ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to UK for going 31-0

jalovell23

2000+
Jul 8, 2007
Boone County
Yes, I said congrats to UK for going 31-0 during the regular season. That is something very rare and very hard to do for any team in any conference.

Now on the other hand, I didnt realize that UK played only 12 AWAY GAMES(yes,UL played 12 away games as well).
UK played one of the worst UofL teams that I have seen in about ten years and only won by 8 pts.
So UK FANS..........please dont go around pumping your chest unless you win it all.

Their coach has a history of vacating wins so better wait a few years to see if it sticks

I have only watched them play one game this year, couldn't tell you the names or identify a player on their team. They are totally irrelevant to me. screw the cats and their fan base too

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Go post this kissing up crap on their board. I don't care and don't want to read about them on our board.
Go be Switzerland somewhere else.

Originally posted by DerVille:
BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Go post this kissing up crap on their board. I don't care and don't want to read about them on our board.
Go be Switzerland somewhere else.
I'll inadvertantly bump it since it's at the top,but don't bump it and it won't get any play.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by jalovell23:
Yes, I said congrats to UK for going 31-0 during the regular season. That is something very rare and very hard to do for any team in any conference.

Now on the other hand, I didnt realize that UK played only 12 AWAY GAMES(yes,UL played 12 away games as well).
UK played one of the worst UofL teams that I have seen in about ten years and only won by 8 pts.
So UK FANS..........please dont go around pumping your chest unless you win it all.
No.

You have to be s h i t t i n g me
sick0020.r191677.gif

jalovell23 posted on 3/7/2015...

Did they win today? I turned the channel over while they were back-and-forth with a .500 SEC team and forgot to turn back. It got kinda mind numbing.

I did catch a little of the prelims... My wife asked why so many guys were on the floor for their Senior Day ceremony. Couldn't answer for sure, but I said they probably send everyone through it because they don't know who's coming back.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Actually I think it would serve them tight to go undefeated.

Last I told my Big Blue Bro In Law that I hoped they do. He of course looked at me like I was BSing.

I said "No. I really do. Because if you do....you will NEVER be happy with another team as long as you live!"

They will forever be looking back.

I think that would be a hoot. But that's just me.

I'll go along with you OP. It's an a impressive feat worthy of note. Congrats to those players who have performed so well as a team, and who took on and defeated 31 straight opponents.

As a UK grad, I am happy for the program and players. I try to separate the University and sports programs from the posters who represent them so poorly and make it so difficult to view their program in a positive light. It's a shame, I know so many UK fans who are good fans and good people. I am happy for those people.

Originally posted by Steelers2012:
I'll go along with you OP. It's an a impressive feat worthy of note. Congrats to those players who have performed so well as a team, and who took on and defeated 31 straight opponents.

As a UK grad, I am happy for the program and players. I try to separate the University and sports programs from the posters who represent them so poorly and make it so difficult to view their program in a positive light. It's a shame, I know so many UK fans who are good fans and good people. I am happy for those people.
Steelers, you've always been fair and objective across the board when speaking of UK and UofL. Most don't like it because the dividing line is defined for most regardless which side of that line they stand on. Obviously you sit right on top of that line so it isn't as divided for you. I understand that. I can even appreciate that considering your own personal circumstances.

What I can never appreciate or even acknowledge is UK winning with the system they currently have in place. I don't condone the farce they play when it comes to the student-athlete ideology. It's a joke and an insult to the universities in college who abide by those standards which were laid out decades ago. Words like integrity and distinction are just punch lines in Lexington which they replace with hype and glamor.

Yes UK went 31-0 and they have a legitimate chance at going 40-0. Winning isn't everything. HOW you win is equally important in my eyes, and I strongly disagree with how UK goes about their business. They are the evil empire which represents everything which is wrong with collegiate athletics. I hope they crash and burn when it means the most, just like last year.

This post was edited on 3/8 10:14 AM by Cue Card

Originally posted by Cue Card: Steelers, you've always been fair and objective across the board when speaking of UK and UofL. Most don't like it because the dividing line is defined for most regardless which side of that line they stand on. Obviously you sit right on top of that line so it isn't as divided for you. I understand that. I can even appreciate that considering your own personal circumstances.

What I can never appreciate or even acknowledge is UK winning with the system they currently have in place. I don't condone the farce they play when it comes to the student-athlete ideology. It's a joke and an insult to the universities in college who abide by those standards which were laid out decades ago. Words like integrity and distinction are just punch lines in Lexington which they replace with hype and glamor.

Yes UK went 31-0 and they have a legitimate chance at going 40-0. Winning isn't everything. HOW you win is equally important in my eyes, and I strongly disagree with how UK goes about their business. They are the evil empire which represents everything which is wrong with collegiate athletics. I hope they crash and burn when it means the most, just like last year.
Fair enough. I appreciate your tolerance and acceptance of my particular perspective.

To to be very clear on one aspect, I am NOT a UK sports fan; never have been, never will be. I am not divided or torn in any manner. I am, have always been, and will always be 100% a staunch UofL fan. However, I don't harbor any hate for their program, and am genuinely happy for my UK fan friends that experience joy in rooting for their team, just like they are for me when UofL does well. My phone buzzed off the hook from my UK friends after UofL's big win last night. That was cool.

Originally posted by Steelers2012:

It's an accomplishment straight up.

I struggle to empathize with their fans but the players earn my respect.

Like most, I have my own feelings, opinions, and beliefs about U of K that have nothing to do with their program. Believe it or not, not all are bad. I am for education and frankly our state could use more of that.

OTOH, how arrogant is it to try and steal an acronym from a nation? smh. It's so post-9/11 and ugly American that it irks me.

~ Maybe the U of Nebraska should start calling itself "The U.N"? ~

So, for real,- it's "...of K," sorry. ~ no matter how big your SUV magnet decal gets.

No matter whether I support UK or not, (I definitely don't) I've got to agree that their record this season is worthy of respect. I believe they've got a good team with quality players and I'm usually happy to see any in-state team do well. But, I have to admit that wishing a team well (as long as they're not playing UL) is hard to do when their fans are such obnoxious morons.

Two of the teams I loathe the most,
The blue neck puke team and their fans,
And the Squeeler team ,
Go Cards, Go Ravens

Like or Loathe Cal. Support or Hate UK. I think you have to appreciate the accomplishment of this team of kids. Going undefeated, regardless of year or conference or RPI or BPI or ranking is a very tough feat.

And from every report I have seen, the kids are humble, happy to share, play as a team, cooperate, listen, are good students and ambassadors for their school. Isn't that what college/amateur sports is about? These are good kids and should be applauded for what they have done, both on and off the court, with the pressure and spotlight building each week.

Kudos to them.

I don't have to give those cheating bastards any respect, they cheat everybody knows they cheat and the only way they can attain this record is by paying their players, if puke could reach this record by not using slimeball cal's and his douchebag entourage, then maybe they will get some respect, but until then ,don't tell me I have to respect what they have done, if slimapari remains their handler they will always going to be cheating bastards

I don't respect the way they are doing things, but the group of kids seem to be pretty solid. It's hard to separate their whacko fanbase and slimeball of a coach from the kids,but they clearly are not out there playing for themselves and have bought into the teamwork it takes to be special.

With the exception of the occasional headcase like Cousins, it's really never about their kids. It's about the prostitution they do to win basketball games.

And of course, their adorable fans.

"Elite program" my a$$...

I will wait about three years before congratulating UK fans to see if it sticks.

Based on the "speed" at which the NCAA performs investigations, if at all - it could be 10 years before we know if anything shady is going on in Lexington. I just find it nearly impossible to believe that so many programs have had issues with players, academics, etc, and UK has come out completely unscathed. Really, the only bad thing to happen to Calipari in Lexington was Kanter being ruled ineligible - which didn't cost them anything really, they still went to the final four with Josh Harrelson manning the middle.

Over that same time period, UNC has been outed running fake classes, Syracuse has been cheating holistically for the better part of a decade, almost every other major program has had players sit out due to eligibility or academics, etc. It's totally counter intuitive. It's almost as if the NCAA is toying with us.

To modify Tark's quote slightly - the way the NCAA would have us believe, 9 out of 10 programs are cheating, and the 10th is Kentucky.

I think the program is clean.. hear me out...
They are quite possibly the most scrutinized program today (due in part to past issues and current success)With all the attention, there is not even a hint of smoke, much less fireWith all the former players (NBA, grads, transfer, washouts, whatever) there are no accusations of wrong doingThis is year 6 for Cal. He may be a used car salesman, but with all he's done, if there was anything to come up, it should have come up by now
As far as probation, suspensions, etc. UK has had a few players that had to sit some (or all) games. Heck, the NCAA threw a hissy fit when UK tried to aware Cal with his "500th" win. But I think the difference between UK and UNC and Syracuse is that UK has already been down the road of wrong doing (Emory anyone) and has a higher focus on compliance (rehabilitated criminal) than some of those other programs who never got caught and kept it going...

Everything that is done has been in line with the rules and has been above board. It might not be liked by everyone, but that does not make it illegal or "cheating." Cal's found a way to maximize the current system. If I'm eventually proven wrong, so be it... but remember, innocent until proven guilty. Right now, there's not even a hint of a charge... much less a conviction.

In summary, if this was any other program, we would all be celebrating what these kids have done. Don't make them pay the price because you don't like the coach or the current rules.

How much real scrutiny is there though, really? It seems that the NCAA compliance department is very small. It took them 10 years to dig through the Cuse slog. What else were they working on during that time?

If anything, I would have thought someone like Thamel or Forde or even Tipton would have turned something up by now, but even that hasn't happened. The wormhole must be very deep and well protected.

Their not going to get caught match made in heaven Cal and Uk equals big dollars for ESPN . Cal and WWW has the system down to a science now. Palms have been greased in all the right places. Those in the know have no reason at present to mess up their gravy train. Only when someone low on the totem poll is slighted will the shoe drop.

Sorry, the conspiracy theories just don't hold water. Even if the NCAA is Sgt. Shultz and ESPN is a corrupt Warden; each pleading ignorant or turning a blind eye...

What about all the fans who despise Cal or UK or both? What about OTHER sports/news outlets... wouldn't Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, or a myriad of others jump on a chance to expose this at the "cost" to ESPN? What about freelance sports writers or bloggers... this would be a career making story.

There are too many people who could gain, and the electronic world (social media, email, phone records, hacking, etc) makes it much easier to gather information.

Again, prove me wrong, please. But until someone does, it only sounds like jealous, petty ranting. There are a lot of people who don't like Cal, fine. But that doesn't lessen the accomplishment of these kids.

If this was any other school, we would all be cheering them on or at least celebrating their accomplishments without trying to tear them down. Put the hatred aside for a minute and appreciate a hell of a run.

I will never root for anything positive to happen for that program. this team was bought plain and simple. I have a problem praising Cal screw him. Cheating goes on at every school the rich just get richer and the powers that be now have just turn a blind eye to it. Heres something to chew on why does the ncaa always catch and lay the hammer for cheating on schools that are not on Uk,Duke ,Kansas and UNC level. Common denominator all Blue Bloods anyone else is on the outside looking in example Syracuse .

Originally posted by REDBEASTFURRY:
I will never root for anything positive to happen for that program. this team was bought plain and simple. I have a problem praising Cal screw him. Cheating goes on at every school the rich just get richer and the powers that be now have just turn a blind eye to it. Heres something to chew on why does the ncaa always catch and lay the hammer for cheating on schools that are not on Uk,Duke ,Kansas and UNC level. Common denominator all Blue Bloods anyone else is on the outside looking in example Syracuse .
WWW doing all the dirty work.......

UK is nothing but a NBA D-League team and their fans have sold their souls for victories. Like others on this board, I do not care to watch them because the line up changes from year to year. Give me kids that want to experience the growth and maturity 3-4 years in college gives you. I hope these one and dones do not become the latest in a long line of NBA players who end up broke in the years following their careers.

How is playing in the sec a hell of a run? An nba farm team winning against a conference that has no top 20 teams.

u of k has not played a top 20 team this year. Nope not impressed with the www wildcats

How is playing in the sec a hell of a run? An nba farm team winning against a conference that has no top 20 teams.

u of k has not played a top 20 team this year. Nope not impressed with the www wildcats

Originally posted by catmasterson:

u of k has not played a top 20 team this year. ....
Kansas #10
UL #13
UNC #19
Arkansas #20
The average RPI of the teams UK defeated is 105; 4th highest in the nation behind Kansas, 'Nova, and Wisky.... That's higher than any ACC team

too funny
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by IrishPokerDog:
Originally posted by catmasterson:

u of k has not played a top 20 team this year. ....
Kansas #10
UL #13
UNC #19
Arkansas #20
The average RPI of the teams UK defeated is 105; 4th highest in the nation behind Kansas, 'Nova, and Wisky.... That's higher than any ACC team

too funny
laugh.r191677.gif
True, but the key phrase there is "defeated". Since UK has defeated everyone, shouldn't their RPI be the highest over everyone? All you did was prove how weak the SEC has been by pointing out that teams with losses have higher RPI wins than the undefeated UK Wildcats.

That is too funny.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/10 9:07 AM by Cue Card

Originally posted by Cardraven:
Two of the teams I loathe the most,
The blue neck puke team and their fans,
And the Squeeler team ,
Go Cards, Go Ravens
Great minds think alike! I love the Cards & Ravens too!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT