ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Roster

NIL sure does make where being consistently dominant may be a thing of the past, UConn excluded of course. but wow!

They're set up the same way UK was under Cal. Every year they recruit in a whole new class of 4 or 5 5-star HS players. Most players who stay get recruited over, so you see players either going to the NBA or the Portal.

IMO, this isn't the way to build a championship team in 2024. They were basically gifted with an Elite 8 last year when Houston's best player got injured.

Reactions: shadow force
Must be too hard to go to school there and play basketball too! :oops: :rolleyes::rolleyes: Cashing those checks though.

Duke's roster issues... What a shame. Doesn't bother me.
This highlights every thing wrong with how the NCAA is handling this (or not handling this). Are you kidding me? Turning down a degree from Duke? Yea, these guys aren't going to school for a degree. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a whole slew of North Carolina classes lined up for these professionals to stay qualified across the board. Guys are leaving before the semester is done yet they qualify to go elsewhere? A joke.

I would not be too quick to bury Duke; they seem to figure out a way to remain successful.

I would not be too quick to bury Duke; they seem to figure out a way to remain successful.
Although you won’t be able to see this post in your echo chamber - Pretty sure no one was burying duke - merely pointing out how even top programs are susceptible to massive roster turnover in the current system.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT