ADVERTISEMENT

BC

Little chilly to start the day. Supposed to get warmer though. Entire WBB staff oit here today with some players.

Solid outing by Liggett today!! A couple of excellent defensive plays. 4-0 heading to the bottom of the 7th. Sun ⛅️ trying to make an appearance and warm things up a bit.

Reactions: SoulSr
Cards’ bullpen trying to give the game the BC 😱😱😱

It just amazes me how stubborn McDonnell is with his pitching decisions. No way should he had put Forbes out there in the 9th. A freshman who has been in the lineup all game as a outfielder.

Use an experienced guy like Corbett or Koger. At least it worked out this time with Webster getting it done.

Cards have a huge issue at the end of games. Someone has to nail down the 9th inning.

It just amazes me how stubborn McDonnell is with his pitching decisions. No way should he had put Forbes out there in the 9th. A freshman who has been in the lineup all game as a outfielder.

Use an experienced guy like Corbett or Koger. At least it worked out this time with Webster getting it done.

Cards have a huge issue at the end of games. Someone has to nail down the 9th inning.

I think your last two sentences (and the 4-0 lead in the final game of a 3-game series we’d already clinched) explains why Forbes was the choice. The coaches love his potential and are trying to give him an opportunity to demonstrate that he can be part of the solution in the bullpen. He failed the test today, unfortunately.

Reactions: earsky
Once again, it is all about finding the strike zone; throwing in the 90s is over-rated if you cannot avoid putting these hitters on base with their having to swing the bat.

Forbes is going to be big time!
I wanted a more experienced reliever to start the ninth, but Dan wanted to see how Forbes would respond. He kept the ball down, he was in the low 90's and he was pretty close on his balls. The plan worked because we won and hopefully part of the process of developing Forbes into a solid reliever for us.

Reactions: earsky and Bardman
Once Forbes learns to swing into the pitch CDM won’t be able to keep him out of the lineup. He pretty much swings for the fences right now LOL. Even saying that…I’d have him in the lineup a good amount of time.

Reactions: shutterbug
Forbes has pitched 3.2 innings, I think I want to see a bit of more before I pass judgement on him as a pitcher.

Reactions: CardX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT