ADVERTISEMENT

Blakeney

rockycard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 8, 2007
I think we dodged a bullet on that one, the kid isn't a good shooter, but thinks he is, and we wouldn't have Lewis if not for him decommiting. I'm not hoping for the kid's failure, I just think that both schools have/will benefit from his choosing LSU.

He's awful. I can't believe we recruited him. I'm slightly, like, just a teeny tiny bit concerned that we even recruited him at all.

He is the perfect example of what is wrong with so many players today. He shouldn't be logging 32 MPG anywhere.

Reactions: zipp
I covered Blakeney's recruitment since his sophomore year and he has always been a volume shooter. If he is open, or thinks he is, he will shoot it.

I don't think he ever had a coach tell him not to shoot certain shots. Just gave him a green light all day.

I have heard that he's a bit unhappy at LSU.

I covered Blakeney's recruitment since his sophomore year and he has always been a volume shooter. If he is open, or thinks he is, he will shoot it.

I don't think he ever had a coach tell him not to shoot certain shots. Just gave him a green light all day.

I have heard that he's a bit unhappy at LSU.

Actually watched some of the LSU game onESPN 3 last night. If he's not happy at LSU he wouldn't be happy anywhere. He played 30 plus minutes last night. Ben Simmons is a really special player and first time I got to watch him in person play. LSU aas a team is awful and won't make the tournament, but Simmons will be the #1 draft pick.

Watching Blakeney I'm pretty surprised that Pitino actually recruited this kid anyway.

I haven't seen him play much but I wonder how much his poor play is due to bad coaching and I wonder what Pitino would be able to do with him. Like an earlier poster pointed out, he should be happy getting 30+ minutes because I am sure that is one reason he choose to go there. Here he wouldn't be playing that much and he wouldn't be allowed to take challenged shots.

I haven't seen him play much but I wonder how much his poor play is due to bad coaching and I wonder what Pitino would be able to do with him. Like an earlier poster pointed out, he should be happy getting 30+ minutes because I am sure that is one reason he choose to go there. Here he wouldn't be playing that much and he wouldn't be allowed to take challenged shots.

It's a good question. Would he let Pitino coach him? Hard to say, some do, some clash.

Mitchell is by far the best player of the two and it's not even close. Mitchell has shot better,got to the rim better,played defense better and pretty much everything else better than Blakeney. I'd be surprised if he gets drafted let alone as a lottery or first round pick that he and his handlers/nike/AAU coaches thought. From watching him play this year all I've seen him do is chunk up 25 contested three point shots a game. It's safe to say that we dodged a bullet with him. The same could be said for Lyle and Rowan. It looks like we came out on top on these deals.

Mitchell is by far the best player of the two and it's not even close. Mitchell has shot better,got to the rim better,played defense better and pretty much everything else better than Blakeney. I'd be surprised if he gets drafted let alone as a lottery or first round pick that he and his handlers/nike/AAU coaches thought. From watching him play this year all I've seen him do is chunk up 25 contested three point shots a game. It's safe to say that we dodged a bullet with him. The same could be said for Lyle and Rowan. It looks like we came out on top on these deals.

It's crazy how much a better shooter both Lee and Lewis are compared to Rowan.

Haven't watched him play a minute. But it sounds like he's the typical example of the 5-star shoe kid, the kind that attends LPT. While there are exceptions to that, and some of our fans may disagree, is that really the pond you wanna be fishing in? Not me.

Not if we're L1C4 anyway. Like hop said above, it's starting to concern me a little when we recruit these kids. Rather than question the 3-star signees, I'm starting to raise my eyebrows when a guy like V. J. King commits. That is, he better be one of the 5-star exceptions.

Because when one of those kids upsets team chemistry and wants to transfer, THAT is what I'll hold Pitino accountable for. Not when a lesser rated kid doesn't pan out...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT