ADVERTISEMENT

Bad time for drought mode

80_86

5000+
Jul 11, 2002
The Cards had avoided their usual once a game drought mode until the last five minutes of the game. FT shooting again is killing the Cards. There has been three times they have missed both FT's. That's six points right there. And I think coach left Gill in one play too many. He had that wide open 3 but it was brick city.

This has been one wierd season that's for sure. I really don't know what to expect in the big dance.

We abandoned the paint.

We settled for a ton of deep shots for guys that hadn't hit shots all night.

A very bizarre season indeed.

This team can't survive droughts against good teams. That is why they aren't going far in the tournament. It is really hard to understand why certain guys on this team can't shoot. I understand missing challenged shots and shots just not going down. What makes no sense is they brick wide open looks. The had a ton off good looks today and they shot 24 percent in the 2nd half. The other issue is three different players go 0-6 at the free throw line hit 50 percent it is a 1 point game late with the ball.

You have to be Virginia good on defense to overcome terrible shooting Louisville this doesn't have that kind of defense.

It has never been a lack of want to or effort it really just boils down to their inability to shoot the ball with any consistency.

Yep.....even the criminals know that shooting will kill ya.

Heels came to play in the 2nd half and the Cards flew the coup.

Probably need to prep for a 5 seed. The committee has never been favorable to us in the past.

The Cards had avoided their usual once a game drought mode until the last five minutes of the game. FT shooting again is killing the Cards. There has been three times they have missed both FT's. That's six points right there. And I think coach left Gill in one play too many. He had that wide open 3 but it was brick city.

This has been one wierd season that's for sure. I really don't know what to expect in the big dance.

Agreed. .........FTs reared it's ugly head again and that doesn't bode well for the tourney. Trez doesn't get a touch with us down 4 and the ball at the 1:30ish mark. That poor possession ended the game. I think he has to get the ball in that situation.

Im im suddenly not feeling very optimistic like I was on Saturday after the UV game. It's going to be a much less enjoyable weekend.

Originally posted by Majestic Red:
The question now is whether the committee will give the Cards a 4 or 5 seed.
4 or 5 seed? Hell I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards drop all the way to a 7 seed considering how we finished the season. 1 impressive win yet a 5-5 finish over the last 10 to include a bad loss to NC State. Remember we were ranked 4th in the country that 1 year and got saddled with a 4 seed. Expect a similar disrespect Selection Sunday. It's coming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT