ADVERTISEMENT

Dennis Evans

Common sense and fans boards are very surely lacking. If you can't decipher it you need help. Has nothing to do with the former coach . He is not a medical doctor.

Dennis Evans, a top-five center in the 2023 recruiting cycle, is no longer medically cleared to play for the Louisville men's basketball team — indefinitely.

A team spokesperson, Zach Greenwell, announced the news via a two-sentence statement Thursday evening.

"Freshman center Dennis Evans will not be medically cleared to compete at the University of Louisville moving forward," Greenwell wrote. "We are disappointed by the news and will not be releasing any additional information out of respect for Dennis' privacy."

Common sense and fans boards are very surely lacking. If you can't decipher it you need help. Has nothing to do with the former coach . He is not a medical doctor.

Dennis Evans, a top-five center in the 2023 recruiting cycle, is no longer medically cleared to play for the Louisville men's basketball team — indefinitely.

A team spokesperson, Zach Greenwell, announced the news via a two-sentence statement Thursday evening.

"Freshman center Dennis Evans will not be medically cleared to compete at the University of Louisville moving forward," Greenwell wrote. "We are disappointed by the news and will not be releasing any additional information out of respect for Dennis' privacy."
And yet - despite that well crafted two sentence statement - Evans suddenly is apparently medically cleared to play D1 basketball. If he were not, common sense would tell you that he wouldn’t be in the portal.

Payne was untruthful with the Koron Davis situation, was outed by the kid and was forced to put out a new version of what happened. Based upon that alone, common sense would tell you that the additionally strange story of Evans’ “medical condition” deserves further scrutiny.

And yet - despite that well crafted two sentence statement - Evans suddenly is apparently medically cleared to play D1 basketball. If he were not, common sense would tell you that he wouldn’t be in the portal.

Payne was untruthful with the Koron Davis situation, was outed by the kid and was forced to put out a new version of what happened. Based upon that alone, common sense would tell you that the additionally strange story of Evans’ “medical condition” deserves further scrutiny.
Thank you! It appears that perhaps we're not the ones having difficulty understanding the situation!

Reactions: BPGhost
A guy (Redfist) who strongly endorsed the hiring of Payne (I have no problem with that), took shots at any poster that was concerned, and said he was going to sit back and get the last laugh on this message board is now attacking this message board despite everything that happened these last two years.

You can't make this stuff up. The arrogance is hilarious.

This place is delivering.

Down here on the planet earth the Dennis Evans situation is super weird. Just like the entire Keny Payne era was.

And before anyone leans in and says everyone was rooting against him, I'm gonna get out and front and tell you, you're wrong and just lying.

But maybe there were a few people that were a little nasty about it. Could be.

I was rooting for Payne to succeed. We needed him to be a huge success and he failed miserably as a coach.

As far as Evans goes, I wish him luck. Maybe they found a miracle cure for whatever ailed him and he's back to playing basketball.

Or maybe he cussed at Kenny in practice one day, got kicked off the team, and Kenny made up the medical story because... Who knows why. It's Kenny, he did bizarre things.

Like Hop said, I don't think we'll ever know what happened unless Evans writes his memoir or Nolan gets drunk and goes on a twitter binge. I'm guessing Evans just wants to put this miserable nightmare behind him and move on with his basketball career and greener pastures.

I know I do.

A guy (Redfist) who strongly endorsed the hiring of Payne (I have no problem with that), took shots at any poster that was concerned, and said he was going to sit back and get the last laugh on this message board is now attacking this message board despite everything that happened these last two years.

You can't make this stuff up. The arrogance is hilarious.

This place is delivering.

Down here on the planet earth the Dennis Evans situation is super weird. Just like the entire Keny Payne era was.

And before anyone leans in and says everyone was rooting against him, I'm gonna get out and front and tell you, you're wrong and just lying.

But maybe there were a few people that were a little nasty about it. Could be.
People want who they want and, for different reasons. I think that the poster in question leaned into the AA alumnus portion of Payne’s resume and dismissed the lack of experience part. He’s clearly super bitter now and is teetering on the edge of becoming another TCoE with this vendetta against UofL and the fans who wanted Payne gone based upon performance.

I honestly don’t care about the who or why of a coach - I just want someone experienced and driven enough to lead the program back to where it has been the majority of the last 50 years. And I think that this goes for 98% of UofL fans.

Pitino is a perfect example. I HATE, HATE, HATED that m’fer when he was leading the yuts but when he fell into our laps - it was a good day for Cardinal fans.

I wish that it would have worked out with Payne - for the reasons just mentioned but also, because he is an AA alumnus. Would have been a great story.

People want who they want and, for different reasons. I think that the poster in question leaned into the AA alumnus portion of Payne’s resume and dismissed the lack of experience part. He’s clearly super bitter now and is teetering on the edge of becoming another TCoE with this vendetta against UofL and the fans who wanted Payne gone based upon performance.

I honestly don’t care about the who or why of a coach - I just want someone experienced and driven enough to lead the program back to where it has been the majority of the last 50 years. And I think that this goes for 98% of UofL fans.

Pitino is a perfect example. I HATE, HATE, HATED that m’fer when he was leading the yuts but when he fell into our laps - it was a good day for Cardinal fans.

I wish that it would have worked out with Payne - for the reasons just mentioned but also, because he is an AA alumnus. Would have been a great story.
Agree 100% same thing with Howard, hated him at Miami loved his as our coach.

Reactions: BPGhost

Some people can't handle it when they don't get an outcome they want. With the disappointment you will see misguided anger shared in different forms. Could be spamming, lying, venting, victim blaming, etc. Kids. Hang in there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT