ADVERTISEMENT

Challenging stretch lies ahead. 4 straight away games.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
3 game series at #2 NCST. Let's see if that "UofL has never been swept in ACC play" badge of honor holds true. Then a midweek game in Lexington. That's a winnable game on paper, but that atmosphere should be raucous.

A mini-losing streak could be a reality. Let's Go!

Reactions: Deeva
Time for the learning to net some results. I'm anxious to see if there's some progress since Clemson. I know it's only been a week,but the post season is just around the corner.

Reactions: Deeva
Oh my....McAvene gets Cards out of a jam. We're in dire need of a few more...I think.
12-9 and getting tighter.

Reactions: PHCARD
That game had me nervous. We saved Hoeing for the next game. FSU putting it to Clemson twice. Yeah! Go Cards!

Reactions: earsky
Bennett has to get at least midway into this game. He has to pitch well for our chances to win the series. He is primed to get going.

Bennett gets out of bases loaded ,nobody out jam. Cards get 2 in the 3rd. Woo hoo!

Wow!! Bennett coming thru and I think our kids like having dirt on their uniforms. Tyra might consider going to dirt at Patterson.:D

Yes they have smiled and laughed all day at slip sliding away. Easy to do when you are Winning!

Expect to see NC St throw lefty Canaan Silver today. I think Coach goes with his first game lineup from yesterday to counter.
Let's go get it Cards!!

Last edited:
Miller out of bases loaded jam. On to the 6th. 2-0 Cards. We need a few more runs!!

Grow some blue.!! That's as mad as I've seen Coach on balls and strikes.

I was about to throw that out there re: starting pitcher. Mac has used the same guy twice before even though that baffled many here. I would bet UK does not start the same guy who pitched against us the first time. If it is Luke fine. He didn’t really pitch well last time. But, I the pen is warm and ready when (If) needed. Question: Wright and Lohman. Anyone know if Mac decided to RS these two or if maybe they are banged up. I do not recall seeing either pitch for quite some time - could have missed them obviously.

I was about to throw that out there re: starting pitcher. Mac has used the same guy twice before even though that baffled many here. I would bet UK does not start the same guy who pitched against us the first time. If it is Luke fine. He didn’t really pitch well last time. But, I the pen is warm and ready when (If) needed. Question: Wright and Lohman. Anyone know if Mac decided to RS these two or if maybe they are banged up. I do not recall seeing either pitch for quite some time - could have missed them obviously.
Interesting enough but both of them pitched one inning each against NKU. Wright had 2 ks while Lohman walked a batter. I’m wondering if Smiddy is hurt? He’s only pitched 9 innings total.

Ok I missed that. I didn’t watch the entire NKU game so that makes sense. I think, unfortunately, Smiddy has had trouble pounding the strike zone. If you come in from the pen and can’t throw strikes...that’s a problem.

I think the benefit of Bennett and Miller going a majority of those last 2 against NC St will be seen tonight.
Question: Wright and Lohman. Anyone know if Mac decided to RS these two or if maybe they are banged up.
I think we see them both,along with McAavene at some point. I do expect to see Smith start the game. If he's throwing the off speed in the zone,it'll be a good night starting out.

The question I have is about Austin Dickey.
Anybody know what's up there? Heard at the field last week he's not hurt.

The challenging, yet, very successful stretch continues on this week, as top 25 Miami comes to town tomorrow. Plenty of rain in the forecast, too.

We will miss Thurs game but I hope to see some of that bat action Fri & Sat. I hope the crowd is there to cheer them on. But Easter weekend will hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT