ADVERTISEMENT

Duke University investigating Zion & Nike

Duke Investigators: No wrong doing found. Nothing to see here.

NCAA: You sure? What about...

Duke: Nothing. To. See. Here.

NCAA: You're absolutely right. Sorry for the inconvenience. Carry on.
The NCAA crucified you guys for a few whores in the dorm. And Duke will get off for something this major without even a slap on the wrist.

The NCAA crucified you guys for a few whores in the dorm. And Duke will get off for something this major without even a slap on the wrist.
I watched He got game again over the weekend and there is that scene were Rick Fox takes Jesus shuttlesworth into that room with the two girls and...We all know Hollywood makes its share of fiction but it's ironic that it played out like that in the movie.

“If Nike decides that the best thing for Nike’s bottom line is if @DukeU wins the next 8 NCAA championships, is it okay for them to go out and bribe the country’s best players using whatever money/tactics necessary to make sure the players go to Duke? Is it okay to rig the system?”

This statement is from Avenatti’s twitter just a few hours ago. Where was this guy when Nike was swaying the top guys to UuhK? Better late than never I guess.

“If Nike decides that the best thing for Nike’s bottom line is if @DukeU wins the next 8 NCAA championships, is it okay for them to go out and bribe the country’s best players using whatever money/tactics necessary to make sure the players go to Duke? Is it okay to rig the system?”

This statement is from Avenatti’s twitter just a few hours ago. Where was this guy when Nike was swaying the top guys to UuhK? Better late than never I guess.

This guy is a scumbag, but scumbags often make the best witness testimonies.

He is a scumbag bag, but in this case, he’s a scumbag fighting against a bunch of other scumbags. Nike trying to control the sport, Avenatti trying to extort Nike, Nike exposing him, Avenatti exposing Nike...my God who are we supposed to root for?

This guy is a scumbag, but scumbags often make the best witness testimonies.
IMO scumbags like the ho and this guy don't get the benefit of personal testimony. Their credibility means nothing. They do, however, get full consideration for any physical or hard evidence they have...

IMO scumbags like the ho and this guy don't get the benefit of personal testimony. Their credibility means nothing. They do, however, get full consideration for any physical or hard evidence they have...

Agree 100%.... is he blowing hot air to stay in the news or is he holding some real evidence?

He might have the hear say evidence and the who,what and how down .Problem is this thing isn't set up like the FBI did with Adidas getting hard core wiretaps, videos and documents.

Hard evidence is any of the following: emails, text messages, voice mail, endorsed checks, photos, financial records with offsetting transactions.

It is NOT a diary entry or anything that can be written at anytime by anyone.

And an interview or personal testimony from a person who lacks credibility and objectivity is next-to-worthless...

Hard evidence is any of the following: emails, text messages, voice mail, endorsed checks, photos, financial records with offsetting transactions.

And an interview or personal testimony from a person who lacks credibility and objectivity is next-to-worthless...
Interesting so you're saying there is no hard evidence against BAM. I'm glad to see we agree.

Interesting so you're saying there is no hard evidence against BAM. I'm glad to see we agree.
Typical slapd!ck reasoning...

What you have read and heard so far are SAMPLES of what exists, what has leaked or been publicized.

It's pure delusion that FIFTY kids who are being offered thousands of dollars have all turned it down because they signed with LPT. As if your coach has the unique ability to find and attract a large of number of kids who want this money but, for whatever reason, don't accept it.

A far more plausible position would be for you to acknowledge many/most of your recruits have accepted money, but that the likelihood is that sufficient evidence will never surface. At least that's debatable...

Map-of-the-Nile-River-in-Ancient-Egypt-Egypt-Tours-Portal.jpg

Reactions: kentuckyshame
Pretty much summed up a UK fan they really don't care how Saint John got his players just don't leave a trail. If it ever comes out no big deal everyone was doing and Cal had no clue.

Yeah that last paragraph isn’t accurate. Although they may not be used in court there info can point investigators (Law enforcement) in the right direction. Powell is less then creditable and a scumbag, but she sunk our ship. And as far as the NCAA when did credibility and objectivity really matter?

What you have read and heard so far are SAMPLES of what exists, what has leaked or been publicized.

It's pure delusion that FIFTY kids who are being offered thousands of dollars have all turned it down because they signed with LPT. As if your coach has the unique ability to find and attract a large of number of kids who want this money but, for whatever reason, don't accept it.

A far more plausible position would be for you to acknowledge many/most of your recruits have accepted money, but that the likelihood is that sufficient evidence will never surface. At least that's debatable...

And they forget Zipp about the ones with suspect academics that magically become eligible. Or how they brag about not attending classes but UK's grad standing with the NCAA never changes.

Reactions: zipp

So your rules for hard evidence are only necessary when they benefit you. Got it.

And they forget Zipp about the ones with suspect academics that magically become eligible. Or how they brag about not attending classes but UK's grad standing with the NCAA never changes.
Who bragged about not attending classes? Last time I asked this no one came up with anything.

Pretty much summed up a UK fan they really don't care how Saint John got his players just don't leave a trail. If it ever comes out no big deal everyone was doing and Cal had no clue.
If it ever comes out I'll want Cal immediately fired, just like I wanted Sutton fired. I cant speak for anyone else.

I get what you're saying in terms of credibility, but look at what the ho's "testimony" did in terms of bringing down the program.

Who bragged about not attending classes? Last time I asked this no one came up with anything.
If I recall it was someone from two years ago, because the, discussion on here was how does UK's graduation standing not get affected by all the one and does when they only attend two semesters of classes.

If I recall it was someone from two years ago, because the, discussion on here was how does UK's graduation standing not get affected by all the one and does when they only attend two semesters of classes.
All a student-athlete has to do is make progress towards graduation. So, they have to pass a certain number of credit hours each semester. It doesn't matter that they only attend 2 semesters.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/division-i-progress-toward-degree-requirements

No Kentucky players have been captured bragging about not attending class

Not the first time for Duke to be in this position. Don't forget Chris Duhons mother.
You're right, it's not Dukes' first time. Did you ever see the house that Duke & Nike put Marvin Bagley & his family in after Bagley committed to them? Personally I like it better than the home that they (Duke) put Zion & his family in after Zion chose Duke.

That’s not what it says. It says progress towards degree and butterfly catching is not a degree.
I'm sorry, I thought graduation referred a degree, but as you see, in the first year, the only thing that matters is credit hours, they can be towards any degree the university offers. Your guys play by the same rules.

Buy it still doesn't hide the fact that D. Rose had, academic problems and the magically went away. Same thing for Eric Bledsoe, so but dude is dumb as a box or rocks. The only way he was going to qualify anywhere is if he got the ol' Cal and WWW's, tutoring program.

Buy it still doesn't hide the fact that D. Rose had, academic problems and the magically went away. Same thing for Eric Bledsoe, so but dude is dumb as a box or rocks. The only way he was going to qualify anywhere is if he got the ol' Cal and WWW's, tutoring program.
I'm not sure what happened in Bledsoe's high school. The NCAA looked into it and cleared him and it isn't like they do any favors for Cal or UK. I think athletes get "help" a lot of the time in high school. I'm not an NBA guy so I just listened to a couple of interviews. He's certainly from the south but he speaks pretty well.

If something happened and Ill be shocked if SuCk is the only school not implicated, it will come out. It only goes to reason that if the shoe companies were paying players to attend Duke, SuCk would be in the mix too. Because SuCks argument has always been “Were UK, we don’t need to pay players” (Even though they have in the past). I would argue neither does Duke. I say if one is guilty chances are everyone’s guilty. He$$ the whole system is rotten and it appears that’s what had to be done just to compete. We will see, but if I’m a fan of any team I wouldn’t be too high and mighty, because no one know who will be affected and when. This is going to last years.

If something happened and Ill be shocked if SuCk is the only school not implicated, it will come out. It only goes to reason that if the shoe companies were paying players to attend Duke, SuCk would be in the mix too. Because SuCks argument has always been “Were UK, we don’t need to pay players” (Even though they have in the past). I would argue neither does Duke. I say if one is guilty chances are everyone’s guilty. He$$ the whole system is rotten and it appears that’s what had to be done just to compete. We will see, but if I’m a fan of any team I wouldn’t be too high and mighty, because no one know who will be affected and when. This is going to last years.
Thing is you have to ask yourself why does a kid want to play for Cal? The blue bellies will say that is because he puts kids into the league but I say is that all. Scottie Pippen, Leonard Ferrer, Dennis Rodman, the list goes on and on of guys who didn't go to blue blood schools and made the league. What is the attraction? To play for one of the most underachieving, poor X's and O' guy in college basketball. And please tell me one time cal out coached anybody. It can't be to play in front of the most delusional fanbases or playing in a crappy arena named after a racist. Point is cal had the one and done game on lock for five years and then Duke and places like Memphis started getting OND so what changed $$$$$.

So what happens when a person with a Lifetime contract gets fired? How much is that Lifetime dollar amount?

Thing is you have to ask yourself why does a kid want to play for Cal? The blue bellies will say that is because he puts kids into the league but I say is that all. Scottie Pippen, Leonard Ferrer, Dennis Rodman, the list goes on and on of guys who didn't go to blue blood schools and made the league. What is the attraction? To play for one of the most underachieving, poor X's and O' guy in college basketball. And please tell me one time cal out coached anybody. It can't be to play in front of the most delusional fanbases or playing in a crappy arena named after a racist. Point is cal had the one and done game on lock for five years and then Duke and places like Memphis started getting OND so what changed $$$$$.

Preaching to the quire. It all comes down to shoe companies wanted these high profile players to attend certain schools. And my bet is Nike started the ball rolling. Then all the other companies got involved and that’s when it got complicated and competitive.

Ask folks at Memphis if rose’s academic problems just “went away”. I bet they’d beg to differ. Either way, all that happened at Memphis so I don’t care.

Take this for what it’s worth but I used to work out at a college gym and became friends with a guy who was actually a high school classmate of Eric Bledsoe in Alabama. He said that Bledsoe had a really rough life and yeah he struggled with school. But basically his high school administrators helped him get his diploma so he wouldn’t end up on the streets. He had been homeless at times and basically everyone knew basketball was his ticket to a decent life. I know the narrative is that crooked Kentucky got it done but this isn’t the case. From his freshman year on, his high school helped him. This happens everywhere. There was a 25 year old guy at my high school. He could barely read. Finally he graduated because the school made it happen. My mom used to tutor a star football player who didn’t know the alphabet all the way through as a high school senior. He too graduated and people helped him to get college eligible so he would have a chance at life. A lot of times we want to overestimate the reach of universities. High schools are absolutely technically corrupt but many times it’s out of good will.

Ask folks at Memphis if rose’s academic problems just “went away”. I bet they’d beg to differ. Either way, all that happened at Memphis so I don’t care.

Take this for what it’s worth but I used to work out at a college gym and became friends with a guy who was actually a high school classmate of Eric Bledsoe in Alabama. He said that Bledsoe had a really rough life and yeah he struggled with school. But basically his high school administrators helped him get his diploma so he wouldn’t end up on the streets. He had been homeless at times and basically everyone knew basketball was his ticket to a decent life. I know the narrative is that crooked Kentucky got it done but this isn’t the case. From his freshman year on, his high school helped him. This happens everywhere. There was a 25 year old guy at my high school. He could barely read. Finally he graduated because the school made it happen. My mom used to tutor a star football player who didn’t know the alphabet all the way through as a high school senior. He too graduated and people helped him to get college eligible so he would have a chance at life. A lot of times we want to overestimate the reach of universities. High schools are absolutely technically corrupt but many times it’s out of good will.

The question is did the school push him through? But the question that could be asked, was he really qualified to even attend college, any college? And that question could be asked of many athletes. But the NCAA turns a blind eye to a lot of stuff.

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
It's the big blue elephant in the room, and as long as everyone who matters feels the big blue elephant isn't worthy of acknowledging then the big blue elephant will remain in the room. It really is that simple.

If he wasn't academically eligible it is pretty simple he should not have been admitted to college. By your story it sounds like all this stuff about basketball players at sUcK not going to class is true. If this is true then according to Coach Cow's comment on a coach knows everything that goes on in his program then he knew about this.

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
If he wasn't academically eligible it is pretty simple he should not have been admitted to college. By your story it sounds like all this stuff about basketball players at sUcK not going to class is true. If this is true then according to Coach Cow's comment on a coach knows everything that goes on in his program then he knew about this.
But he was academically eligible. Now, should he have been? This isn’t a university issue. Most of these cases are set in motion at the local level as early as 9th grade. Before athletes are even being recruited. Your trying too desperately to implicate your rival.

I vaguely remember the situation but what I do remember is that he gained his eligibility at the last minute. It had to do with the fact that he didn't have his math classes completed. In order to complete what he needed it normally would have taken a year but he did it within weeks. It doesn't have anything to do with my dislike for sUcK it's just a common sense factor based on the facts.

Reactions: kentuckyshame
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT