ADVERTISEMENT

Can Cards Win On The Road?

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Next up @ GTech.

Cards won the previous matchup by 10 at home. Can they win one game on the road this season?

Definitely a game that UofL should be competitive in. Tech has been playing better since they lost to us, winning 3 of their last 5 (all 3 wins at home). They also have gotten one of their best players (Lance Terry) back from injury - he didn’t play against us last time.

Tech plays good defense, so I see how UofL reacts to that defense as the determining factor in this one. Will UofL be resilient enough to fight through some adversity if they are not hitting shots? On the road, I doubt it.

Reactions: shadow force
Definitely a game that UofL should be competitive in. Tech has been playing better since they lost to us, winning 3 of their last 5 (all 3 wins at home). They also have gotten one of their best players (Lance Terry) back from injury - he didn’t play against us last time.

Tech plays good defense, so I see how UofL reacts to that defense as the determining factor in this one. Will UofL be resilient enough to fight through some adversity if they are not hitting shots? On the road, I doubt it.
I agree. Tech is 10-6 at home on the season. Having Terry back should be a big factor in this game. Tech has shown that they can play solid defense and get out and run more at home. Tech did not take advantage of the Cards turnovers in the 1st game.

Ellis and Traynor are on a roll. Does Ellis get the same help from James, Lands, and Withers on offense? No comment on the defense.

Some interesting stats from the first game. Cards outrebounded Tech 46 to 32. Cards had 15 turnovers compared to Tech's 5. Both teams made 7 3s. Tech shot 30% on 18-61 FGs while the Cards shot 46% on 21-46 FGs. Cards had 4 guys score in double figures. Withers 19 points shooting 4-6 from 3. Sometimes (most times) the outcome really is as simple as makes and misses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT