ADVERTISEMENT

Blacked out?

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Thought I would watch some of the Pitt/GT game today on ESPN+ and it's blacked out. What's up with that?

I've been watching all of the Cards game on ESPN+. Will the Cards games in the ACC tournament also going to be blacked out?

Does anyone know for sure?

I’m able to watch it. I too have ESPN+, but I also have SlingTV with the sports add on. I believe that it’s because of that add on that I have access to the broadcast.

I have YouTube TV. Left Spectrum as it's too expensive.

I've been able to watch ACC Xtra on ESPN+. Only games ever blacked out was an occasional Cards hoops game. Never the baseball team.

But today, the ACC tournament was blacked out at least with the first game. The 3 ol clock game is about to start and if it's blacked out, it means the Cards game tomorrow and Thursday will be to.

And I don't know why. I've found nothing on line about it. It's so typical anyway with the ACC network not airing these games. ACC network sucks.

I will have to temporarily get some other streaming service if I want to watch the Cards. The ACC network apparently doesn't mind fans doing that.

Same situation as some hoops and football games. When game is available on regional network (Bally Sports South I presume in this situation), they black it out streaming to protect the regional broadcast. If you don't have that regional network but it is available in your area, you get the boot unless you can configure a VPN to make you appear elsewhere outside the blackout area.

Reactions: earsky
Same situation as some hoops and football games. When game is available on regional network (Bally Sports South I presume in this situation), they black it out streaming to protect the regional broadcast. If you don't have that regional network but it is available in your area, you get the boot unless you can configure a VPN to make you appear elsewhere outside the blackout area.
This is it. Same as the basketball BS.

There were pre-existing contracts with RSNs prior to the ACCN launch and they have to be honored (so I have read). It does stink when you are in that situation.

SlingTV orange package plus sports extra add on should get you the ACC baseball tourney (ACC Network Extra). First month of sling orange is half off, so it would cost $17.50 instead of $35. Sports extra is another $11 per month.

If you try it, I hope it works for you as well as it has for me!

I'm not going to pay that for these two games. I read the next round after pool play is not on Bally. Even if it is, I'm not paying just to watch a few college baseball games. It's BS!

What the hell is the the purpose of the ACC network? Today, they're showing ACC football games from last season instead of the baseball tournament. It's ridiculous!

You’re right, Real. The two semifinal games on Saturday will be on ACC Network, and the championship game on Sunday will be on ESPN2.

And yes, in a non-Raycom Sports world, these pool play games would be televised on the ACC Network. Let’s all hope that when the ACC contract with the old Raycom ends, we don’t have to deal with this crap anymore!

Pretty damn sad the ACCN nor ESPN+ are airing the games. I mean, SECN is airing two awful teams playing in the first round of their tournament. It’s shocking to see ACC is bush league.

I must agree; most observers recognize ACC baseball as equal to SEC, but ACC officials must have an inferiority complex that treats their highly esteemed sport as time between basketball and football.

Thought I would watch some of the Pitt/GT game today on ESPN+ and it's blacked out. What's up with that?

I've been watching all of the Cards game on ESPN+. Will the Cards games in the ACC tournament also going to be blacked out?

Does anyone know for sure?
Are you sure it's blacked out? It's listed on ESPN+,which is how I've streamed games myself this season.
I guess the better question might be was that Pitt-GT game listed as well yesterday? If so, the Cards game probably will be blacked out today.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's blacked out? It's listed on ESPN+,which is how I've streamed games myself this season.
I guess the better question might be was that Pitt-GT game listed as well yesterday? If so, the Cards game probably will be blacked out today.
Downloaded the Bally Sports App and am currently streaming this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: PushupMan
The game shows as ACC Network Extra on my ESPN app.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT