ADVERTISEMENT

Duke attendance

chevelle99

300+
Oct 12, 2017
So if I call the ticket office now claiming to be Jeffery Stronmdtrom from the Ford assembly plant and want to buy all remaining tickets to the Duke game to welcome striking employees back….

Would we agree the attendance is Stadium capacity minus the tickets left Friday at about 3:30.

So if I call the ticket office now claiming to be Jeffery Stronmdtrom from the Ford assembly plant and want to buy all remaining tickets to the Duke game to welcome striking employees back….

Would we agree the attendance is Stadium capacity minus the tickets left Friday at about 3:30.
Wow!

I’d give you the tickets if you can pronounce that name.

Saw/heard a lot of pissing and moaning about the attendance yesterday. Not sure why folks get so upset about it. Our fanbase is never going to change. The sooner everyone can accept who the fanbase is, was, and will forever be, the quicker the focus to more important matters occurs. That said, it's time to have the uncomfortable conversation of downsizing the stadium. It's too big. The fanbase can't support it. If we lost about 5,000 seats, the stadium would look less empty. I hate to compare what the shitheads in Lexington do, but they decreased capacity and now they fill their stadium. They also started improving the on the field product, so that obviously helped. Brohm has brought the product. Heird needs to respond in kind.

Saw/heard a lot of pissing and moaning about the attendance yesterday. Not sure why folks get so upset about it. Our fanbase is never going to change. The sooner everyone can accept who the fanbase is, was, and will forever be, the quicker the focus to more important matters occurs. That said, it's time to have the uncomfortable conversation of downsizing the stadium. It's too big. The fanbase can't support it. If we lost about 5,000 seats, the stadium would look less empty. I hate to compare what the shitheads in Lexington do, but they decreased capacity and now they fill their stadium. They also started improving the on the field product, so that obviously helped. Brohm has brought the product. Heird needs to respond in kind.
Instead of creating the full sized Flight Deck - which is the primary empty seat eyesore - they should have built half of the rows which would have added about 5K seats.

It's sad that fans have to be notified it's time to stop tailgating and come into the stadium. Louisville games are still a party to a large portion of the fan base. We have some casual fan more bend on drinking beer and going to the bathroom while interrupting your enjoyment of the game as they do.

It's sad that fans have to be notified it's time to stop tailgating and come into the stadium. Louisville games are still a party to a large portion of the fan base. We have some casual fan more bend on drinking beer and going to the bathroom while interrupting your enjoyment of the game as they do.
I love football and get into my seat well before kickoff but I see nothing “sad” about having a boozy, fun-loving fanbase. At the end of the day, college football is entertainment. Our fans are what they are. Those same fans self-funded a stadium and helped elevate a former commuter college with limited conference prospects into a legitimate P5 program.

Surly not talking about a coach? We have the best possible coach we could have. Also the crowd was great yesterday from where I was sitting.
Brohm will be as good a coach as U of L can land for a long time. It's not his job to sell tickets or be better than 7-1.

And the crowd was fine. I haven't been complaining about it, just responding to those who have been...

Maybe people who don't believe they can alienate major elements of the fanbase and survive just fine.

How long have they been trying without much success?...

Brohm will be as good a coach as U of L can land for a long time. It's not his job to sell tickets or be better than 7-1.

And the crowd was fine. I haven't been complaining about it, just responding to those who have been...
I didn’t think you meant him but had to ask.

I still think it comes down to not being as many Card fans in the city as many think. Add the cost of going to a game and a lot will just stay home and watch it.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
I watch a lot of college football and I see a lot of empty seats almost every game. Even Alabama is experiencing it as well as other big time programs. Nick Saban asked his AD to send out letters to the people who aren’t in their seats for games and let them know they would lose season tickets unless they start showing up for games.
I was at the Notre Dame game and at half time I went to use the restroom and grab something to eat. The lines for the men’s bathroom were unbelievably backed up. When I went to concessions it was pitifully slow. I disappointingly missed part of the 3rd quarter because of that. They need to do better in both areas because I wasn’t the only one complaining about it.

Reactions: 2330859
I think he likes coaching women’s bball.
Sure, but that's not his long term plan. He SAYS he's not retiring from the women's head coaching job.

I told him not too long ago that I'd like to see him consider the AD job someday. He defended Heird, which doesn't indicate a lack of interest.

As much as Walz benefits U of L currently, he would pay back multiples if he was successful as AD. His first assignment would obviously be to hire his successor...

I agree when the day comes for him to step down ( which I hope isn’t any time soon ) I think He would be great for the AD job.

As a fan, I can't do much but make sure I'm sitting there in my seats. CardX is right, not sure it will change. Someone mentioned that a lot of families did trick or treat.... There are some benefits. I can get to the restroom and the concession stand and not miss a whole quarter of football. I'm more concerned about the final score and not the final attendance. Keep winning and I expect another sellout against UK, although it will likely include a large contingent of blue... Good! They will witness a beatdown like the ones we have been getting from them the past couple of years.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I think he likes coaching women’s bball.
I think the days of coaches semi-retiring to the AD position are over. That is a major job and a career track separate from coaching. You clearly don’t like Hierd, but he’s there for the foreseeable future (I don’t see Ohio State or the NFL taking him off our hands) so I really don’t know what can be done there. But at least your suggestion is better than placing a booster (Lynn) in the role.

Maybe people who don't believe they can alienate major elements of the fanbase and survive just fine.

How long have they been trying without much success?...
You are right. I know many longtime hardcore Cards fans who gave up their fb, mbb, wbb, vb, etc. tickets and have not returned....mostly due to lack of faith and confidence in University leadership at many levels.

I think the days of coaches semi-retiring to the AD position are over. That is a major job and a career track separate from coaching. You clearly don’t like Hierd, but he’s there for the foreseeable future (I don’t see Ohio State or the NFL taking him off our hands) so I really don’t know what can be done there. But at least your suggestion is better than placing a booster (Lynn) in the role.
Lynn would have been a temporary, emergency fill-in 5+ years ago. And the alternative was a guy who ran through more money in this department than anyone knows.

Unless Heird can start forecasting accurately and balance a budget, that inability would be an easy basis to relieve him...

You are right. I know many longtime hardcore Cards fans who gave up their fb, mbb, wbb, vb, etc. tickets and have not returned....mostly due to lack of faith and confidence in University leadership at many levels.
Many of those fans did so as a result of the rampant negativity and self inflicted issues that came at the end of the Jurich tenure. I say this as someone who has nothing but respect for the things that TJ accomplished - had Jurich properly assessed the situation and handled things accordingly - much of this crap that fans have endured for the last 5+ years would not have occurred.

What happened five years ago on the heels of Jurich's dismissal was a total and utter lack of awareness of what would sustain this athletic department in the wake of their corrective measures.

They didn't have a clue how bad this $hit show would get--as I'm reminded trying to watch a basketball exhibition...

Reactions: KozmasAgain
What happened five years ago on the heels of Jurich's dismissal was a total and utter lack of awareness of what would sustain this athletic department in the wake of their corrective measures.

They didn't have a clue how bad this $hit show would get--as I'm reminded trying to watch a basketball exhibition...
That’s a fair assessment. But so is correctly pointing out that Jurich’s dismissal came as a total and utter lack of awareness on his part of the situation staring him (and the athletic department) in the face.

I think we can all say that we wish he would have assessed the situation better.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
My lord here we go again. Does every thread have to go down the worn out rabbit hole of TJ & Zipp's unhealthy unzipping of his zipper over TJ?

Because I was asked, I suggested we hire people who can sell tickets. You know, to keep from losing money like we do every year...
Someone has greatly improved selling tickets this year, we're averaging 50,800 this year vs 41,500 last year, that's a 22% increase. I think this proves the product on the field is what sells tickets, not the AD and host of phone callers.

Someone has greatly improved selling tickets this year, we're averaging 50,800 this year vs 41,500 last year, that's a 22% increase. I think this proves the product on the field is what sells tickets, not the AD and host of phone callers.
Low bar. Last year was our worst attendance since the stadium was first expanded and K-rag roamed the sidelines…

Reactions: UKCoachesGraveyard
I’m not taking any sides nor am I saying what shouldve happened with Jurich. There’s no denying that he could raise money better than a large majority of ADs, and he would’ve done wonders with the NIL deals
There are a lot more forces working against businesses, fans and donors in today's economy. Conference money has surplanted much of the donor money. U of L revenue is at an all time high but so have been the expenses.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
There are a lot more forces working against businesses, fans and donors in today's economy. Conference money has surplanted much of the donor money. U of L revenue is at an all time high but so have been the expenses.
OK, just stop it. Logic, numbers, reality and actual facts are just irrelevant to some here!

Reactions: HiStepper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT