ADVERTISEMENT

Cards win Game 3 of the series

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Whew! Cards grind out a must win tonight, 3-2. I decided not to post during the game because I thought I was bad luck. Cards got off to a great start in the first by virtue of Gardner's 2 run HR. Kidston who started went 7 innings, gave up 5 hits and 2 runs. Kidston started off shaky by hitting the 1st two batters followed by a wild pitch and a RBI fly ball. Cards would tack on another run in the 5th with a RBI single by Whiting. Kidston would give up 1 run in the 6th and that would be the end of the scoring. Kidston threw 110 pitches and was relieved by Philley who pitched a scoreless 8th. That would set up Burdi to close out the 9th. Burdi retired the 1st batter by flyout followed by a strikeout. It would then get very interesting. Burdi would then give up back to back singles putting runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs. The next guy hits a ground ball to 3rd and Chittenden makes a throwing error but runners do not score and loads up the bases. Burdi then strikes out the final batter for the win. If you followed last night's game, Burdi had 3 wild pitches that allowed the Knights to win. Cards now need to take care of business the rest of the way out. They still have USF left who are a couple games behind the Cards for 3rd place.

Well glad we salvaged one.

Clearly, we make tons and tons of mistakes. Even in tonight's win. Now I'll make the Mr Obvious statement of the night. If we cut those out (or down tremendously) than I like our chances for a deep run this year. If we don't, then we won't.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I was only able to hear half the game and at the time Kidston didn't seem to be on. If there has been a must win this year, today was it and I was proud of the guys for fighting out of the corner for now but with all the errors our defense seems to enjoy, we need this pitching staff to figure things out soon or football season starts in early June this year.

Similar for UCF in regardsbtonerrosbib defense. The two run home run in the first for cards came after a two out error by the UCF shortstop.

Woulda
Could
Shoulda

If that didn't happen...who knows, but that set tone for game.

Glad we won but this team needs to clean up it's play if we are going to make any postseason noise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT