ADVERTISEMENT

CARDS vs FSU Series

The errors, especially from the SS spot have got to stop. They appear to be caused by a lack of concentration.

GO CARDS!!!

Well they better be prepared to score some runs because other than Kirian, Seed and Elliott, our hurlers are not performing and today two of those are not available.

Well they better be prepared to score some runs because other than Kirian, Seed and Elliott, our hurlers are not performing and today two of those are not available.
My best guess is Luke Smith will have to pitch his best game of the season to date.
Yeah, and it would be great if the offense could jump on them early,help him out.

Reactions: gocds
Until CDM realizes that when a guy can't throw his fastball, slider, and only can get his changeup over for the last two plus innings, needs to be taken out, this team is mediocre at best. Add to it, a few guys that think they are looking to jack the ball. Not a good team.

Reactions: Bardman
If we can scratch out at least 1 against this guy, we can break them. He's given up basically nothing in 9 innings this season.

Just realized that FSU didn't have a shift on against Binelas'single up the middle.
Alex deserves a lot of credit for getting himself to be able to hit the ball to the opposite field.

Reactions: Deeva and PHCARD
Webster looked good. Need others to step up. If we play our game offensively and shore up the defense and get reliable relief pitching...

ACC appears to be really down this season. Lotta programs losing more than usual.

Reactions: Deeva and PHCARD
This game today is exactly what the baseball program needed. They proved they can play with some of the best programs in the country,

GO CARDS!!!

I felt like we turned a wide corner today. Is it just wishful thinking? We shall see. Healthy team and confidence is key.

This game today is exactly what the baseball program needed. They proved they can play with some of the best programs in the country,

GO CARDS!!!
Coming up to that game yesterday, I was thinking about how big it could end up being in the long run. I sure hope it's what gets the team going.
I think the offense figured out that the FSU pitchers weren't really pounding the zone early in the counts. They were trying to make our hitters chase balls out of the zone. Once we started taking those pitches,it was about a hitter's count.

No midweek game this week. Actually, there are only two midweek games left. @ UK on 4/20, then we host Vandy on 5/4, who dropped two against UGA at home this past weekend. The season is going by fast.

I encourage you guys to take a glance at some of the other pedigree College Baseball teams performance this season; i.e., Vanderbilt, the Mississippi schools, Clemson, Miami, IU, etc as examples of experiencing some of the same issues we are witnessing here at UL. Come post season time, with some luck on the injury list, this UL team could return as one of the favorites in Omaha.

Reactions: PHCARD and gocds
I encourage you guys to take a glance at some of the other pedigree College Baseball teams performance this season; i.e., Vanderbilt, the Mississippi schools, Clemson, Miami, IU, etc as examples of experiencing some of the same issues we are witnessing here at UL. Come post season time, with some luck on the injury list, this UL team could return as one of the favorites in Omaha.
Totally agree 233.

GO CARDS!!!

I was asked about Omaha yesterday at the game. I flatly told my friend- Yeah, I don’t see this an Omaha type of team. Then, the more I thought about it I told him, ‘Well, IF our pitching can get healthy and mentally right, if some of the silly errors go away and if the lineup produces like it can (all throughout the lineup)...If these things happen, especially come tourney time...they easily could catch fire and be a real threat. One last comment. Where have they been hiding Galvan?

Reactions: gocds and PHCARD
ImOne last comment. Where have they been hiding Galvan?

I thought the same thing on Galvan. But I did hear the announcers say the last time he was in was during the KY game. During that game I kinda lost sight and pulled away from the pain. Wonder why? 🙂

Reactions: Bardman
Galvan 6’6” and 240 lbs and was impressive. WTH he could be a tight end.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: PHCARD

I’m going to go looking. Thanks for the info.

I thought the same thing on Galvan. But I did hear the announcers say the last time he was in was during the KY game. During that game I kinda lost sight and pulled away from the pain. Wonder why? 🙂
I was too lazy to search for season stats. I couldn’t watch/follow the UK game much as I was on vacation. I do know he looked strong and he threw strikes. Webster looked good again. Tate - not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT