ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari to UCLA

Digging deeper into your incoherent reply......do you argue any of the points I made? Is the traffic worse or better in Cali? Is the cost of living higher here or in Cali? Is real estate more expensive here or in Cali? Keep in mind we are discussing LA here. I won’t make you comment of the people being nicer, don’t worry. Or are those anecdotal generalizations based on second hand knowledge? Haha.
I get that you’re not that worldly but, people have told you that there’s more in California than LA - right? You also don’t seem terribly bright but, you do understand that COL is directly tied to how desirable the location is - right? Real estate costs more but then again, is worth more - sorta how that works too. On a more local level - that’s why a house in Anchorage or Indian Hills costs more than your double wide in Dog Patch.

“Digging deeper” - lol.

I get that you’re not that worldly but, people have told you that there’s more in California than LA - right? You also don’t seem terribly bright but, you do understand that COL is directly tied to how desirable the location is - right? Real estate costs more but then again, is worth more - sorta how that works too. On a more local level - that’s why a house in Anchorage or Indian Hills costs more than your double wide in Dog Patch.

“Digging deeper” - lol.
Actually los angeles is the part I’ve traveled to the least. But this thread was about Kentucky’s coach potentially taking a job in LA so why would we discuss Temecula that thoroughly?

At any rate, you asked for a more in depth explanation of how I arrived at my opinion and I gave it to you. You already made up your mind to attack it even though my points are pretty much common knowledge and common sense. Yes I know how COL works and I understand the real estate market. Take 400k to LA and go house hunting. Then take a look at a 400k house in Lexington. It’s really not that hard bud. But some folks are happy with a 900 sq foot apartment. To each their own.

You don’t know anything about me but I love when you try to pretend you do. Haha.

At the end of the day my opinion is what it is and I don’t care if you agree. I love the bluegrass state and raising my family here

Uhhhhhh, the Westwood section of Los Angeles. You know, just a tick south of beautiful Bel Air and just a rocks throw from the upscale Brentwood area.

Stay in your lane bro.
Cool. Just had to ask because you didn’t mention Westwood in your list of awesome California places

That’s my favorite commercial right now by the way. Cracks me up.

When are people going to learn Cal or his people float these rumors annually. He has no reason to leave UK especially for another college job. He is provided whatever player he needs and when it needs it. He needs a PG Hagans reclassified and he needs a PF grab the best PF available. Nobody and I mean nobody cares about west coast basketball.

Reactions: Cue Card
That seals it folks....nothing to see here. I would have expected him to say , "yea, Im tempted guys and am honestly considering it...but lets talk about that after the tourny"

But he didnt so now Im convinced. Good find BigSwaggyCalfromGA
Wait and see then.

On a scale of 1 thru 10. My level of concern about the possibility of John Calipari leaving UK for UCLA. ZERO. AIN'T HAPPENING

I’m from Louisville, lived there until I moved to Berkeley for grad school when I was 22. I’m now 35, and still live in California. It has its perks (weather, better looking women, pro sports, beaches, a more lucrative market and opportunities for people in tech fields, etc.)

I do love Louisville as well, it’s just taking some time to grow, that has a lot to do with the political climate of Kentucky. As long as Bevin is at the helm, Louisville and Kentucky in general will keep getting set back. As far as the “people are nicer in Kentucky” comment....lol such a farce, there are assholes everywhere.

I’m from Louisville, lived there until I moved to Berkeley for grad school when I was 22. I’m now 35, and still live in California. It has its perks (weather, better looking women, pro sports, beaches, a more lucrative market and opportunities for people in tech fields, etc.)

I do love Louisville as well, it’s just taking some time to grow, that has a lot to do with the political climate of Kentucky. As long as Bevin is at the helm, Louisville and Kentucky in general will keep getting set back. As far as the “people are nicer in Kentucky” comment....lol such a farce, there are assholes everywhere.
I hope it doesn't grow....I have lived all over the world from Hong Kong to Moscow. If I want to live in a big city ill move. Louisville is perfect the way it is.

1980, 1982, 1983, 1986, 2005, 2012, 2013

huh......weird I count 4 final fours in the 80s alone.....idiot. and 3 national championships. So we have 7 final fours to your 8. Like I said not much difference . Now go back to your trailer

Reactions: CardsFirst
I hope it doesn't grow....I have lived all over the world from Hong Kong to Moscow. If I want to live in a big city ill move. Louisville is perfect the way it is.
Seems like they’re trying to gear for that but I doubt it happens. Biggest I see Louisville getting is somewhere comparable to Nashville.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Nobody but illegals are moving to California all the taxpayers are leaving. 69000 Californians have moved to Texas this past year. Thousands of others are moving to Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico. California tried to pass a law saying if you earned your money in California your money had to stay there even if you left. Needless to say it failed and people took their money with them.
New York is the next big State everyone is moving away from unfortunately they're moving into the South. I lived in California for a year and I doubt Calipari would move there. Besides UCLA is notorious for paying their coaches low pay considering the cost of living.

Nobody but illegals are moving to California all the taxpayers are leaving. 69000 Californians have moved to Texas this past year. Thousands of others are moving to Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico. California tried to pass a law saying if you earned your money in California your money had to stay there even if you left. Needless to say it failed and people took their money with them.
New York is the next big State everyone is moving away from unfortunately they're moving into the South. I lived in California for a year and I doubt Calipari would move there. Besides UCLA is notorious for paying their coaches low pay considering the cost of living.
All true, but I wonder why this is happening? I mean both states are such a sanctuary. Weird stuff.

Reactions: PHCARD
Can we all just agree that Cal ain’t leaving for UCLA and it costs a crap ton to live in California?

Seems like they’re trying to gear for that but I doubt it happens. Biggest I see Louisville getting is somewhere comparable to Nashville.

Hard to figure out SuCk math. It’s like their own hillbilly language.

Can we all just agree that Cal ain’t leaving for UCLA and it costs a crap ton to live in California?
Hope he never proves me wrong but I think he’s only about a top 20-30 game coach. Until he wins #2 or more let him stay, yeah he accumulates a massive amount of talent but where’s the hardware? Ultimately that’s all that matters.

I used to think Dean Smith squandered a lot of title opportunities with the talent he went through at UNC. Smith’s failures pale in comparison to the number of burger boys and future pros that Brad’s dad has ran through. If he continues to come up short I’m all for the snake oil salesmen staying!

32 players drafted since 2009 under fat cow and one NCAA championship in 21 years.

Discuss. :p

Reactions: zipp
Thank you for bringing out the UK trolls in 3,2,1...

Just what this board needs more of.

Which state has higher taxes Ghost? That's actually a serious question because I haven't lived in Kentucky since 1988 and the last time I was living in California was 2001. I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure the taxes are out of control high in California compared to Kentucky.
I live in Cali and the property taxes are about 1.2 % depending on where you live, but on a million dollar home that's 12k a year..Sales tax is 8 %, and the gasoline tax for the state is approx .34 per gallon. Avg price now is about 3.60 per gallon for 87 octane..Auto license is high, and Newsom is pushing for additional water taxes on all to help areas where there is a water pollution problem. It costs a bunch to live here, but the weather is a delight most of the time. Traffic is a pain, but when the sun is shining 90% of the days, it's worth a few minutes in traffic..
I do not believe that Cal will leave UK b-4 he retires. After all isn't 8 mil per yr enough?

Reactions: cyanide_78
I think it's smart that UCLA is going after guys like Pitino and Calipari. Their program is at the point where they're going to have to step it up if they want to return to relevancy.

The dust is covered with dust on most of those championship banners at Pauley.

I think they can come up with the money. Someone in L.A. has to have $10+ mil/year burning a hole in their pocket. It's just a question of what the the top tier guys feel like doing.

Everyone I'd like to make an announcement. my sister is pregnant. I'm gonna be a dad!

I am not sure however, whatever they are in California - they aren't destroying the very fabric of life there - which I guess was my point. Place has the 5th largest economy in the world - I'd say they've got more than a few things going for them.
BP as always you’re on point dude!

Reactions: BPGhost
Not saying it's true or not, but I actually heard this one 2-3 weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT