I walk these streets
A loaded six-string on my back
I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back
I been everywhere, still, I'm standing tall
I've seen a million faces
And I've rocked them all

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted (wanted) dead or alive

Is UL a beacon of morality too? Both premier coaches have had affairs, albeit, Pitino's only lasted 15 seconds (under oath). UK has its faults as does UL. Let's not get too carried away. Keep this rivalry going. It does make our state interesting.

Compared to UK hell yes we are a beacon of morality. If Pitino had still been at UK the whole thing would've never come out and Sypher would have been paid off by the UK boosters. There are plenty of schools who can talk about morality, UK (a school with as many NCAA violations as championships) is not one of those schools.

To me the whole Pitino thing shows the difference between UofL and UK fans. We don't treat out coaches like royalty like UK does, we don't put them on a pedestal. We understand the coaches are human as well. What Pitino did was horrible, no doubt about it, but I also believe that he is truly sorry it ever happened and that it was a very tough time for him where he simply had a lapse in judgement. Since you UK are so religious please remind me of the old saying. Isn't it something like "those without sin cast the first stone." Should I remind you of that drunk Gillespie that you hired not that long ago? I'll take the morality of Pitino over the morality of Calipari or Gillespie any day of the week. What makes Pitino better than Calipari is not only his on the court achievements (7 Final Fours and 2 NCAA Titles for Pitino compared to 3 Final Fours and 1 NCAA Title for Calipari) but the fact that Pitino actually prepares our players for life outside of basketball. Pitino cares about the players, Calipari only cares about Calipari.

Gotta love the hypocrisy of UK fans, fans of a school who's coaches have included a racist, a drunk and a cheat, never mind running off a coach just because of the color of his skin and they try to talk to us about morality!

This post was edited on 2/22 3:10 PM by 83UofLCards83

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT