BVG has some magic formula for defending the triple option. We can hold them to 27 or less.. we just need 28. I'm not predicting we'll see it.. but I think that's what we'll need.

Yeah line is up to 4.5 now
I've been known to make a bet or two, but usually not on or against the Cards. Tbs, they fit the mold of a team I would bet against early in the season, thinking these guys suck so bad, I'll rack up betting against them all year... And then they start to improve and I start to eat my shirt, until I stop betting against them.

That's how I see this team. Punching bag early that gets back up on its feet and starts to land some punches itself.

Line is up to 5 now....but I do like the cards to cover and quite possibly win by at least 4

Louisville and Georgia Tech have never played, and to my knowledge Bobby Petrino has never coached against them.

Well then that makes it a two way street doesn’t it. The game depends on (ironically) our defense instead of our offense in my opinion.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Well then that makes it a two way street doesn’t it. The game depends on (ironically) our defense instead of our offense in my opinion.

I believe Van Gorder was hired in part because of his extensive experience against this offense, having coached against Navy every year and Georgia Tech at least once as the DC at Notre Dame.

I have also heard that Mike Summers has a lot of experience coaching this type of offense at Northern Illinois in the late 1980's.

This seems like a crazy factoid but I think Kelly Dickey said UofL has never beaten a team from Georgia in football.

This seems like a crazy factoid but I think Kelly Dickey said UofL has never beaten a team from Georgia in football.

I did not know that ... but THIS is pretty cool. Georgia Tech is not quite what they once were in football, but they are a storied program:

"One of the most successful college football programs over a long history, the Yellow Jackets have won four national championships across four different decades (1917, 1928, 1952, 1990) as well as sixteen conference titles. Among the team’s former coaches are John Heisman, for whom the Heisman Trophy is named, and Bobby Dodd, for whom the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award and the school’s stadium are named. Heisman led the team to the most lopsided game in football history, 222–0, and both Heisman and Dodd led Tech’s football team to national championships. Dodd also led the Jackets on their longest winning streak — 8 straight games — against the University of Georgia in Tech’s most time-endured rivalry, called Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate. For his part, Heisman led Georgia Tech to an undefeated 12–0–1 record in the Georgia Tech–Clemson football rivalry, and what made it sting even more was that Heisman had previously coached Clemson."

Reactions: Knucklehank1
-5 GT seems off but so did the UVA line.

I want to day Cards... Discipline and containing the edge.

If we see the offense from last week, I think that will be enough.

I will believe it when I see it with the Cards.

I believe Van Gorder was hired in part because of his extensive experience against this offense, having coached against Navy every year and Georgia Tech at least once as the DC at Notre Dame.

I have also heard that Mike Summers has a lot of experience coaching this type of offense at Northern Illinois in the late 1980's.
You should read about the bad blood or dislike between Paul Johnson and VAn Gorder. Johnson basically saying it is a misconception that VG has had success against him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT