ADVERTISEMENT

Any Reds fans here?

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
The Reds are rolling with their longest winning streak in over 60 years. Not even the Big Red Machine had a winning streak this long.

Next up is my team, the Atlanta Braves who as of Wednesday has a 7 game winning streak going. It's going to be very interesting this weekend in Cincinnati.

I know a lot of Louisville fans are Reds fans so that's the reason for this thread. My father was a Reds fan so I always have a spot for them in my heart.

Except against the Braves baby!

There's going to to be a lot of home runs this weekend.

Lol,they better win it with this group this year. Half of them will be sold off...

Braves best the Phillies today so they now are on a 8 game winning streak.

The Reds have won 11 in a roll.

The Braves have a player in the final 2 for each position except for LF and DH for starting in the All Star game.

So the Braves could have 7 starters for the NL all star game, plus the starting pitcher who leads all of baseball in strikeouts.

The Reds are flying high, but they have their hands full this weekend.

I predict Sunday will be a rubber game with the Braves taking the series 2 to 1. It should be a close and exciting series. Hopefully there's no weather issues.

Reds taking advantage of the Braves only real weakness in the bullpen. Reds are really feeling it and it shows just exactly how confidence is what creates great performances. Every hitter comes up expecting to have success.

Reds win game one 11 to 10. De la Cruz hits for the cycle. Braves hit five home runs and lose.

It's Reds time right now and they're up against another rookie Braves starter tomorrow. 11 runs might not be enough tomorrow as the Reds have their own rookie starter.

As a Braves fan, I think this series will convince the Braves to trade for some bullpen help. Max Fried and Kyle Wright return in July, so these two rookies will go back to triple A.

Would of loved to seen Spencer Strider face the Reds in this series. Maybe in October?

Could of sworn there was some Reds fans here. I guess not.

Braves took the series 2 to 1. The Reds are legit, especially at home.

Former Louisville players are all over the league. It's really cool.

Reactions: dakotagribbins
Unfortunately the Reds pitching talent is a little gapped…Greene Lodolo and Ashcroft won’t be intact until August at earliest and there isn’t anything MLB ready at Louisville…Conner Phillips and Lyon Richardson are at AA and should be called up to Louisville I’m the next month…Chase Petty from Single A about same time…position depth in spades throughout Reds system

Unfortunately the Reds pitching talent is a little gapped…Greene Lodolo and Ashcroft won’t be intact until August at earliest and there isn’t anything MLB ready at Louisville…Conner Phillips and Lyon Richardson are at AA and should be called up to Louisville I’m the next month…Chase Petty from Single A about same time…position depth in spades throughout Reds system
If the Reds are still in contention of making playoffs, which I don't any reason why they wouldn't, the answer is trades... There are guys like Zach Greinke that will probably be available.

I haven't followed the Reds since the departure of Davey Johnson but De La Cruz and drafting of Rhett Lowder makes it interesting to say the least. Add Ty Floyd from LSU in the 2nd round gives me another pitcher to follow their progress. Those 18 Ks in Game 1 of the Finals was impressive.

Last edited:
If the Reds are still in contention of making playoffs, which I don't any reason why they wouldn't, the answer is trades... There are guys like Zach Greinke that will probably be available.
Reds should pass on Grienke. He gives up too many long balls and that's not ideal for The Great American ball park.

If they're serious about going for it this season, they should sacrifice a couple young guys that are contributing right now and get a #1 starter. Lucas Giolito, Jack Flaherty or even Max Scherzer. Maybe a #2 starter like Nick Pivetta, Michael Wacha, or Alex Cobb.

That means guys like Benson and Friedl plus some high triple A guys would have to be sacrificed.

Reds GM not used to making those kind of decisions. It's going to be a interesting trade deadline for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT