ADVERTISEMENT

CARDS vs Duke series

Did anyone else think Smith partly was pulled because of his reaction to the last pitch on that full count, called ball and was very questionable? Luke came off the mound and jumped up in the air 2-3 times and it looked like he was mouthing something.
I was at the first game,left and came back around the 4th inning of the second one. Missed this

Did anyone else think Smith partly was pulled because of his reaction to the last pitch on that full count, called ball and was very questionable? Luke came off the mound and jumped up in the air 2-3 times and it looked like he was mouthing something.
You are 100% correct PHCARD! Coach Dan sending a message! Then even as Luke, was being told to hand over the baseball. Body language questionable at best, for a Team Captain! Luke needs to learn how to keep his emotions under control! Cannot count, on a Pitcher in a Big Game, that cannot keep his emotions under control. Hope Luke can learn, from what Coach Dan did, by taking the ball away from him. This in a pivotal game, at a very pivotal moment! IMO Coach Dan move was the key decision, that won UL the pivotal Rubber Game, in this 3 game series!!

They are capable of really be good offensively but man they have days where average pitchers make them look very average
I absolutely agree with this. I think the scouting report reflects that there are guys in this lineup that will chase pitches out of the zone. Our guys should be reading their own scouting reports.

Reactions: Mayoman and Bardman
Well I’m not going to tell great coach like CDM how to coach but I think I’d move Smith to a long relief spot and move someone else into a starting role. Maybe Webster or Corbett. Plus I’d have a serious heart to heart with Smith.

GO CARDS!!!

Last edited:
Great take on moving Luke. I think he’d be great in the closer role. Give Lohman or Prosecky the Sunday job for now.

I'm still conflicted about Albanese and his role going forward. If he is healthy (and we're rooting for this big time) where does he fit in? Candidate for his old spot? Lots of moving parts this late in the season.

Reactions: gocds
Remember, these kids are not machines; not a single one can perform game in and game out without periods where they experience some lapse.

Trey has lead this team in batting average virtually the entire season, but he is 0 for his last 12 at bats. The key to tournament time is getting everyone playing as close to consistent baseball as possible at the same time.

Reactions: Bardman and gocds
Remember, these kids are not machines; not a single one can perform game in and game out without periods where they experience some lapse.

Trey has lead this team in batting average virtually the entire season, but he is 0 for his last 12 at bats. The key to tournament time is getting everyone playing as close to consistent baseball as possible at the same time.
Good post. CDM’s coaching expertise over the years is based on getting his kids to play consistently. I certainly wouldn’t bet against him in that regard with this team. Looking forward to the UNC series this upcoming weekend.

GO CARDS!!!

With Albanese...no doubt his absence has affected the performance of the pitching staff as a whole. I think, if he is healthy and available, you could shift him to the Sunday starter or get him in that long relief role. Kirian usually has 4-5 strong innings. It would be great to be able to bring in Albanese to finish a Friday game. Pretty much like splitting the Friday starter role.

Reactions: earsky
Need to close strong and win these last two series. UNC is 21-21, 15-9 at home, so a road series win is manageable. I'll try not to look ahead to Miami, but having them at home to close the regular season- I like it.

Reactions: Deeva and gocds
It’s already been said that if Albanese pitches again, it will be postseason. That says to me that he has some injury, maybe a partial tear that will only get worse. If he pitches now, he won’t make the postseason. Things could improve I guess.

It’s already been said that if Albanese pitches again, it will be postseason. That says to me that he has some injury, maybe a partial tear that will only get worse. If he pitches now, he won’t make the postseason. Things could improve I guess.

Sports radio chatter? If it was Sean chatter, I’ll buy it as gospel.

The statement that Albanese won’t pitch until postseason has been stated a couple of times. The speculation about a potential injury is pure speculation by me, but he tried coming back once and was immediately shut down again. I think it’s more than just arm fatigue. Again, just my own opinion.

Well, I hope for Glenn's sake, he's gonna be alright.
He has a bright future ahead.

Reactions: gocds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT