ADVERTISEMENT

Can we talk about baseball(Part2)?

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
One for the ages today.Hope you guys got out to see the Comeback Cards do it again.Down 5-0 in the rubber game against FSU,they scratched and clawed their way back,with Solak hitting a 3 run dinger in the 7th to tie it and Will Smith busting the tie with a solo shot in the 8th for the go ahead lead,Burdi getting the win.

Great game and the momentum builds.....

Reactions: pervisl
Dammit. I turned it off after we got down 5-0. :(
Congrats baseball Cards, ACC Champs!

Dammit. I turned it off after we got down 5-0. :(
Congrats baseball Cards, ACC Champs!

This team is ridiculously special. 4 freshmen started on either Friday or Saturday, I forget which. Thye seniors are all these dirt guys who compete to the max and teach the Louisville Way to the more than capable youngsters. Coach Mac's recruiting is golden now going into 2017. This is a hugely major program in the making.

This team is ridiculously special. 4 freshmen started on either Friday or Saturday, I forget which. Thye seniors are all these dirt guys who compete to the max and teach the Louisville Way to the more than capable youngsters. Coach Mac's recruiting is golden now going into 2017. This is a hugely major program in the making.

What's the deal with the Baseball Board being only Premium? That seems foolish, somehow. I don't understand.

I took a nap when we were down. Woke up and jokingly asked my spouse how much we won by?
Was I ever surprised that they came back on FSU. Love UL baseball and looking forward to Tues nite at Patterson against Vandy. Go CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never nap on this team!

Good question about the baseball board (premium?)...

You'd think that they would want more traffic on this site, doing away with the free baseball board doesn't make sense.

At least I didn't turn the game off after we got down 5-0 this time. But alas, no 6 run turnaround.

First time I heard Dan McDonnell somewhat angry was last night during the post game interview. He didn't "lose it" or anything but you can tell he was disappointed about the loss and at his players.

Ray had a chance to make a tough play on a deep fly ball that would have prevented the four run third inning, but he seemed to lose sight of the ball and the rest is history. Cards would have won 2-1 if he could have made that one play. We will see Vandy again, at some point. Two very good teams.

Reactions: earsky
Great crowd again last nite. The last 4 home games we've averaged over 4500 fans. Pretty darn good considering it was Mother's Day weekend. Go CARDS. Let's get a regional(no doubt) and a super regional in our great city.

Ray had a chance to make a tough play on a deep fly ball that would have prevented the four run third inning, but he seemed to lose sight of the ball and the rest is history. Cards would have won 2-1 if he could have made that one play. We will see Vandy again, at some point. Two very good teams.
He's struggling a little out there.

Huge game for both teams,but probably bigger for Vandy coming in.They used a lot of lefties,batting and throwing.They won't see the same looks if we cross again.

Being there to watch the FSU game on Mothers Day with my mother was the best but to be there to witness that comeback made it even better. The Vandy game will work out for us if history proves true. The last 3 years the team to lose this game has knocked the other out of the post season.

We need to take care of NCST and finish with the all time best conference record in the ACC then head into the ACCT with nothing on our minds but having a good time before the real season starts. Nothing that we do in the conference tournament will make one difference on our national seed so might as well let the boys enjoy themselves with zero pressure or expectations.

Only thing I am looking hard at now is how Funk bounces back after that less than inspiring outing against the Noles. Last thing we need is the pressure of the draft messing with his head heading into the regional. We alos need Harrington to hit the damn ball again. Right now he is a free out for the other team at the plate. And worst part is we all know how plate performance can effect fielding performance when the pressure mounts and we need his talented glove to shine on a defense that in all honesty is not great

...We also need Harrington to hit the damn ball again. Right now he is a free out for the other team at the plate. And worst part is we all know how plate performance can effect fielding performance when the pressure mounts and we need his talented glove to shine on a defense that in all honesty is not great
Are you talking about Whiting??

I think you're talking about Hairston. We do have a Harrington, but he's a pitcher...

More errors than hits wont bring you many W's. Game 2 against NCST was very hard to sit through. I think the guys need a break. Win Game 3 and like I said before, use the ACCT as a vacation with baseball games in between the fun and relaxation. Play some seldom used guys and rest our starters a bit

Yes, late in the season and it might benefit to give the guys some rest and fun. Can't lose your fun in your game. Hopefully we come back today with victory. That's something CRP does late in the season, let's up and makes it fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT