ADVERTISEMENT

Duke University investigating Zion & Nike

I vaguely remember the situation but what I do remember is that he gained his eligibility at the last minute. It had to do with the fact that he didn't have his math classes completed. In order to complete what he needed it normally would have taken a year but he did it within weeks. It doesn't have anything to do with my dislike for sUcK it's just a common sense factor based on the facts.
I’m not arguing with you. Im just saying that his hand holding began years before any college started recruiting him. It’s quite common

If he was not academically eligible he could have gone to a prep school for 1 or 2 years. He should have never been admitted to a 4 year college. I went college and I had to have my transcripts in order and had to pass my core curriculum courses to be admitted. I think it is unfair if other perspective students don't have to meet the same criteria.

In regards to his social problems there are other avenues that can be taken to help kids in that situation. It is not the responsibility of the athletic department at UK to do this.

If he wasn't academically eligible it is pretty simple he should not have been admitted to college. By your story it sounds like all this stuff about basketball players at sUcK not going to class is true. If this is true then according to Coach Cow's comment on a coach knows everything that goes on in his program then he knew about this.
Where do you get that UK players don't go to class? You're incorrect but I'm curious how you even come to that conclusion.

If he was not academically eligible he could have gone to a prep school for 1 or 2 years. He should have never been admitted to a 4 year college. I went college and I had to have my transcripts in order and had to pass my core curriculum courses to be admitted. I think it is unfair if other perspective students don't have to meet the same criteria.

In regards to his social problems there are other avenues that can be taken to help kids in that situation. It is not the responsibility of the athletic department at UK to do this.
It was his high school who helped him, at UK he received the same help most athletes do, tutors. Bledsoe isn't dumb, I'm sure focus, a bit of discipline and some tutoring was all he needed to perform well enough.

Reactions: buc puppet

Which is why aunt Becky is on her way to the pokie

I think you need to read what I wrote word for word and try to comprehend it. I never said sUcK players didn't go to class however it wouldn't surprise if it was true. The discussion I engaged in was a about Bledsoe and his core curriculum courses. I remember his math scores weren't receiving passing grades.
Then he took a years worth of math classes in a 3 week period and passed. In regards to your statement saying that Bledsoe isn't stupid I wouldn't know whether he is or not I haven't seen his transcript have you? The only academic information I have seen or heard about him was from his high school days. That information certainly suggest he was academically challenged.

I think you need to read what I wrote word for word and try to comprehend it. I never said sUcK players didn't go to class however it wouldn't surprise if it was true. The discussion I engaged in was a about Bledsoe and his core curriculum courses. I remember his math scores weren't receiving passing grades.
Then he took a years worth of math classes in a 3 week period and passed. In regards to your statement saying that Bledsoe isn't stupid I wouldn't know whether he is or not I haven't seen his transcript have you? The only academic information I have seen or heard about him was from his high school days. That information certainly suggest he was academically challenged.
No, I haven't but I've heard him speak. People who use proper words and grammar, albeit with a deep southern mumble, are not stupid. I was questioning why you pointed at UK in the first place. I'm not stupid either, I read just fine. You said, "By your story it sounds like all this stuff about basketball players at sUcK not going to class is true.", but his story didn't suggest that at all.

I didn't say that either are you sure you can comprehend what I am writing because you are really way off from what I wrote. I said " I never said sUcK players aren't going to class but it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't ". The reason I commented on Bledsoe because I was responding to what someone else wrote before me.

You do know how this works right somebody post a comment and you respond to it? Are you sure you're not Bledsoe himself trying to defend himself because you sound confused?

It was originally because I was the one that started the thread but then BigBlueFanGa posted a comment about Bam. After that a lot of the focus shifted to sUcK.

I didn't say that either are you sure you can comprehend what I am writing because you are really way off from what I wrote. I said " I never said sUcK players aren't going to class but it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't ". The reason I commented on Bledsoe because I was responding to what someone else wrote before me.

You do know how this works right somebody post a comment and you respond to it? Are you sure you're not Bledsoe himself trying to defend himself because you sound confused?
Yes and your response still doesn't make sense with the story you were responding to.

I was responding to the comment written by buc puppet in regards to Bledsoe. So explain why my comment doesn't make sense in response too his comment.

To put it plainly, my “source” (I don’t think I’ve ever had a source before haha) told me that his high school helped Bledsoe navigate through school from his freshman year. They did so out of good will and independently of any college or university. Bledsoe and his high school transcripts were vetted by the NCAA and the universities who recruited him. He was deemed eligible for college. At some point I believe Pete Thamel and Pat Forde penned a take down piece on Bledsoe and his high school. It was rumored that Richard pitino aided in the piece, but that’s rumor and innuendo. Pitino was on staff at Florida when bledsoe committed to Kentucky and Florida was said to be his second choice. The details are fuzzy to me but I seem to remember the NCAA took another look at the transcripts and high school and nothing nefarious was unearthed.

The Eric Bledsoe recruitment has always been canon fodder for rivals but in truth Kentucky has the benefit of detachment. It’s an issue at the prep level and it’s quite common.

I was responding to the comment written by buc puppet in regards to Bledsoe. So explain why my comment doesn't make sense in response too his comment.
Since you didn’t reply to my post directly no one could tell who you were addressing. I thought you were responding to him too

Buc puppet, That's fine but that is totally different from what you first posted about the subject. I do remember the Bledsoe situation and the fact that he did not meet his core curriculum because of math. I also remember he passed a years worth of courses in 3 weeks.

Buc puppet, BigBlueFanGa has been confused from the get go. I would also like to point out this is the first time I have ever had to post like this. Usually the conversation flows and everybody can tell who you are responding to. I guess from now on when ever I am responding to a sUcK fan I will let them know directly.

Buc puppet, That's fine but that is totally different from what you first posted about the subject. I do remember the Bledsoe situation and the fact that he did not meet his core curriculum because of math. I also remember he passed a years worth of courses in 3 weeks.
I’m not refuting this

Buc puppet, BigBlueFanGa has been confused from the get go. I would also like to point out this is the first time I have ever had to post like this. Usually the conversation flows and everybody can tell who you are responding to. I guess from now on when ever I am responding to a sUcK fan I will let them know directly.
If you reply using the little arrow at the lower right of the post then it will take the users post (in which you intend to reply) and quote it in your forthcoming post. Otherwise you’re just making a new post and no one can be certain who you are replying to.

I know who you were responding to.

Buc Puppet posted "
Ask folks at Memphis if rose’s academic problems just “went away”. I bet they’d beg to differ. Either way, all that happened at Memphis so I don’t care.

Take this for what it’s worth but I used to work out at a college gym and became friends with a guy who was actually a high school classmate of Eric Bledsoe in Alabama. He said that Bledsoe had a really rough life and yeah he struggled with school. But basically his high school administrators helped him get his diploma so he wouldn’t end up on the streets. He had been homeless at times and basically everyone knew basketball was his ticket to a decent life. I know the narrative is that crooked Kentucky got it done but this isn’t the case. From his freshman year on, his high school helped him. This happens everywhere. There was a 25 year old guy at my high school. He could barely read. Finally he graduated because the school made it happen. My mom used to tutor a star football player who didn’t know the alphabet all the way through as a high school senior. He too graduated and people helped him to get college eligible so he would have a chance at life. A lot of times we want to overestimate the reach of universities. High schools are absolutely technically corrupt but many times it’s out of good will."

Then you posted: "If he wasn't academically eligible it is pretty simple he should not have been admitted to college. By your story it sounds like all this stuff about basketball players at sUcK not going to class is true. If this is true then according to Coach Cow's comment on a coach knows everything that goes on in his program then he knew about this."

What I stlll don't understand is, what in Buc Puppets post leads you to say "By your story it sounds like all this stuff about basketball players at sUcK not going to class is true."

I think it's great that the high school teachers were able to help him as much as they could. The problem is if he did not pass his core curriculum he needs to go to a prep school until he can pass. I find it a little disturbing that he had such a rough life and he was unable to focus on his academics. However he had plenty of time to focus on basketball.

Maybe the students and the teachers should focus more on the academic side rather than the athletic side. I don't know much about Bledsoe other than what I have read about him. Did he play AAU ball or did he just play for his high school. These sob stories about a rough upbringing doesn't give him a pass where he doesn't have to meet the same requirements as other students.

I never said that basketball players at sUcK aren't going to class I said that is what others have said. Personally I don't care what the situation is if can't academically qualify for college you don't belong there. I think it is disturbing that you or anyone else would think that is exceptable.

I get what you're saying in terms of credibility, but look at what the ho's "testimony" did in terms of bringing down the program.
That's from the guilty-until-proven-innocent section of the NCAA handbook. But it would have meant (next to) nothing in a court of law.

Unfortunately, that's not where the U of L people now in charge took things...

Last edited:
Ask folks at Memphis if rose’s academic problems just “went away”. I bet they’d beg to differ. Either way, all that happened at Memphis so I don’t care.

Take this for what it’s worth but I used to work out at a college gym and became friends with a guy who was actually a high school classmate of Eric Bledsoe in Alabama. He said that Bledsoe had a really rough life and yeah he struggled with school. But basically his high school administrators helped him get his diploma so he wouldn’t end up on the streets. He had been homeless at times and basically everyone knew basketball was his ticket to a decent life. I know the narrative is that crooked Kentucky got it done but this isn’t the case. From his freshman year on, his high school helped him. This happens everywhere. There was a 25 year old guy at my high school. He could barely read. Finally he graduated because the school made it happen. My mom used to tutor a star football player who didn’t know the alphabet all the way through as a high school senior. He too graduated and people helped him to get college eligible so he would have a chance at life. A lot of times we want to overestimate the reach of universities. High schools are absolutely technically corrupt but many times it’s out of good will.

Hahahaha...of course this is what happened. No way Slimy Cal stuck his slimy, slithery hand in there and helped the kid out. Lol, fkn blue necks and your excuses.

There has been one player under Cal that didn't finish out the rest of his spring semester and that is Daniel Orton. Just one. Cal wasn't happy about that and neither were/are the Kentucky fans. That happened back in spring of 2010, almost a decade ago. If you check their APR scores, they are dang near perfect. APR scores aren't affected if the students leave early before graduating, only if they don't leave on good academic terms and skip the last few weeks of classes.

There has been one player under Cal that didn't finish out the rest of his spring semester and that is Daniel Orton. Just one. Cal wasn't happy about that and neither were/are the Kentucky fans. That happened back in spring of 2010, almost a decade ago. If you check their APR scores, they are dang near perfect. APR scores aren't affected if the students leave early before graduating, only if they don't leave on good academic terms and skip the last few weeks of classes.

Lol. The average SuCk fan could careless whether a player finished classes. Heck the average SuCk fan hasn’t even put a foot on the campus other than attending maybe a football game. And unless your in Calamari’s inter circle you can’t speak for him, as he’s a great actor (I’m being nice today).

Wow!!! how hard is it to go to college your freshmen year and load up on basket weaving courses? Now if you go 3 or 4 years and you have take required courses for your designated career and get good grades then you have done something.

Lol. The average SuCk fan could careless whether a player finished classes. Heck the average SuCk fan hasn’t even put a foot on the campus other than attending maybe a football game. And unless your in Calamari’s inter circle you can’t speak for him, as he’s a great actor (I’m being nice today).
Here is a bleacher report article that goes into great detail about Daniel Orton and the fallout of him leaving for California early. I don’t think one needs to be part of cal’s Inner circle to ascertain his opinion on the matter. Orton remains Kentucky’s biggest black eye in recent years. As strange as it sounds, Orton seems to have been Clyde’s guy after all.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-five-most-controversial-players-at-uk#slide4

Reactions: HLW1010
It was originally because I was the one that started the thread but then BigBlueFanGa posted a comment about Bam. After that a lot of the focus shifted to sUcK.

This moron hijacks about 90% of threads here and turns them into arguments about Ky and we fall for it every time. I think his blue butt gets off on it. If he can’t be banned, he should be ignored. He is such a schmuck.

Reactions: zipp
Here is a bleacher report article that goes into great detail about Daniel Orton and the fallout of him leaving for California early. I don’t think one needs to be part of cal’s Inner circle to ascertain his opinion on the matter. Orton remains Kentucky’s biggest black eye in recent years. As strange as it sounds, Orton seems to have been Clyde’s guy after all.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-five-most-controversial-players-at-uk#slide4

Are you that naive? He’s not going to put something out in public that reflects badly on the University and Him. So unless your in his inter circle you will not know what he truly believes. He’s the king of OAD. What makes you think he cares about one semester of college? We already know that his most important goal is getting players into the NBA above even a NC. Come on man really?

We already know that his most important goal is getting players into the NBA above even a NC.

Talk about naivety. Remember when Cal said “this is the greatest day in the history of Kentucky basketball”? Cal is indeed a snake oil
Salesman and if you believe him when he made that statement then you are his top customer.

We already know that his most important goal is getting players into the NBA above even a NC.

Talk about naivety. Remember when Cal said “this is the greatest day in the history of Kentucky basketball”? Cal is indeed a snake oil
Salesman and if you believe him when he made that statement then you are his top customer.

I don’t believe anything that dude says. Nothing!

Duke is now investigating whether Zion's mother was paid by Nike. I think it is a little late they should have done this before the season. I guess they thought since UNC got away with what they did they would take their chances and see if they would get away with it. Maybe they know that the FBI is getting ready to announce that Duke is under investigation. They just want to look like a victim.
Well, it’s been two weeks since this originally posted. And what’s came out of Duke’s camp...crickets!!!

I was wondering that myself but we have to understand is that everybody else fights these allegations. We are the only ones that admit wrong doing and self impose a penalty. Then we wait for the NCAA to add on to the penalty.

Reactions: CardsFirst
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT