ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Payne

I love Kenny Payne and thought he’d do a great job. Given enough time, he still may get it done. But, UL has been the most disappointing team in the country this year, and it’s not even close. I hope KP gets another season to prove himself.
May I ask what you love about KP? Can you explain why you thought he would do a good job?

If it's because you know him personally then that's fine. But if you don't, where did you get this confidence? No one saw just 4 wins but I don't know anyone who thought we would have a winning team.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
You're giving KP and Eaves/Beard etc the benefit of the doubt. KP says it is the players, I think it is the coach. If he can't do something substantially different with a new group of players, we will know it is Kenny. After 10 games the season is not totally lost because you haven't started ACC games. You promote DM or hire somebody else...
Manning needs to be canned like tuna. He may be more dead weight than Payne is.

If what you guys believe is true explain how the master motivator couldn’t motivate everyone that walked through the door?

I never said the whole team was unmotivated. I said coaches can’t motivate players that aren’t self motivated and super competitive.

Think of it this way Peyton, Russ, Gorgi, Harrell and Hancock were all super competitive they fit Pitino. Pitinio didn’t make them that way they came in with that attitude or mindset.

I don’t know what kind of player that fits KP. We will see.
Perhaps that’s the problem - Payne can’t discern between who’s motivated and who’s not. That happens in the recruiting/retention process.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
May I ask what you love about KP? Can you explain why you thought he would do a good job?

If it's because you know him personally then that's fine. But if you don't, where did you get this confidence? No one saw just 4 wins but I don't know anyone who thought we would have a winning team.
He’s a yut fan. He “loves” Payne because he’s destroying the program in front of his eyes.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT