ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to UK for going 31-0

Originally posted by REDBEASTFURRY:
Their not going to get caught match made in heaven Cal and Uk equals big dollars for ESPN . Cal and WWW has the system down to a science now. Palms have been greased in all the right places. Those in the know have no reason at present to mess up their gravy train. Only when someone low on the totem poll is slighted will the shoe drop.
Nailed it!

Originally posted by Deeva:

Originally posted by Cardraven:
Two of the teams I loathe the most,
The blue neck puke team and their fans,
And the Squeeler team ,
Go Cards, Go Ravens

Great minds think alike! I love the Cards & Ravens too!
six-time-superbowl-champs-pittsburgh-steelers-27050115-259-194.jpg

Originally posted by Cue Card:
Originally posted by IrishPokerDog:
True, but the key phrase there is "defeated". Since UK has defeated everyone, shouldn't their RPI be the highest over everyone? All you did was prove how weak the SEC has been by pointing out that teams with losses have higher RPI wins than the undefeated UK Wildcats.

That is too funny.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/10 9:07 AM by Cue Card
RPI wins is exactly that.... Doesn't take into consideration losses. On average we've beaten good competition. Kansas has an RPI of wins of 73, everyone else is over 100. It's playing and beating high RPI teams that weight the RPI of wins higher; so if UK only played dogs; our number couldn't be this low

Originally posted by Cue Card:
True, but the key phrase there is "defeated". Since UK has defeated everyone, shouldn't their RPI be the highest over everyone? All you did was prove how weak the SEC has been by pointing out that teams with losses have higher RPI wins than the undefeated UK Wildcats.

That is too funny.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/10 9:07 AM by Cue Card
RPI wins is exactly that.... Doesn't take into consideration losses. On average we've beaten good competition. Kansas has an RPI of wins of 73, everyone else is over 100. It's playing and beating high RPI teams that weight the RPI of wins higher; so if UK only played dogs; our number couldn't be this low
I know how the RPI works, and the truth is the only decent SEC win is over Arkansas. UK has dominated everyone this year and I am in no way taking anything away from them doing that, but I WILL point out that the SEC this year IS UK and ONLY UK. NOBODY else in the conference is very good. A fringe top 25 team is the best the SEC can do other than UK.

The biggest problem with RPI SOS is that it basically takes average rankings and assigns them.

For example, which 2 game stretch is more likely to result in 2 wins?

vs Kentucky, vs UCLA

or

vs Colorado State, vs Butler

to the RPI that's the same 2 game stretch.

The SEC has a bunch of what I would call "decent" teams. There is "decent" talent in the middle of the conference - the problem is, the middle consists of the 5 or 6 teams below UK. The conference isnt top heavy except for UK. So, playing an SEC schedule results in a lot of opportunities for "decent" wins, but no marquee wins (unless someone had beaten UK.)

This post was edited on 3/10 11:48 AM by KRJ1975

Originally posted by jalovell23:
Yes, I said congrats to UK for going 31-0 during the regular season. That is something very rare and very hard to do for any team in any conference.

Now on the other hand, I didnt realize that UK played only 12 AWAY GAMES(yes,UL played 12 away games as well).
UK played one of the worst UofL teams that I have seen in about ten years and only won by 8 pts.
So UK FANS..........please dont go around pumping your chest unless you win it all.
It is amazing to me that one would make negative comments about his OWN team in order to diminish the accomplishments of another.......

Wouldn't you rather not comment at all if it meant saying something derogatory about your own team? Both programs seem to have a pretty good thing going right now...

I see nothing worth appreciating when it's accomplished with dirty money and slaps in the face of real collegiate athletics. Not going to give any credit for something I do not think is acheived ethically or morally.

Originally posted by MrWildcat333:

Yes, I said congrats to UK for going 31-0 during the regular season. That is something very rare and very hard to do for any team in any conference.

Now on the other hand, I didnt realize that UK played only 12 AWAY GAMES(yes,UL played 12 away games as well).
UK played one of the worst UofL teams that I have seen in about ten years and only won by 8 pts.
So UK FANS..........please dont go around pumping your chest unless you win it all.

It is amazing to me that one would make negative comments about his OWN team in order to diminish the accomplishments of another.......

Wouldn't you rather not comment at all if it meant saying something derogatory about your own team? Both programs seem to have a pretty good thing going right now...
CLEARLY...you don't read your own board during football season.

It is amazing to me that one would make negative comments about his OWN team in order to diminish the accomplishments of another...So, what was your eulogy about the NIT team that lost to Robert Morris? And don't tell me you've forgotten...it was only a couple years ago.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Originally posted by zipp:

It is amazing to me that one would make negative comments about his OWN team in order to diminish the accomplishments of another...

So, what was your eulogy about the NIT team that lost to Robert Morris? And don't tell me you've forgotten...it was only a couple years ago.

just like in golf zipp, you forget the bad shots and only remember the good ones!

Like I said u of k or the www wildcats has NOT played a top 20 team THIS YEAR ! Louisville,Kansas,& North Carolina was last year. Do you even know what year it is? Too Funny
Arkansas is 21 not top 20 duh so u of k has not played a top 20 team this year OK! Poker

It is amazing to me that one would make negative comments about his OWN team in order to diminish the accomplishments of another...So, what was your eulogy about the NIT team that lost to Robert Morris? And don't tell me you've forgotten...it was only a couple years ago.

The Eulogy went something like this....

Cal vowed to recruit and reload after the NIT season to the point that Final 4 banners will fill Rupp Arena so abundantly that we have to start hanging them on a second rafter..

That dreams of an undefeated season could possibly be obtained when no one said it could be done again....

To feverishly own the world of recruiting and the state of Ky in basketball to the point that even some Louisville fans scoff at the idea of UK/UL being a rivalry game because it's so one-sided....

That's how the Eulogy went....

Originally posted by Steelers2012:

CLEARLY...you don't read your own board during football season.
CLEARLY you see UL Basketball comparable to UK football.
UL Basketball is a top 20 program annually. UK Football is not. You
diminish a top 20 program in basketball to somehow diminish ours. Yet if
we say something derogatory about UK Football, we are talking about a
program that (lets be honest here) is annually at the bottom of the SEC.
However, if you see the comparisons in UL Basketball/UK football to the
point of grouping them together to make your case, so be it....

Just read about a poll of the top coaches which ask "Who is the dirteist and cleanest basketball conference in basketball". The SEC received 14 votes out of 20 as the dirtiest. The B1G received 12 as the cleanest. I don't see any SEC teams, but one, bringing in any recruits. As we already knew, the rest of the basketball world knows exactly what's going on.

Originally posted by catmasterson:

Like I said u of k or the www wildcats has NOT played a top 20 team THIS YEAR ! Louisville,Kansas,& North Carolina was last year. Do you even know what year it is? Too Funny
Arkansas is 21 not top 20 duh so u of k has not played a top 20 team this year OK! Poker
Most people would consider the full basketball season as being "the year".... But seeing you're stuck on semantics, then check the Coaches Poll; Arky is 20th....you didn't say ranked team as only the AP ranks em...

but then again, you knew your contention was specious anyway.....

Originally posted by IrishPokerDog
Kansas #10
UL #13
UNC #19
Arkansas #20
The average RPI of the teams UK defeated is 105; 4th highest in the nation behind Kansas, 'Nova, and Wisky.... That's higher than any ACC team

too funny
laugh.r191677.gif
Let's not let facts skew the OP's and other's bog down the discussion !
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by feelthebeirne:
Originally posted by IrishPokerDog
Kansas #10
UL #13
UNC #19
Arkansas #20
The average RPI of the teams UK defeated is 105; 4th highest in the nation behind Kansas, 'Nova, and Wisky.... That's higher than any ACC team

too funny
laugh.r191677.gif
Let's not let facts skew the OP's and other's bog down the discussion !
laugh.r191677.gif
I really don't have a dog in this fight BUT the message was all about this CALENDAR year as in 2015.
582x386px-LL-47e8dbce_Point_over_your_head1.jpeg

Yes?

The Eulogy went something like this....

Cal vowed to recruit and reload after the NIT season to the point that Final 4 banners will fill Rupp Arena so abundantly that we have to start hanging them on a second rafter..

That dreams of an undefeated season could possibly be obtained when no one said it could be done again....

To feverishly own the world of recruiting and the state of Ky in basketball to the point that even some Louisville fans scoff at the idea of UK/UL being a rivalry game because it's so one-sided....

That's how the Eulogy went....
You missed the mark a little, 333... Where are the positive comments in there about a miserable team with two first-round NBA draft picks that lost to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT? ...I don't care what you think that led to the following year.

Looks like I even helped write it for you!

laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT