ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari to UCLA

I am DEAD serious. I have a few people out that way. May be false info, but I was told its a done deal and to be on the lookout after the tourney. I guess things could change between now and then but it is what it is

Confirmed, he gone. Just talked to Matty Bangz. He knew this was the year he was leaving so that's why he's running for Senate...the ride is over. We are looking to hire Shaka Smart from Texas, but not 100%.

N-E-V-E-R going to happen. UCLA is a has been program in a state where high taxes are destroying the very fabric of life. Calipari is many things, but stupid is not one of them. He will retire from coaching from UofK.

Confirmed, he gone. Just talked to Matty Bangz. He knew this was the year he was leaving so that's why he's running for Senate...the ride is over. We are looking to hire Shaka Smart from Texas, but not 100%.
Seriously though, Kentucky just can’t take who they want, they rarely get their top couple of choices.

....and if Calipari were to go to LA, it would probably be with the Lakers.

N-E-V-E-R going to happen. UCLA is a has been program in a state where high taxes are destroying the very fabric of life. Calipari is many things, but stupid is not one of them. He will retire from coaching from UofK.
Putting Cal's relative stupidity aside for the moment - Cue you can't be seriously (albeit indirectly) comparing California negatively to Kentucky - can you? o_O

Putting Cal's relative stupidity aside for the moment - Cue you can't be seriously (albeit indirectly) comparing California negatively to Kentucky - can you? o_O
Kentucky is way better. I hate going to cali although I do like northern cali and the Berkeley area

Which state has higher taxes Ghost? That's actually a serious question because I haven't lived in Kentucky since 1988 and the last time I was living in California was 2001. I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure the taxes are out of control high in California compared to Kentucky.

Kentucky is way better. I hate going to cali although I do like northern cali and the Berkeley area
That sounds objective. As someone who has read a few of your posts, I'm not expecting much but, please expound on the metric you used to determine that conclusion.

Which state has higher taxes Ghost? That's actually a serious question because I haven't lived in Kentucky since 1988 and the last time I was living in California was 2001. I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure the taxes are out of control high in California compared to Kentucky.
I am not sure however, whatever they are in California - they aren't destroying the very fabric of life there - which I guess was my point. Place has the 5th largest economy in the world - I'd say they've got more than a few things going for them.

I am not sure however, whatever they are in California - they aren't destroying the very fabric of life there - which I guess was my point. Place has the 5th largest economy in the world - I'd say they've got more than a few things going for them.
I guess that was a little harsh on my part by saying that. Still, I would prefer not to give a majority of my hard earned money to the state I live in no matter how nice it appears to be.

Reactions: BPGhost
There was a thread about this on rupp rafters this morning. Several posters pleading with the mods to delete. It has since been deleted. However there were several interesting comments that had originated from the west coast. If true, what a distraction right before the tournament.

Yeah our beaches here in KY are spectacular and hey the skiings pretty good. Lol

There was a thread about this on rupp rafters this morning. Several posters pleading with the mods to delete. It has since been deleted. However there were several interesting comments that had originated from the west coast. If true, what a distraction right before the tournament.

I don’t think it’s much of a distraction since most of their team departs each year anyway. I think is a joke because I just don’t see it happening.

I am DEAD serious. I have a few people out that way. May be false info, but I was told its a done deal and to be on the lookout after the tourney. I guess things could change between now and then but it is what it is
Not a chance. I saw some ridiculous tweets this morning, which is where this rumor is coming from. The PAC-12 is a terrible conference, UCLA has no real fan base, the cost of living is outrageous, Brad still has 1 year at UK, on and on with reasons this will never happen.

That sounds objective. As someone who has read a few of your posts, I'm not expecting much but, please expound on the metric you used to determine that conclusion.
In my opinion, I prefer way of life in Kentucky over California. Cost of living is night and day. The people are nicer, traffic is basically nonexistent. Just take a look at real estate in California. I know there is a salary adjustment but it still doesn’t equate. I’m a small town guy. I prefer it over more populated areas. I also enjoy being able to have a nice home and live amongst friendly people.

I would kill for some better weather at times but for me, Kentucky is a wonderful place to raise my family.

Yeah our beaches here in KY are spectacular and hey the skiings pretty good. Lol
Great place for a vacation. Not a great place to go house hunting

Depends on how much money you make. We’re talking about Calamari. I think he’ll make good enough money to afford a pretty nice house. But I don’t think he’s going anywhere. As far as traffic I assume you don’t live in Louisville, because of the traffic comment. We don’t have LA traffic but it certainly isn’t non existent.

Reactions: earsky
In my opinion, I prefer way of life in Kentucky over California. Cost of living is night and day. The people are nicer, traffic is basically nonexistent. Just take a look at real estate in California. I know there is a salary adjustment but it still doesn’t equate. I’m a small town guy. I prefer it over more populated areas. I also enjoy being able to have a nice home and live amongst friendly people.

I would kill for some better weather at times but for me, Kentucky is a wonderful place to raise my family.

On a day to day basis, most of us are going to work, running our kids everywhere, doing chores/errands, and sleeping. I prefer to spend as little as possible of what's left over standing in a line or sitting in traffic. The sweet spot of this is to work and live in the suburbs, or have a major city an hour or so away. Pittsburgh is about 90 minutes from me.

Not a chance. I saw some ridiculous tweets this morning, which is where this rumor is coming from. The PAC-12 is a terrible conference, UCLA has no real fan base, the cost of living is outrageous, Brad still has 1 year at UK, on and on with reasons this will never happen.
South Carolina finished 4th in the SEC, the PAC couldn’t be much worse than that.

That's about the level of critical thinking that I expected - a bunch of hasty generalizations based upon at best anecdotal (probably mostly 2nd or 3rd hand) information and at worst, plain ignorance.

"The people are nicer". You must be a scientist - lol.

If history is any indicator...UCLA is the better basketball program

Yes. That was around the time the Titanic was still in service.
Yeah...knew you would say that and that's the whole reason I said it . UK fans pump their chest from records from the 30 , 40s, 50s ,or whenever when it fits your agenda. However in my lifetime UofLs and UKs records and championships isnt much different if at all since the 80s.

So yeah...I agree with you.

That's about the level of critical thinking that I expected - a bunch of hasty generalizations based upon at best anecdotal (probably mostly 2nd or 3rd hand) information and at worst, plain ignorance.

I gave you my opinion bubba. I wasn’t trying to impress you with it.

Reactions: shutzhund

Digging deeper into your incoherent reply......do you argue any of the points I made? Is the traffic worse or better in Cali? Is the cost of living higher here or in Cali? Is real estate more expensive here or in Cali? Keep in mind we are discussing LA here. I won’t make you comment of the people being nicer, don’t worry. Or are those anecdotal generalizations based on second hand knowledge? Haha.

Yeah, San Diego, Palm Springs, Oceanside, Dana Point, Poway, Malibu, Santa Barbara, San Clemente, Borrego Springs, Temecula, Etc..... are real bummers compared to living in say...Eastern KY.

I hear Dry Ridge is a heck of a town if you want to take a day trip from Hazard.

Yeah, San Diego, Palm Springs, Oceanside, Dana Point, Poway, Malibu, Santa Barbara, San Clemente, Borrego Springs, Temecula, Etc..... are real bummers compared to living in Eastern KY.
Great places to visit.

Where is UCLA located again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT